Collection: One year after making my own

Aditrap

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking in the RPF for a few years every once in a while but only really started to get active. I love seeing everyone's progress and finished builds so I thought I'd share what I've been able to make since I got a 3D printer last year. Still have a lot to learn and I've recently picked up some illustrator and fusion knowledge to hopefully design more of my own stuff in the future. Hope you enjoy, and I appreciate all feedback!

To start, here's my current Marvel collection:

Faceplate Prototype: (Still trying to get the color right)

IMG_0641.JPGIMG_0647.JPGIMG_0644.JPG

Mark 85 Helmet (which fell and cracked right after the photoshoot :/ will fix up later)
IMG_0733.JPGIMG_0742.JPGIMG_0743.JPG

Ragnarok Helmet, very happy with the weathering on this one
IMG_4012.jpgIMG_4015.jpgIMG_4016.jpgIMG_4017.jpgIMG_4018.jpg

Power Stone Orb
IMG_0636.JPGIMG_0638.JPG

BLM Edition Faceplate I auctioned for an organization:
IMG_0656.JPGIMG_0657.JPG

And a few commissioned Groots!
IMG_5949.jpg

Thanks for looking! I'll post some of my Star Wars pieces when I finish taking pictures of a few of them

Star Wars Collection (minus purchased props)

Scout Trooper: The most recent helmet I added to the Star Wars collection and I still have to add some of the decals when I have the time
IMG_0612.JPGIMG_0618.JPGIMG_0627.JPG

Melted Vader Helmet: 3D Printed in several parts to fit the printer, smoothed with a thin layer of epoxy, and painted with acrylics
IMG_0560.JPGIMG_0566.JPGIMG_0567.JPG

Mandatory Mando Helmet: I took these before I added a proper visor but even though the color isn't quite right I'm happy with the shine and smoothness. May revisit the color once I have the proper airbrushing skills.
IMG_4906.jpgIMG_4907.jpgIMG_4908.jpg

Rogue One Datatape Cartridge: Had to learn a whole bunch of skills for this one. Bought Birdie's old master mold and files to maybe complete a run someday, but since I finished this version I've since updated the engraved acrylic (one long illustrator course later), and updated some of the metal bits.
Back_Closeup.JPGIMG_0671.JPGIMG_0687.JPG

Kirak Infil'a's Lightsaber: This one was actually a commission and isn't currently in the collection, but another is currently printing so I can display one for myself.
IMG_0718.JPGIMG_0715.JPGIMG_0720.JPGIMG_0726.JPG

That's all (for now) of the home-made Star Wars items! Will post some Harry Potter stuff later or maybe my expanded Anovos, Valyrian Steel, etc pieces. Thanks for looking!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back