Cold War Predator is finished

Elkman

Sr Member
My friends Jim and Melinda came over last night to help me finish my costume, which I'll be presenting in the CONvergence Masquerade on Saturday night. I had Jim take a few photos before he had to leave.
CompleteSuit-001-700.jpg

CompleteSuit-002-700.jpg

For some reason, Jim insisted on pointing the lasers at me. That doesn't work, Jim. Predators do the hunting; they aren't hunted.

Here's my favorite shot:
CompleteSuit-005-700.jpg

Actually, in these photos, I didn't have the bio lenses complete yet. They'll be done in time for the Masquerade.

Thanks to all of you guys for inspiration, technical ideas, support, and giving me the idea for this insane project in the first place. I'll post more pictures from the convention later.

That came out great!!!

Hey, I... ah... well... your toggle switch is haging out. :)

Were you going to use that monster switch or get a micro type? I know the small ones I have are good to 2A. I don't know your load but they are much easier to hide.

Oh, and good luck!

Congrats on the build! Now get out there and collect some trophies!
OK, I only collected one trophy, but it was the best one. I won the Best in Show award at the CONvergence 2010 Masquerade! I had some good competition, but in the end, I think the last 7 months of building have paid off. Here are a couple shots:
Trophy90.jpg

Trophy95.jpg

It's a little hard to tell because it's a clear glass trophy about 14 inches tall.

I also got to have a little fun with a facehugger:
Facehugger96.jpg

And a chestburster:
Chestburster104.jpg

I'll post more later. It's 3 AM and I'm exhausted and dehydrated, but I can't ask for much better results than this.

Congrats on another Best in Show!
happy0159.gif

So what's happened to your neck ring. Did you end up wearing for a while then taking it off?

Any wordrobe malfunctions?

Think I found video of you in action video
Yep, that was me. I wish he would have zoomed in a little more, but that's OK. I also had my friend Melinda take a bootleg-style video from backstage. (She was also the one operating the lasers when I came out.) Here's the link.

Also, here's a set of photos on Flickr that shows all of the Masquerade entries, and my own set of photos on Flickr from the convention. I made the mask for the Sleestak costume shown about midway through.

By the way, I met this guy who built kind of a budget Predator costume. For being built mainly of foam, it's pretty accurate. He couldn't wear the blade gauntlet with blades because it would have been against the hotel's weapons policy, so he was wearing the other one with glow sticks to walk around. A bonus with his costume was that it was a heck of a lot cooler to wear than mine was!
4760366329_d691dfd581.jpg

4761002484_71a819977c.jpg

Congrats on another Best in Show!
happy0159.gif

So what's happened to your neck ring. Did you end up wearing for a while then taking it off?

Any wordrobe malfunctions?
I think I either forgot to put the neck ring back on when I suited up again for the awards, or I just forgot to tuck my mask into it. Between my performance and the awards, I took the suit off to cool down. (It's a good thing, too, because it took them a long time to compute the scores. Their computer crashed.)

I had a couple wardrobe malfunctions, but nothing on the level of a nipple slip. The shoulder bell was just attached by a strap with Velcro on both sides, so it fell off when I went out to receive my award. (Oops.) Also, the blade mechanism fell off of its track while I was walking around the party rooms. I'm currently in the process of repairing it. I've redesigned my construction techniques to make things simpler, so when I offer blade gauntlets for sale in the future, they'll have fewer parts.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back