Cobra Commander (Krake)...Upgrade Help?

Re: Cobra Commander (Krake) Build...

Hey guys, so Pepmaster is still working on the helmet. Of course it has taken much longer than I would have liked. But this will be the last mold he will be trying.

I am keeping my options open, so I may pep a helmet. But it would be amateur work at best. Budget has kept me from working on the other parts.

Just get a pep done and get a sample pack of smooth-caste 321. I'm using it for my 51-b Power helmet, and it's working well. I've never made anything with paper either, and the workability and lack of smell is making it so I can work on it when I want to instead of the other way around.

Oh update!
He needs to sand and smooth, paint, and place the visor inside. I would say he is in the home stretch!
12470-mold-side.jpg

12471-mold-2.jpg

I think this might take a bit more work than your being told... I would advise not paying for this until you get to see this with your own eyes. If you consider doing a pep helmet for your costume BlackKaos has a great pep for it.

I think this might take a bit more work than your being told... I would advise not paying for this until you get to see this with your own eyes. If you consider doing a pep helmet for your costume BlackKaos has a great pep for it.

God, I'm glad someone else has said it. I wasn't sure if etiquette would be appropriate to do so.

I don't know, and it is none of my business, how much you are paying him to make this but unless it's under 50 bucks, it's not worth it. There are a lot of problems aside from how rough that is. I don't want to go and tear down someone's work (especially if he can't come and defend himself) but I think he got in over his head on this one. It may be beyond his abilities.

You should do what others have suggested and try pepping one yourself. You'd be prouder of it in the long run.

At this point any criticism and analysis of the helmet is welcome.
If I were to start this helmet I'd be in over my head. Pepmaster said he would have it done in 9 weeks originally!
This is also the second time a build has taken well over the builders estimate for my commission. As long as I get something that looks good I'll be happy.:confused

Last edited by a moderator:

I dunno guys, the OP might be like me. I've tried pep myself on many occasions, but my skill set isn't there. It's more worth it to me to find someone who would be willing to pep a file for me and fiberglass it. I can do sanding and painting well enough but I just don't have the ability to handle all the real finite pieces that most of the pep files require you to deal with.

If I can find someone who will pep and fiberglass I'd pay them what it was worth to include sanding and bondo despite doing that aspect myself. Because it would be worth it.

These are just the belt and pistol rigs. The pants will not be used, I had them laying around for the Kodak moment.
On another note Pepmaster, has refunded me.
12862-dsc05130.jpg

Krake_RAH_Cardfront.jpg

12860-dsc05125.jpg

12861-dsc05129.jpg

Last edited:

LOOK THIS IS A SYFY GAMES 3D RENDER from COBRA SPECIAL FORCES(TM)
Patent Pending HASBRO(R) All rights reserved
COPYRIGHT 1976 Ricky Bobby
564837_272683229494083_260010410761365_568495_1582640680_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back