Limited Run CLOSED: Kylo Ren CNC aluminium ultra accurate Saber

I spoke with Scott, I guess he doesn't check his email. If you have facebook, use that email to add Scott there, and ask in a message. IF you don't let me know and I will get it from him.

I am not on Facebook so if you could please email/message me the tracking number it would never greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DD,
If you can send me my tracking info as well, I'm not on Facebook either, would also would be appreciated,
Thanks, DD,
AL

Got mine today, looks fantastic. Thanks Derek!

Little bummed out though, I thought it was supposed to be compatible with MHS parts? MHS heatsink doesn't fit and neither does the chassis I spent a lot of time building.
Also thought the screws to hold everything together were going to be included?

What MHS heatsink did you get? The generic TCSS 1 inch diameter or the MHS specific. I think when he said that it was MHS, he meant that the inner diameter was the same as MHS inner diameter so that chassis stuff of that size would fit but its not set up like MHS to lock in those parts. I hope I am correct.

What MHS heatsink did you get? The generic TCSS 1 inch diameter or the MHS specific. I think when he said that it was MHS, he meant that the inner diameter was the same as MHS inner diameter so that chassis stuff of that size would fit but its not set up like MHS to lock in those parts. I hope I am correct.

I have the normal MHS heatsink module, no part of it fits, it's not just the lip that's supposed to lock in. The hilt is to narrow for the whole thing. I also have mhs chassis parts and they just about fit but are too tight for me to actually use them.

I have the normal MHS heatsink module, no part of it fits, it's not just the lip that's supposed to lock in. The hilt is to narrow for the whole thing. I also have mhs chassis parts and they just about fit but are too tight for me to actually use them.
I'll happily buy it from you if you're not happy

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I wish someone will sell a screw kit with everything needed to complete this kit. I've been looking at home depot. They don't have all the screws.

I wish someone will sell a screw kit with everything needed to complete this kit. I've been looking at home depot. They don't have all the screws.

Sounds like a good opportunity for someone to make some cash :D

All the work is done for you in my earlier post. Now you just need to take names and order a few bags of screws.

As I expected. The MHS heatsink is an odd size and is made specifically to fit in MHS emitters. I can easily see where the confusion came in on that. I want to say I remember from a previous post that their 1 inch universal was the right size but don't quote me. Make sure you measure.

As for the chassis, there is a small change in size sometimes between cad 3d printed items and cad machined stuff. This has been mentioned as a problem before and things had to be redesigned to fit IIRC.

Don't give up on your chassis discs and design. If it almost fits, get some sand paper and take it in a mm or two. Rise above and scrap your lightsaber together like Kylo. Even if the chassis discs look worn and pieced together it will still fit in with the aesthetic of the design.

Good Luck

Speaking of the drooling over pics to come, as I am broke now prop fund wise, has there been any discussion on weather or not there will be a second run??

Thanks

Mine arrived today. It's beautiful, the machining is really crisp and all the parts slide/screw/lock in perfectly.

IMG_1810.JPG

I've finally realised what the Wired (I think main hero) prop is made of and why it looks like blued steel but with coppery/brass tones on the worn edges:

The-Force-Awakens-Battle-Props-in-Close-up-38.jpg

It's brass. Blued brass:

rtya.jpg_thumbnail0.jpgbrassblue2_zps4ff4f20f.jpg

Explains everything I'm seeing in the wired image (except maybe the heat marks on the quillons, they must be blued steel)

Now if only we could plate these with brass, then blue it, then weather the bluing off! :D

Mine arrived today. It's beautiful, the machining is really crisp and all the parts slide/screw/lock in perfectly.

View attachment 671653

I've finally realised what the Wired (I think main hero) prop is made of and why it looks like blued steel but with coppery/brass tones on the worn edges:

View attachment 671655

It's brass. Blued brass:

View attachment 671657View attachment 671656

Explains everything I'm seeing in the wired image (except maybe the heat marks on the quillons, they must be blued steel)

Now if only we could plate these with brass, then blue it, then weather the bluing off! :D
I'm glad to see you also selected the resin cast internals, I was starting to think everyone got the machined versions and I was getting jealous. They look great!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Mine arrived today and it is truly a piece of art, I am so happy I got on this run.Fantastic all pro.
IMG_2168.JPGIMG_2167.JPGIMG_2169.JPGIMG_2170.JPG

IMG_2168.JPG

IMG_2167.JPG

IMG_2169.JPG

IMG_2170.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back