Limited Run CLOSED: Kylo Ren CNC aluminium ultra accurate Saber

beautiful finish!! I've never heard of the toothpaste trick for weathering!? i have used hot glue before. thats a very clever trick, any special brand?

beautiful finish!! I've never heard of the toothpaste trick for weathering!? i have used hot glue before. thats a very clever trick, any special brand?
Thanks. I just used standard Colgate, in easy to squeeze bottle. You can use a toothpick to shape detailed masked parts, or use a brush to get nice scratch marks. I have also seen people use mustard and latex. I like the toothpaste, because even if it dries, it can be washed off with water.

Mines still not quite finished, but I've finished up all the painting and the internals are all wired up so I thought I'd share a few more pics.

I love the way the light comes through the blade plugs!

IMG_20161110_115221.jpg
IMG_20161110_115213.jpg
IMG_20161110_115232.jpg
IMG_20161110_115307.jpg

you guys are all very very talented men, i prey when it comes time for me to tackle this i can have mine come out looking like these. great jobs! :thumbsup

*Twilight Zone music*

I was just coming here to see if I could get a painting update.

Thanks for anticipating the question and answering it before I could ask it :)

And, uh, wow! Looks amazing!
Yeah I'm sorry for lack of updates. Lots of things hitting me from all corners lately. This run has definitely stretched me thin but everything is turning out nice.

To my customers: thank you for your patience. My shop is at the home stretch with these. Every part should be finished paint work by Friday and then each one gets finally assembly and inspection. We are awaiting our supply of screws for these. Batch email with more info to come.
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc506/jimmy2step/20161115_154800_zpsxmejp1kl.jpg

(Waving my hand) You will be finishing my V2

That is just incredible. Holy cow that is sweet!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be getting the end caps and core pieces finished up today and tomorrow. After that we move on to assembly. I should have my supply of set screws by Thursday or friday.

Re: Kylo Ren CNC aluminium ultra accurate Saber

If you have any plans to do another run please let me know. I would be up for one.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back