Clash of the Titans Remake... What do you think?

i was a little confused about how the scorpions go from being made from the blood of Calibos by Hades, to randomly being local beasts of burden for the locals, like theyre a common animal...

SandwormsCoverArt.jpg

ride that beast of burden baby

I couldn't help but laugh during half of it because when ever Hades
flickered onto screen, he reminded me of Bobcat Goldthwait in his 80's
years. I just sat and waited for him to blurt out.

"nuunnunnu, nanaaa, Ahhh, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. then a sentence". LOL

:lol

Loved it.
Saw it in 3D, thought it was a lot of fun.:thumbsup
Great nod to Bubo (he was so goofy they could have just ignored it, it was great to see him again) - Thought they did a great job with Calibos (sp?), Madusa, Scorpions, Pegasus, etc.
Great seeing that film updated - I plan to go again.

Last edited:
You don't care about anybody, or anything that's going on:
Argos is threatened with destruction, but you get no feeling for why it should be saved. It's just supposed to.

Andromeda is the chosen sacrifice in lieu of said destruction...but so what if she dies? She's a non-character in the movie.

Saw it last night and, while I really enjoyed the film, I also had fairly realistic expectations going in that this was NOT going to be as EPIC or on as GRAND a scale of Lord of the Rings. I did enjoy it for what it was though.

That said, I too would have LOVED to have seen them do more with it
There really was no limit to this movies' potential and they chose to speed through it in barely an hour and 45 minutes. :(. This would also explain why I could only recall the main 5-7 characters by the end of it. Had this been made into a 2 and 1/2 hr movie, there could have been more time allotted to character development for the at least 20 or so characters listed on the movies character/cast list . Aside from the initial monologue, was Poseiden even in it? Did the well established actor playing him on the movies cast list even get a paycheck? :lol
And is it just me, or do others agree that the medusa sequence was WAAY creepier and more frightening in the original. I immediately thought that this might be due to the fact that I was only 10 when I saw the original in 81, and am seeing the remake through jaded 38 year old eyes, but nope. Sat down and watched the original classic this evening and the medusa had me s&$t scared like I was 10 again. :lol
Chronos' statement really stood out for me as well. I desperately wanted to feel invested in the characters and the fate of Argos, but I found that I didn't even care about the fate of Andromeda. As a matter of fact, I kept thinking... #$ck, sacrifice the depressed looking brat before the the city is destroyed you fools !! (How's THAT for uninvested in a character?)

In the end, I still enjoyed myself and know I'm most likely biased due to my love of greek mythology and the original classic. It just aches a bit to know how grand and epic it could have been in better hands.

Btw, Bubos cameo was PERFECT, imo. When the guy said to leave it, I nearly did a spit take. :lol

I enjoyed it well enough (2D version.)

I liked the sword, and the Bubo cameo.

I don't get why they got named actors to play the non-speaking members of the pantheon. Seemed pointless.

And while the concept was somewhat cool, the djinni - especially the one that tagged along - seemed a little too weird.

Seeing all the coins in the hold of Charon's ferry led me to wonder - what *does* the ferryman spend it all on? Even with the much lower population back then, he had to have a massive amount of wealth...

Enjoyed it, but it was nothing real special. Better than Avatar, but that's not saying much.

Will agree that it's missing that big "eff yeah" type moment.
Sam Worthington does seem to lack a certain on screen charm or charisma.
Thought the CG for the most part was terrrific.
Loved the Bubo cameo.

My wife and I saw it over the weekend, and left with a "meh" feeling. The effects seemed to fit the piece and weren't overdone, but the story felt disjointed, and left us completely cold to virtually all of the characters. It seemed like it could have been a very strong film with some more story/development and a somewhat longer run time.

...Now I'll just burn it next week and watch it on the small screen.

we had to know it was going to suck...I'll have to watch the original again to clean my pallet after

I've just got to ask - why would you bother breaking the law to watch a movie that you feel sucks? :confused

It was ok. I liked the original better.

Like everyone else I had a hard time feeling for the characters, they could have built them up a little better. I wish the other gods would have had more to do with the story.

Hated the Kraken, deffiantly prefered the original look of it.

gemma arterton made it worth it for me. Io = hottie!!
AMEN! NOM NOM!

We were supposed to see this film in 3D but there was a mix-up at the theater with our Fandango purchase, so we watched it in 2D and got free passes for another movie in the future.

I didn't go into this thinking it was going to be an epic remake of the original. I went into it thinking it was going to use the original as a base but they were going to do something different - and they did.

I expected a movie set in some sort of an ancient time with mythology as a guideline to tell a tale with special effects. I didn't expect gripping dialogue and Oscar performances. I got exactly what I wanted, and I enjoyed it.

I can't believe nobody has said anything about Perseus' "Lightsaber"

That's what I thought!!!

How did a guy like Louis Leterrier get to direct this? Even funnier, or dumber is that he took out some of the truly great scenes from the original. The vorpral sword was just cool in the first one, stolen from SW in this. (I laughed out loud when I saw it!) Where was the helmet and the shield?

Worst of all, in the original my really hell yea kick ass moment was when Zeus orders the krakin released... then reaches behind his back to reinvigorate Persious!! How do you remake something and leave that out??

SPOILER

Just got back from the 2D version, and I liked it. But my questions are:

- Zeus seems to be very schizophrenic - why does he even TRY to help Perseus out the way he does? He doesn't seem to intially care for Perseus at all. Was he on to Hades' plans, and was HOPING that Perseus could defeat the Kraken?
- At the end of the film, the humans are STILL not worshipping the gods, so aren't the gods continuing to lose their power?
- Do the ONLY humans on the planet live in Argus? Why would the gods care if only one city with a few thousand people stopped "loving" them? Aren't there, like, dozens/hundreds/even thousands of other cities on the planet to find worshippers?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back