chocolate frog boxes!

ecl

Sr Member
I recently got a hold of the deluxe Page to Screen book set, and have scanned a few things I want to make. I'm thinking about making a chocolate frog box, but need the starred gold foil. It's apparently available in Europe, but no one ships to the USA. If anyone in the UK or anywhere else that can order these can help me order this foil and send it over to me in the USA, that would be awesome. I would pay for everything and also include extra for the trouble! I only need the gold rolls! 3 rolls would be enough.

Here's a place online that sells the foil, http://www.modulor.de/en/Paper-Card...ar-embossed-90-g-m-w-500-l-780-gold-gold.html

Let me know :D

-Eric

Attachments

• chocofrog-and-acid-pops.jpg
    chocofrog-and-acid-pops.jpg
    977.9 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:
Re: chocolate frog foil help

Hi vitor! The foil is actually for the interior lining of the box, not for the letters on top. I can do the heat transfer method for that as you've done for your props too! Here's a picture of the star pattern foil they used to line the inside of the chocolate frog props. It's more about the pattern that I'm trying to get.

Found this pic online (attached)

Attachments

• Chocolate-frogs.jpg
    Chocolate-frogs.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 337

I am planning on buying some more of this foil, got two small rolls at home already but I need to start printing the boxes.

Send me a PM!

Oh! Yes, I never notice how the interior looked like, looks great!
I'm sure you will find someone to help you with the foil! Or, you can try contact with the website,and ask them for a exception... who knows?

Good luck!!!!

@ TB-7021

I would be interested in this foil as well if there was someone willing to do a group buy. I would also be interested in some of the other colors they have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unfortunately the bottom graphic isn't shown in the book. I've got plenty of references of it though, so it would probably need to be custom made. But it's pretty cool that the book features the top pattern and also provides a great guide for how it is folded. The separation between "chocolate" and "frog" is important as it shows how tall the pointed top of the box should be!

I'd love to do one or two of these, but I haven't seen a plan for the box that shows just how the strings on the box unseal it like Ron did in the first movie. Are you planning to cover a fake frog in a satin-finish brown paint too?

Looks pretty good sonic, thanks! Really hope to get a hold of this foil so I can get this underway :D

Here's a link to a larger file:

http://imageshack.com/a/img904/5150/XMzHcJ.jpg

I also want to make a few Sorcerer's stone versions first, will have to modify this graphic to do that,but it's a bit easier as there's no gold foil on the top. But still need the star foil for the inside! That's the key unfortunately. I have plenty of references for the front, but not sure if the back is the same as the prisoner of azkaban version.

TB-7021, sent u pm about the foil!

http://imageshack.com/a/img633/9088/uYYlcQ.jpg (pic from google images)

Last edited:

Hi feide,

send me a pm and let me know how many rolls you would like to have.
ecl, I tried to send you a list of all the prices, but it looks like your inbox is full.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi! I just freed up space in my inbox. Sorry about that! Could you try to send the prices again? Thanks!!

-Eric

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back