Check Out My New Vader! Update Post#60 11/28/2012

Reel Fakes

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Gang,

I just finished this guy up and wanted to show him off.
He's kind of a mix of ESB and ROTJ.

I know he's not as accurate as some Vaders, but I'm quite pleased with him.

PICS:
1600534.jpeg

1630621.jpeg

1663138.jpeg

Hope you like him!

Thanks for looking,

Last edited:
Re: Check Out My New Vader!

That is fantastic! I'm definitely interested in seeing a parts list as well. And that mannequin... PERFECT!

Thanks for the complements!

Helmet/Armor: This was a "w-c-fx" set purchased unfinished off of Ebay. If I had known this was SPFX I would have gone elsewhere - deal with this seller at your own risk! I have heard of people who got ripped off by this guy. I waited 2 months and had to get ebay involved, but he finally delivered. I painted these myself. It was originally ESB-style, but I modified it to ROTJ prior to painting. I made the cape hook from a piece of brass rod.

Cape, robe, leather suit, and gloves: all purchased fro Ebay member "argentina-worldwide-custom-props" Top notch seller, and quick turn-around.

Fiberglass Shins are from Ebay seller "southwestpropshop" - theses are a bit rough arounds the edges, but the price was right.

Cod piece: RPF Member: 'Artison Props'. Best/most accurate cod I've ever seen and a great person to deal with as well!

Chest box: RPF member 'Ace Replicas' machined aluminum ESB chest box. This thing is just crazy cool, and he's also a great guy to deal with.

Belt: I scratch-built the boxes/electronics and cut/died the leather. The buckle came from ebay. I removed the glossy powder coat from the back plate, and then painted it flat black and weather it. The green lights came from RPF member "tk2647" and the other greeblies were sourced locally.

Thanks again for the comments!

That is fantastic! I'm definitely interested in seeing a parts list as well. And that mannequin... PERFECT!

Ha! The mannequin is PVC, bubble wrap, and wire!

He stands about 6' 9.5" (costume included)

Thanks!

Sorry, I didn't take any pics while I was building it. It's just a simple PVC skeleton with wire joints in the arms. Then I fattened him up with rolls and rolls and rolls of bubble wrap.

Here are a couple pics of Vader with his roommate:
7656364.jpeg

7704947.jpeg

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Bubble wrap has a shelf life, so Vader might sag after some time.

Looks great! I am close to finishing my ESB Vader as well. I just need gloves and boots.

-Eric

Looks stunning authentic! :thumbsup
I am also working on my ESB Vader :)

And I am currently waiting on my helmet from "w-c-fx"... :rolleyes
But I feel at the end the force will be with me.

I am just preparing an order at "argentina-worldwide-custom-props"
and made a research about that seller. So I came here.
Finally good to hear that this is the right place, as I felt when I communicated with that guy yesterday.

Again: Great work and a benchmark for my project! :thumbsup

Thanks everyone. I think I'm gonna redo the mannequin this weekend.
This time with foam :)

You should document the mannequin work. Especially for someone about to finish a Vader. ;)

-Eric

Chris, I got my raw SPFX :)
A very good product, will love to finalize it.

I mean its worth a try, they only seems to use a special supply chain management method :love The product is awesome cool.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back