Charades Costumes.

vader45

Sr Member
I came across this company that makes Halloween costumes similar to Rubies but done BETTER. They have a few Star wars costumes that look nice for their asking price.

Theses are the ones I found. They can be found on Amazon or eBay or costume sites.

For what they are they sure look nice. Obviously the belts and boot covers are Halloween quality but they sure have some nice elements to them especially that snow parka.

shopping.jpeg
710dZc3VOCL._AC_UY1000_.jpg
71fu9lHmCRL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

These would provide excellent parts for people on extremely tight budgets.

They have there own site

Best part is. They are made here in the USA!

Last edited:
FWIW these pictures look halfway decent for low end costumes but I've seen some Charade brand costumes (non Star Wars) at my local Halloween/ party store and they are the exact same quality as Rubies. Just cheap polyester types.

FWIW these pictures look halfway decent for low end costumes but I've seen some Charade brand costumes (non Star Wars) at my local Halloween/ party store and they are the exact same quality as Rubies. Just cheap polyester types.

These costumes are around $100. What price range of costume did you look at?

I'm not sure about the prices but I remember looking at some of their products at my local party store thinking they were Rubies only to see the Charades logo on them. Rubies also offers "supreme" versions of some of their costumes which are a step up in quality compared to their lowest end stuff. I'm not sure if you've ever seen or heard of the Vader Supreme edition costume. It's a decent base but most fans buy it only to mod the hell out of it. It's several hundred dollars so definitely in the higher price category of these Charades offerings.

For what they are, I agree with you that they are great for people looking for a costume on an extremely tight budget, but for serious costumers like you or me they wouldn't cut it.

I’ve debated getting that ESB Luke so as not to feel bad when heavily weathering it for that Cloud City look but the pictures make me feel like I’m not seeing what I would be getting

How bad is it that it bothers me that the ESB Luke trouser pockets don't have the angled corners and the breast pockets don't have the extra little flap closures? :lol: I know they're small details, but I'm like, where are they, lol.

shopping.jpeg

mybaeingray.jpg

tumblr_padryvLJCq1wzvt9qo1_540.jpg

I know it'd be a really minor modification to add those, but it might be tricky to find the exact color/texture of fabric to match this particular polyester costume to blend in seamlessly (especially since the Charades photo seems to indicate that there's an ever-so-slight sheen to it).

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back