Celebrity jerks?

Not sure if this qualifies under jerk, as this celebrity was a real *******, much more than a jerk. I was at the Calgary Comic Con on Saturday April 27th 2013 and had an opportunity to do a photo op with the x-files cast Gillian Anderson, Michael Pileggi, and ******* Robert Patrick.

I was wearing a shirt that had Yoda doing the see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil poses. So Gillian decided to have them all immitate the shirt. I wasn't sure if it would make a good picture, but Robert said sorry all you get is one, and I thought he was joking, but detected a slight edge to his tone. Anyways Gillian's idea was great and the pic turned out good. I went to Robert Patrick's booth to get it autographed.

Anyways, there was a guy ahead of me who had brought in a lifesized arnold head to sign and he yelled that's not me. When I got up there, I jokingly said I have a picture of Arnold for you to sign and then said just kidding as I placed picture of the four of us down on the table. He looked at what Michael Pileggi had signed and then said aggressively "I'll sign it shut the **** up! He then signed it and I took my picture and left what an *******!!!!!!!!!

I bite my lip, I actually wanted to punch him, but would have undoubtedly been barred from the comic con permanently, criminally charged, and possibly lost my job if that happend.

Funny thing was I actually felt sorry for him on Friday when he had no line up of fans to see him. What a complete *******.

Today while at the gym I ran into Willie Garrison(From the USA TV show White Collar among other things). I walked by and asked "Excuse me aren't you Willie Garrison from White Collar". He Replies Yes I am. I then go on to have a quick two or three minute conversation saying how I am a fan of the show, I can not wait for next season to air and how he adds great comedy to the show. He very thanks me and says how it is always nice to have a fan come up to him and recognize him for his work. He then went onto his work out, and I walked off shaking his hand. I felt it was wrong to ask him for a autograph or picture as we both were sweaty. A nice guy, and pretty friendly overall in my opinion not dismissive or brooding which is nice considering the atmosphere I met him.

I help run a convention in Chattanooga (ConNooga) and although we're still a smallish con, we were able to bring in Daniel Logan, Temuera Morrison, and Chandler Riggs this year. ALL fantastic guests. Daniel and Tem were great together. Both very personable. I was working the registration table early before the con really started going and Tem came up to us on the way to the dealers hall and shook everyone's hands and told US that he hoped we'll have a good time this weekend. As if that wasn't enough, several things his agent said he would not do... he wanted to do! He was bummed that he wasn't staying at the host hotel (instead of the "nicer" one his agent insisted on), he (and Daniel) guest judged at a Saber Idol competition (and even performed!), and went on an early morning TV talk show.
Chandler was great, too. Only came in for the one day, but he smiled constantly, posed for pictures, did the autograph thing and seemed a very cool kid.

Daniel Logan is an absolute gem every time I've met him (and man can he drink!). Really don't like AOTC and really didn't like seeing Boba as a kid but Dan is such a great and energetic guy it makes up for it. :)

My sister dated Rob Schneider when they were is HS and remained friends during his rise to fame. Rob was always a really nice guy. When the family moved from the SF area to Wash DC, just as we were bording the plane he ran through the airport and met our family at the gate (there was a time when everybody could go past security and meet or say goodbye to friends/family at the gate). Out of breath and very saddened by my sisters leaving, he brought my mom and sister flowers. Needless to say - the ladies cried...

Anywho, many years later he invited my sister and me to NY when he was on SNL. We got to go backstage, watch rehearsal, dress rehearsal, taping, etc and we met almost everybody on the set... it was AMAZING and most of the folks were very cordial despite looking exhausted! After taping, me, my sister, Rob, Adam Sandler and David Spade all climbed into a limo and headed for the "aftershow" party. Of all the people we met that weekend, Sandler was the biggest *****. I was surpised his head fit into the limo. He was arrogant, self absorbed, petty, loud, and generally unpleasant. Looked people he didn't know up and down and brushed them aside...

Now I've heard he's wised up over the years and is much more personable... but the drive in the limo some 20 years ago was unbearable!

This is along story, but here I go.....

Went to CCEE ( Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo) over the weekend mainly to troop for the 501st and get some art. My wife is a huge Gimli and Touchwood fan, but because of her anxiety stayed at our hotel. On Friday after my Photobooth time, my 13 yr old and I took a Gimli painting I did to John Rhys-Davies booth. He was spending time with every one as he signed and the line was loooonnnngggg. After about 50 minutes and almost to the front of the line I got a cal from my wife. She hadn't slept the night before and a hockey team decided they should hold practice rigt outside our hotel door, she was a wreck. I told her that I was almost to John and that I would call her right back. We got to John and he loved the painting, told my son that he was a right proper dwarf, cause of his height and wicked red hair. After seeing how awesome he was I asked if he would call my wife......and he did...John spent about 5 minutes talking to her and giving her words of encouragement. As we started to walk away he shouted to the boy, " If your gonna do the wet works you got to bring the axe....." Later I took the boy and his older 2 brothers to the John R-D photo op. He recognized us and gave a "say hi to mum."

You would think that was enough but it got better.

When we were in line for John R-D, my son had taken a Torchwood painting I did over to Eve Myles (Gwen) for her autograph. She told him that it was great. As we walked her booth there was no one there so we stopped by. We chatted about the painting for a minute, and I thought, what the heck and I asked her to talk to my wife...and she did....again another 5 minute conversation, with great words of love and encouragement for her.....when she handed the phone back to me she said, " I think I made her cry "

Later that say day my son and I took the Torchwood painting to John Barrowman (Capt. Jack) for his signature...I told him that both my wife and I had a crush on him, which garnered a huge smile..All through out the weekend my son would go by Eve and Garth David-Lloyd's ( Ianto Jones) booth giving them high fives....

Fast forward to Sunday morning. Encouraged by the words of John R-D and Eve my wife decided that she would brave the con. We got there early to help open the booth and was told that there was a volunteer only signing before the con opening. We got in line for John R-D. 20 minutes later he came out and greeted the line one by one until he got to us. He stopped looked for a minute and said to me "is this mum?" I said yes and he gave her a HUGE hug and little nibbles on the neck, he was gracious and took pics with my wife and proceeded to sign her pics with more loving, kind, encouraging words.....Then he asked my son if he wanted to arm wrestle. We spent about 20 minutes talking to John R-D and as we were leaving he was quoting more Gimli.....

We stopped at Eve's booth, as the con still hadn't opened and she gave my wife a big hug and they chatted a bit more.....we chilled at the 501st booth until it was time for my youngest and my wife to go to the Torchwood team up photo op. There were so many people waiting for Torchwood photo ops and Walking Dead, that we had to wait outside in the cold wind...I had to get back to the booth so they waited in line....when they got into the actual photo area my son stood between Gareth and Eve and my wife didn't know where to stand...she said so and John Barrowman grabbed her from behind into a giant bear hug, wrapping his hands under hers and lifting up her breast in the process....when the pic was done she turned to Eve and thanked her for being so kind...

They took the pic for autographs to John Barrowman...they went up to him, she said she was going to use the pics to get her girlfriends in Lethbridge jealous because he grabbed her boob..to that he declared loudly " Make sure that you say to them , nana a boobie, cause yours was the only one I grabbed this weekend....but make sure to tell them I'm gay..." . She said, "oh i know....you remember what my husband said to you when he brought his painting on Friday..." he thought for a minute and gave a " Oh yes I do....."

This experience was one of the best uplifting that I have ever had and I am thankful that these stars took time out to recognize the challenges that my wife has faced and that they took the time to encourage and so such love for others. Also that they can have fun while doing business at these events.

John Rhys-Davies, Eve Myles, John Barrowman, and Garth David-Lloyd all class acts in my book.

PS if anyone has any contacts for there agents I would appreciate it so I can send these words of thanks directly to them...

GREA GREAT GREAT story! JRD doesn't sound like a class act - he is a class act! Taking time to chat and appreciate those who have contributed to your success should be the cornerstone of every celebrity. Again, GREAT Story! That's an experience that will last a lifetime!

GREA GREAT GREAT story! JRD doesn't sound like a class act - he is a class act! Taking time to chat and appreciate those who have contributed to your success should be the cornerstone of every celebrity. Again, GREAT Story! That's an experience that will last a lifetime!

I agree. He was so kind..asking everyone what they do for a living, or chatting. He performed something just before I got to him..some speech about kings and queens or something. I was too nervous to absorb a word of it! He kindly posed for a picture with my cherub too. :)

Wil Wheaton was also very friendly and easy to talk to. I felt no anxiety with him...felt like I've known him my whole life.

I have to give credit to his handler (and Wil Wheaton's). Usually they are the "bad cops" but both were very kind and personable as well.

Lou Ferigno is a complete jerk on some-days and cool on others. He is a very moody guest at cons. Another one that is great to meet is Adam West... unfortunately if he is with his agent... you don't actually get to speak to Adam... you get to speak to the Agent... and he speaks to Adam. Then Adam only speaks to him.... Lame...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back