Celebrity jerks?

Most definitely. You can even see the other guys in the band with faces like "dude, you're making this really suck for us, just get over yourself".

That's what I thought. It's easy to think he's either stoned or high on something since he does this schtick for almost seven whole minutes until he actually comes forth about his with the interviewer. I mean, really. It was just an introduction that respects all the accomplishments that Billy Bob has been recognized with over the years and it's clear that was all it was intended to do. He doesn't even bring up Billy Bob being when he talks about the highlights of the band he's in.

I've been lucky in that the handful of celebrities I've met have all been very nice. Weird Al stands out as a regular guy.

Al seems really cool. I'd love to be on stage when he does "The Saga Begins" My kids and I always listen to him on the drive back to their house.

I met Slash of Guns N Roses fame recently after a concert. We'd heard from some fans and a couple of autograph dealers that Slash is well known for signing autographs after the show, even having a system for it.

So we took an item each that we'd want signed on the off chance the rumours were true. After the show, we went round the back of the arena to the compund where they keep the trucks and where the stage door is, and sure enough after about an hour some security guards come out and loudly explain the rules. No photographs AT ALL, if they see a flash its over. everyone here gets to meet Slash and get one thing signed, they'd rather everyone get one, than him have to leave cos the first half of people have given him stacks and taken up all his time. He came to the gate and we were all lined up, taken to him one by one for a hello and an autograph, and he said thanks for coming to the show, then we were moved on. There were like 100 people there and everyone got their moment.

I was stunned not just by how easy he is to meet (at an arena, and at his level of fame - no VIP packages here) but also by the amount of effort he put into it, making sure everyone got their moment, setting it up like a proper signing with the security guards etc.

Thats a guy who really looks after his fans.

Worst for me was christopher llyod (think i spelt that right lol)
Was at london comic 3-4 years ago. Being back to the future is my film off all time. I spent 2.5 hours inline to meet him paid 100 pounds for 2 signatures on both my 1/18th scale deloreans. put my models down start to talk to him signs my cars and says next doesnt even look at me ,head down the whole time( i was like what the hell just happened) seriously peed off big time see my face in the pic ive uploaded lol

if that was your worst then be greatful. Christopher was really quiet that day, and how come you paid 100 for two signatures? i met him that day and it was 25 pounds per signature no matter what it was on... though once you factor in travel etc then maybe 100 pounds.

he barely spoke to anyone because the staff were rushing everyone through. I said to him thanks for being a big part of my childhood and he just looked up, smiled and said thankyou. then i was whisked away. i dont think anyone actually got to talk to him properly that day.

little added bonus was my ticket to meet him was number 88 lol.

You know what? I have to mention possibly the nicest I've encountered - Grant Goodeve. When I was a kid he was on Eight is Enough; later he was on Northern Exposure. But the reason I interacted with him was due to his voice work in Team Fortress 2 as The Engineer character.

You see, my wife had a recurring segment on a (now-defunct) TF2 podcast, and said podcast had a running theme of not having "proper" segment bumpers, so they'd put in user-submitted bumpers whenever they felt like it, some of which were hilarious, or hilariously bad. So I contacted Grant, told him about the show and about how my wife is a "career Engineer" in TF2 play - he recorded a few lines as the Engy specifically introducing the segment, and also threw in a couple extra hilarious ones just for her. He didn't charge me anything for the work and was incredibly nice - he even apologized for a delay in contacting me, and corrected an error graciously when he originally sent me the wrong files and I couldn't play them.

I have only met a few famous people. All very pleasant.

I met Tom Hanks at a fundraiser in Hollywood. Actually stood back stage and chatted with him for almost 20 minutes. Then he fell through the door...brushed it off and asked if anyone saw it.

I also met Bruce Willis at a club in Hollywood. He talked with my group for a few minutes, then made sure we had great seats to see his band play. That was a great night

I met Geraldo in a hotel lobby in Shanghi China. I was sitting down enjoying a drink and he just sat down beside me and started chatting. I think we honestly sat and talked for almost an hour. Couldn't tell you what we talked about, other than he asked if I had a family. I do remember it as an enjoyable conversation.

Last is John Travolta. He used to make late night visits to the Denny's I worked at as a kid. He never expected special treatment...he was just part of the community. Great guy to talk to, as well.

I was at the Commodore, a club in Vancouver about 10 years ago, I was with a few of my lady friends and had to excuse myself to go to the WC, when I got back, both Theory of a Deadman and Nickelback were sitting at the table.

I walked up and said "WOW you guys are Theory of a Deadman!

"And you guys are NICKELBACK!"

I turned to Chad Kroeger -

"...And you're in my seat."

He jumped up and profusely apologized while everyone laughed and He bought the next round. They were all seriously funny and surprisingly down to earth, spent the night hanging out and it was a blast.

The most recent one I met was Mike Reiss (writer/producer for 20+ years with The Simpsons) at an Anime convention.
He wasn't a jerk, per se. But he did have many people walking out the room during his seminar due to his crass sense of humor that a lot of them took offense to apparently. Let's just say he has no filter when it comes to speaking. Whatever, I thought he was funny, and pretty down to earth (he hung out with us in lobby after the seminar instead of taking off like the rest of the speakers usually do). :)

I've met and had dinner with Fozzy and Chris Jericho really down to earth guys, and met Thomas Nicholas from American Pie who is a great down to earth guy also, haven't really met many others, I speak to alot of people via the phone thou however..

Sounds like my type of guy and one who would be fun to hang with! :lol

The most recent one I met was Mike Reiss (writer/producer for 20+ years with The Simpsons) at an Anime convention.
He wasn't a jerk, per se. But he did have many people walking out the room during his seminar due to his crass sense of humor that a lot of them took offense to apparently. Let's just say he has no filter when it comes to speaking. Whatever, I thought he was funny, and pretty down to earth (he hung out with us in lobby after the seminar instead of taking off like the rest of the speakers usually do). :)

Sam J Jones is a great guy. Really down to earth and easy to talk to. When I first walked up to him with my camera poised to take a photo, I asked if he had any objections to "FLASH" photography. He thought that was awesome and a real ice breaker. :lol

Last edited:
Well, as long as we're discussing people who aren't jerks in the "celebrity jerk" thread, I would add that Mick Jones and Paul Simonon of The Clash are both awesome dudes. Really only met Paul once, but he was very gracious in signing autographs and taking pictures. Have met Mick Jones a few times - including getting to hang out backstage at the Troubadour - and he's very gracious and has great stories.

And uhh....Saw Adam Savage at the dog park a few weeks ago, told him he had a nice hat (he was wearing his Adventurebilt Indy hat), he said thanks and we both on our merry way. I didn't wanna bother the guy, but I almost had a hardcore nerdgasm :lol :facepalm

I met a lot of older stars when I worked at Disney MGM Studios in the 80s. The Star Trek cast was the best, they understood the importance of the fans to their success. Nichelle was awesome, George was great, never met Shatner or Nimoy. I had coffee with Jane Russell, got pushed on stage by Pat Morita and watched Zsa Zsa slap someone. David Ogden Stiers was the only one that was kind of aloof.

Went to the Calgary Entertainment Expo this weekend and got to meet a few celebs. My first one was John Carpenter. Super nice guy and I got him to sign my Mondo The Thing print.

Then I got to meet Nathan Fillion the next day. He was beyond awesome and when Peter Dinklage arrived for autographs, he stood up and applauded him. When I got up to meet him, he saw my tattoos and completely nerded out and asked me to roll up my sleeves so he could take photos of them both. Someone mentioned that he could be an ******* but he was super cool.

Then I got to meet Michael Beihn. Of all the guys there, he was the nicest one I had met. He chatted with me for a few and then I told him that I was gonna be getting a Cpl. Hicks portrait tattoo and he got all excited and told me that the next time he was in town, he wanted to see it. Then I say down next to him to take a pic and he actually got in real close and actually pulled me in. Kinda funny too because my buddy was trying to choose on a pic and there was a color Cpl. Hicks at the end and he asked me to grab one for him and I did and then he's like actually can you pass me the entire pile and his wife laughed and said "that's right! We're putting you to work!" I can honestly say of all the celebs I've met, Michael was the coolest and most nice. You could just tell he liked being around his fans.

I also got to meet Steven Yeun from the Walking Dead. Super cool guy and had no problem chatting, we were talking about his character from the comic and show.

Surprisingly, the most enthusiastic person there was Richard Steven Horvitz who does alot of voice acting like invader zim, alpha from power rangers, etc. my friend was getting something signed and this guy was actually yelling out in his voice everything he wrote like quotes and whatnot. He was taking pics and videos with his fans and he was laughing in his zim voice. Like he must have had no voice by the end from all the talking and yelling and laughing he was doing. It's funny because while I was waiting with my buddy, I said "I wonder if I should mention that there aren't any summer school prints to sign,......maybe I shouldn't, maybe it was a bad film for him and I'd sound like an *******. Turns out that a friend of mine said to him that Summer School was one of his favourite films and Richard goes "give him his money back, he's the only one thats mentioned summer school so I will not charge him anything "

I also met Adam Hughes and got a sketch from him. I don't know if he was just burnt out but he came off as a miserable *******.

Then I got to meet Nathan Fillion the next day. He was beyond awesome and when Peter Dinklage arrived for autographs, he stood up and applauded him. When I got up to meet him, he saw my tattoos and completely nerded out and asked me to roll up my sleeves so he could take photos of them both. Someone mentioned that he could be an ******* but he was super cool.

OMG. Peter AND Nathan?! I HATE you!!!!

Just kidding. I'm thrilled to hear that Nathan was so cool. I've heard that about him. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back