Carbon-Freeze Vader Saber...an MPP. The Definitive ESB

KL,

Im not discounting it...just trying to rationalize it
icon_wink.gif

I know, bro!
icon_smile.gif

Just honestly curious as to your reasoning, that's all!
Actually, if the one wire/highlight theory is correct, then that would mean that the black bit to the left of the white bit which curves the other way is just the shadow of the one wire (which is black but highlighter white).

Nope I don't think it's the same saber. The picture might not even have been taken at the same time. If you look behind the characters in the colour photo and look on the wall there are horizontal rectangles. In the B&W photo they are vertical. In the B&W pic Boba Fett has some weird dish thing over his head too, and the large Bounty Hunter is missing. The area in the B&W pic looks much more enclosed too. The colour photo shows a lot more room to move around. The B&W pic could very well be a produced picture for a magazine or something, taken at a different place, different time, so quite possibly different lightsaber.

PZP

I beg to differ, look carfully at the back wall where the "arch" is in the color photo. you can clearly see the exact same tiles that are in the B&W pic.

Those arches aren't the same. The one in the colour photo has a more convex shape and is smaller in area. The one in the B&W pic is flat and has a larger area. And has a black outline around it.

That arch thing isn't the same though for the reasons I gave above. The B&W photo looks like a creation of the set. Look in the B&W pic, there is a wall right behind Vader. You can see it up at Vader's helmet. Below that there is a huge light or something like that. This extra wall and light isn't present in the colour photo.

First: I'm working on getting some pics of the Special Edition stand-up. I could make some comments about the saber, but I'll wait till I have the photographic proof for all to see.

KL, you'll be pleased to know that the Hebrew (?) writing on the chestbox is pretty clear so I'll get a picture of that as well, if you still want it. I can tell you that all three lines are identical text.

Second, this thread is now taking FOREVER to download and half of the pics don't make it. Any chance we could start a "Part II" thread???

Alex, COOL!! Can't wait for your pics!
(yes, I'm also dying to see the chestbox writing!!! But identical text??? That's a big HMMMM... You had to wait till I already wrote the writing onto my chestbox before telling me, didn't you?
icon_lol.gif
)

Re the pics, FWIW, I think the comparison pics that moonwalker posted shows alot.
That thingy on the left beside Vader's helmet is not part of the wall, IMO, but something else just behind his helmet. Perhaps some kind of mic stick plus a flash reflection screen or something like that. The point being, that's the same wall shown in those 2 pics, and more than likely, the same set, same day, and hence same saber.
If someone can blow up that pic that PZP posted for all to see, then that'd be the best!
icon_smile.gif

Kl,

It funny how you can look at a picture and see two different things.

Reminds me of a picture of an old witch my son brought home from school that was drawn in away that could also be a princess....anyways.

I too have only seen the Black wire.....the lighter shade I think is the black wire and the darker shade is its shadow/reflection.

Try some sample shoots with different light with your saber and I think you will find this to be the case.

Lordsandy

Yeah, Lordsandy, I know whatcha mean.

I still think it's more likely than not that there is more than one wire, be that other wire white or whatever.

Look at these shots again. (Note white bit on the outside of the black wire reflection?)
(Note white bit on the outside of the black wire. Another reflection at the same place?)
On the assumption that it's the same saber (which I know some still disagree), or those things are also wires (which some also probably still disagree), does that really look like just one wire? Dunno. I can't be sure myself, but I'd lean towards it being more than one wire, and most likely a white one.

All IMHO, of course...

Chip, I think it actually a boubled wire with half white and half black, if you look through all the pics on this thread that show that wire the white part is always on the same side. Also I don't think the saber was made from the ANH stunt saber, mostly because it's one of the few things from ANH actually in the LF Archives

[attachmentid=462]

The grips are longer but the Scotchbright covered blade gives it away as and ANH saber.

Pat, We could go on quoteing each other for years and never get this setled. I'm gonna' try and make a comparison list similar to the one I did above but a little more complete.

Two things though,in refrence to the screw looking too big in the B&W pic, you can't really tell, it looks like it was catching the light and burned in on the film a bit, this would make it look a bit bigger. Second, Yes Chris did say he didn't think it was a created shroud.... right at the begining of this thread. I don't mean this in any negative way, but please go back and read the whole thread. It will make nailing this down a lot easier.

Yeah, we could quote each other forever and get nowhere. I'm not sure how this is going to get resolved.
I did read the ENTIRE thread, twice actually, and I knew Chris now said that he thought the shroud is the same. But in past posts on different subjects he's said that he thought the CF shroud was different.
I think if someone enlarged a bit the pic I posted that might help a little.

I see 1 wire but with 2 different colors on it.

My dad used to have some old speaker wires that were just like this.

Unlike today where they negative has either writing on it or a line on it, his positive wire was white and his negative wire was black with a thick white strip going down the center on one side.

It could be something as simple as that.

It does look like 1 wire though from all the photos. If it was 2 wires, then, it would have to be 2 wires that were stuck together just like a speaker wire.

Pat, I hope you didn't take any offence to my "Read the whole thing" suggestion, it just seem you might not have
icon_smile.gif
There has been a lot of people posting without reading through what ever thread they are posting to lately.

Can you get a bigger copy of that pic? There's really nothing to work with at that size. What program are you using for your images? if it'a an Adobe program, make sure your scaling the whole pic up and not just zooming in on the picture in the viewing window. I'd love to see what that pic shows.

Again, where we have pics with so little clarity we may have to make educated guess'. We really can't rely on exact orientaion of objects on the sabers (like the exact placment of the holesin the CF pic) because of all the short comings of the resolution of the pics we have availible. That's what I hope to do when I make the comparison chart, show that the visible similarities cross over between the three main pics enough to show that they must all be of the same saber.

Gav, That makes sence, I was actually think it was two wires stuck together, one black one white, I've seen some like that. The half blak half white would work too. unfortunately we will probably never see a good enough pic to be sure.

~Paul
icon_smile.gif

Oh just to let you guys know, If I get a little short tempered here to please let me know. I just got demoted at work and my hours have been cut by a 2/3 and my pay is being reduced. All this is because my District Manager is a TOOL and he took it upon him self to hire a new Assistant Manager behind both my boss' and my back. I guess he thought I was only managment temprorarily and decided to hirer some one without ever asking what my intentions were, Jerk. To top it off I was only given 3 days notice that I was being demoted so now I've got to find a new job since I can't get by on Associates pay and hours.

Sorry to put this rant here, I jus t wanted to warn you guys in case I get hot under the colar that it isn't you at all.

Thanx!

~Paul

Now lets get back to the subject, I'll edit this post in a day or two as it doesn't aply to this thread, it's just FYI

Paul, take care man! Just remember oftentimes even catastrophes (which yours isn't) turn out to be the best blessings in disguise anyone could wish for.
(PS - pls don't edit your post o/wise that'd put this out of context and I'll have to edit mine too..
icon_biggrin.gif
)

Anyway, back on topic, I too always believed it to be a joined wire like my speaker wires. In fact, my speaker wires are black and grey. I'm sure there must be a B&W one around.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back