Captain Phasma - Episode VII

Mitcheg1

Alright, with the release of the new teaser, I'm now pumped to build the caped silver stormtrooper! So, I've watched the trailer several times and he pretty much appears to be identical to the typical white Ep 7 troopers. However, I've noticed a couple of things that have are different and have me puzzled.

1) He doesn't appear to the have the little "light" on his chin like the others
2) Thought the majority of his suit is silver, his glove still appears to be white.
3) This one has me the most confused: His left hand seems "different". It almost appears robotic (I've watched it over and over again). The pic of Anovos' white trooper appears to have a black and white gloved hand. The silver trooper's left hand is definitely not that!

Thoughts? Also, I'm still trying to find a good pep file for the new trooper armor. Anyone know where I can find one? I've searched and found one that wasn't quite right.

silver stormtrooper.JPG01d06da5eea811cb24ec1b946ba4ad30da4d914b96.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Caped Silver Stormtrooper - Episode VII

Well, to your specific questions:
1) You are correct, there is no "light" (which I believe people generally call the mic tip)

2) I believe the glove is silver, just not as reflective as the rest. Like silver paint vs chrome.

3) The left hand isn't actually different, but it's hard to sell that with the fingers wrapped around the handle of the blaster. What you're seeing is, like the lack of mic tip, a small difference in the armor to make this kit unique. Both hands have silver finger armor as well as the regular hand plate on the back. If you look closely at the right index finger you can see it there as well as on the left hand. There was also a piece of promo art released Thursday morning that makes it easier to see.

Stormtroopers.jpeg

I've got to stop reading threads about props where people give plot elements away...

I posted this over in the Ep7 thread, but I'll drop it here too.

I adjusted the screen grab of the Chrometrooper to show more detail.

Attachments

• Chromy.jpg
    Chromy.jpg
    901.8 KB · Views: 740

I posted this over in the Ep7 thread, but I'll drop it here too.

I adjusted the screen grab of the Chrometrooper to show more detail.

If I assume correctly, there are three differences in the armor itself aside from the color: the helmet (mic, forehead indentations), codpiece, and hands.

If I assume correctly, there are three differences in the armor itself aside from the color: the helmet (mic, forehead indentations), codpiece, and hands.

The boots look like they are segmented differently as well. Also along with the forehead indentations, all the edging of the helmet seems to have lines etched in.

Any ideas on the make of the shoes of the new stormtroopers? They remind me of golf shoes.
shoes.JPG

Caped Silver Stormtrooper - Episode VII

Here we go! So I'm gonna tackle Capt Phasma! Picked up TFA Stormtrooper pep files from www.alientechstudio.com at a fair price for pre-sized files. Gonna use the base stormtrooper and modify to create Phasma as I go!

Found my favorite new glue! Loctite Super Glue Gel Control! Amazingly easy to work with!

Got Swedish House Mafia rockin' the earbuds, time to dig in! Wish me luck!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430359051.707090.jpg

If this turns out well, I might have to submit for 501st approval! Oh, and before anyone points out the obvious about why I shouldn't be Phasma, I'm 6'3" so at least I'm the correct height!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back