Captain Phasma - Episode VII

Are there any guys here who have been feverishly working on this outfit just halt in defeat when it was revealed a female character? This looks like such an awesome costume and envy the ladies that will be donning this sweet suit. I guess if you don't know under the helmet no one will know right? :)

If someone won't wear a full armored costume because the gender of the character is different than your own, then I think they might have some more underlying issues. I've seen more guys cosplay Samus than women. I hope any guys who are fans of this character, or at least fans of the costume, won't be put off by being "mistaken for a woman".

Personally I love building armored costumes. I think Gwen is an awesome person, and I *love* that this armor is not sexualized in any way.

Are there any guys here who have been feverishly working on this outfit just halt in defeat when it was revealed a female character? This looks like such an awesome costume and envy the ladies that will be donning this sweet suit. I guess if you don't know under the helmet no one will know right? :)

I'm a 20 year old guy and I still have every intention of building this costume :p
I mean, another new BA Star Wars costume that I'm the right height for? No way I'm passing that up because of something you cant really tell when the full armor is on!

I'm a 20 year old guy and I still have every intention of building this costume :p
I mean, another new BA Star Wars costume that I'm the right height for? No way I'm passing that up because of something you cant really tell when the full armor is on!

Word! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's costume builds for this as the release draws closer. I LOVE this costume design!

I think Gwen is an awesome person, and I *love* that this armor is not sexualized in any way.

Agreed, I am pleasantly surprised by how unisex it is. It's a great design and I love that the sloping flare of the lower edges of the helmet mimics a medieval helmet, which when combined with the metallic armor just screams knighthood (just like Kylo Ren), to contrast the Jedis more eastern roots. Very cool.

Well I haven't seen many chrome plated Marines wandering around Afghanistan was my main thought. It's a tad bit visible.

That's true. However, chrome plated armor reflects the same light and colors as its surroundings, making it blend in more effectively than stark white armor.

3a312585c3e34e6e9c25aae9679a6469.jpg

DID SOMEONE SAY STARK?

I'm wondering if this is a one off suit for this character or more of a special officer's armor? If it's a one off it doesn't make sense for the Empire. They specifically suit all their Stormtroopers without markings so they all look alike. I'm guessing Phasma is an officer or part of a special unit (inquisitor, special forces, intel, etc.).

Yeah, I've wondered about this too. Before, the only real way to tell "elite" stormtroopers apart were their pauldrons. One thing I'm learning is that this likely isn't the Empire we're used to so perhaps things are done differently.

And gloss white isn't?

The US Military has actually experimented with mirrored armor as it breaks up the outline of the wearer, making for a harder target at distance.

Well I didn't say gloss white was any better...:lol

Are people actually saying that chrome armour is a good idea, or are they just annoyed that someone pointed out that it's not?

Best chrome armor ever...

1492268-armorsilver.jpg

I mean come on. Every piece of it is a freakin' ninja weapon, held on by a magnetic undersuit... and I do mean every piece. No hating on chrome armor... or Armor will hunt you down. ;)

Last edited:
I get the impression she is not going to be a rank-and-file Trooper. Maybe a mercenary or a fanatic, but not someone who climbed up the ladder.

I doubt she will be a Sith. I don't think the "rule of two" is in play anymore. Remember, the game has changed.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back