Captain America: TFA...the Taxi

jax

With a bit of luck and a lot of effort on the part of the team at PIH I no longer have to regret passing on a Prop!

It just arrive this week.

CATaxi.jpg

Pretty cool when you can screen match an item.
CATaxiWindow.jpg

CATaxiWindowathome.jpg

The taxi came with a new front and rear window. I'm hoping to swap them out this weekend. The ones with bullet holes will be framed and displayed seperatly.

After washing the car I found that the car has been studio distressed...sprayed with paint on the wheels and lower parts of the body panels to give it the appearance of dirt. I was shocked at how nice the car is... Not at all what I expected from a studio car. NO RUST!

Sadly the Taxi sign was sold seperatly :cry...If anyone here bought it...I would love to buy it and put it back on the car.

Last edited:
Do you happen to recall what they sold for?

Mine in not supercharged but does have a Chevy V8 and 700R4 trans.

New glass has been installed! It was so easy I'm guessing it's been in and out before. The bullet holes in the glass may have been made off the car and then the glass installed.

I'm planning on framing the bullet hole glass today.

£5000 for the one I was underbidder on and the second went a little higher. I think both were bought for the 'car' rather than the film association.

I have pictures, been meaning to post them to the propmasters facebook page for sometime. If time perrmits, will do see this week.

- David

Propmasters | Facebook

That is really awesome. Congrats. W/a V8 in there. That is still really nice. What do you plan to do w/the car? Garage display it?

Hope you can easily find the sign.

A week later and it's registared and on the road... What a fun car..and..everyone says...I've seen this car somewhere before. :) Took it to the local Comic Book store and they loved it!

I bought an extra passenger door. Painted it Yellow today and will be adding the Lucky Star logo next week... My replica Taxi Door Shield.

Does anyone have any good pix of the Taxi Door shield? Need to replicate the damage.

I love the fact that you are driving this thing. Good for you :thumbsup

You've got a sweet, sweet ride, with an incredible history.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back