captain america shield (steel)

RobertDowney Jr

hi everyone !
I wanna build captain america's shield out of steel to make it the most real as possible ( unfortunately i don't have vibranium... ). Hence I need your help ! how can I round the steel (without power hammer or whatever ) ? 'Cause I wanna have the exact shape of the shield we can see in the movies ! thanks everyone !!

hi everyone !
I wanna build captain america's shield out of steel to make it the most real as possible ( unfortunately i don't have vibranium... ). Hence I need your help ! how can I round the steel (without power hammer or whatever ) ? 'Cause I wanna have the exact shape of the shield we can see in the movies ! thanks everyone !!

A Steel shield this size would cost a lot and be ultra heavy. Unless it's made in a foundry and poured into a shield mold it would be incredibly difficult to make with how hard steel is. But it's not impossible. You get thin enough steel sheeting, you'll still need a rounder and to pound it out.

This is why most people will make them from Aluminium. I doubt any of the props in the film were ever made out of steel either.

If you give a quick search in the forum, there are a few people that have made them from a 'snow saucer'. Im in the UK so havent seen any here.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back