Interest Cap shield replica

Every shield I measure in Photoshop, from the original prop to the Masterworks edition, the center circle is 9.5".

Not sure why it looks bigger in my photo...

Every shield I measure in Photoshop, from the original prop to the Masterworks edition, the center circle is 9.5".

Not sure why it looks bigger in my photo...

Maybe it’s due to distortion of the camera lens. If you get real close with a wide angle lens it can get really bad.

Interested as well! All the shields I've seen (except for the masterworks) have the star sticking out. Been waiting for a shield to be carved out of the metal (i.e. sitting flush with the shield) for ages!

Ok, so I measured the center circle of my shield photo in Photoshop this time and it shows that it's 10.25", when measured by hand it is 9.5".

The Masterworks' center circle in Photoshop is about 9.7". So, given the difference in my shield to my shield photo, the Masterworks center circle is probably around 9"....

So, photos of the shields are definitely not the best things to take measurements from...

The curve of the shield definitely messes with the depth of the focus of the camera or something...

We'll definitely need measurements off the original prop or a Masterworks shield, not photos, to make this more accurate.

IMG_1960.jpg
IMG_1961.jpg

Screenshots from one of the videos on youtube.
I have a Chris Fields shield that's a little over 25" and always felt it was a tad big. Based on how this looks in the videos, the 24" size is my vote.
Also note the seamless thickness of the edge. This is another critical detail that I'd like to see hammered out.
Regarding the backside, the grooves are also specific; the 2nd circle from the center has a wider gap. Also note the rivet indentations running along the brackets.
Screenshot_20190628-114816_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20190628-114718_YouTube.jpg

Regarding the wider groove in the back (carried over from the hero prop these castings were made from) I wouldn’t mind if we didn’t replicate that and went with a more idealized back with consistent groove widths like Chris Fields and Relicmaker have done in the past.

I’d love to be interested! I hate to be the guy, but how much would the blank shield and brackets kit run? Would happily be willing to put down an NRD .

Additionally, I understand the size accuracy discussion. But I’m a big boy, so the bigger the better IMO. Haha

Regarding the wider groove in the back (carried over from the hero prop these castings were made from) I wouldn’t mind if we didn’t replicate that and went with a more idealized back with consistent groove widths like Chris Fields and Relicmaker have done in the past.
I'll disagree with you on this one. If it's not much more trouble to include that subtle design I think it should be included. The goal is to recreate it as exact as possible.

Ok, so I measured the center circle of my shield photo in Photoshop this time and it shows that it's 10.25", when measured by hand it is 9.5".

The Masterworks' center circle in Photoshop is about 9.7". So, given the difference in my shield to my shield photo, the Masterworks center circle is probably around 9"....

So, photos of the shields are definitely not the best things to take measurements from...

The curve of the shield definitely messes with the depth of the focus of the camera or something...

We'll definitely need measurements off the original prop or a Masterworks shield, not photos, to make this more accurate.

Which I’d exactly what I said. Relic makers star is about half an inch too big.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back