Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

the logo on the left lens is a sticker!
Well that's much better than me having to remove the logo with a hammer and chisel!! (I removed a logo on some Prada demo lenses once with polish and it took forever!!).
Thanks for the info!! (y)

Well that's much better than me having to remove the logo with a hammer and chisel!! (I removed a logo on some Prada demo lenses once with polish and it took forever!!).
Thanks for the info!! (y)
Did you try using acetone? Typically logos printed on the lenses come right off. Just be careful you don't get it on the plastic frames. It might dull them. I would spot test on the lens too just to be safe.

Did you try using acetone? Typically logos printed on the lenses come right off. Just be careful you don't get it on the plastic frames. It might dull them. I would spot test on the lens too just to be safe.
I seem to remember starting on an old scrap "logo'd" test lens, first with WD-40, which didn't work, then acetone (Wife's nail polish remover) which I think either showed signs it was beginning to melt it or went cloudy - This might just be dependant on the type of plastic though, or maybe the acetone was of higher strength. Either way, I'm not 100% on this though, as it was a while ago.
In the end, I used a small amount of Autoglym polish with a soft cloth and it eventually took off the red Prada logo without scratching or clouding the lens.
(I found it again on p.108).

Cheers for the kind suggestion though, much appreciated.(y) I'll certainly give it another go at some point.

Acetone is in my DIY/crafts arsenal and worked in removing the black from my 2430s.

Nice comparisons! I do think it was the limited edition (often the case, no?) And I found one pair in sunny England, now soaring their way through the sky.
Soooo.... they sent me a box labeled "kaki green" with moss green hand written on it and an opaque light green pair in. Color c72-dk. Hummph.

Attachments

• 20220630_184207.jpg
    20220630_184207.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 68
I may really have to sell my olive tort Cortlands to refill my bank account but... oak Cortlands incoming! Just could not let that slip by me.

My Paul Smith artist stripe cardigan arrived yesterday. It is very cool, looks great on and is extremely stylish.

RDJ is obviously not wearing eyewear on the images so for the first wearing in a few weeks time I'll match it with the Giorgio Armani Garconne with yellow lenses. There's a yellow stripe in the detail on the cardigan so that will work well.

My Garconne are actually a very dark blue frame but that's cool as the outfit will be completed with dark blue cargo/combat pants (and matt gold SK8 Hi vans)

I love the way over the last couple of years this attention to detail has evolved by looking at the images shared on here of RDJ.
The interesting thing is when you do put an outfit together that has subtle elements which compliment (often based around the eyewear) people, starting with my wife do notice, which is really cool.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220628-210225_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220628-210225_Samsung Internet.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20220628-210211_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220628-210211_Samsung Internet.jpg
    753.9 KB · Views: 58
Newest Polaroids arrived, I took a shot and let Smartbuyglasses color match the stock lens with a reading lens prescription for me and it came out all right!

Attachments

• 20220706_185333.jpg
    20220706_185333.jpg
    657.8 KB · Views: 50
Feelin pretty ashamed… left my IM2 VZ Fultons in an arcade after one too many drinks a few weeks ago… some kid out there is rockin my shades. My coworker talked me into playing some Dance Dance Revolution and they got set down on the machine pretty damn bummed out

Feelin pretty ashamed… left my IM2 VZ Fultons in an arcade after one too many drinks a few weeks ago… some kid out there is rockin my shades. My coworker talked me into playing some Dance Dance Revolution and they got set down on the machine pretty damn bummed out
Man that sucks!! :(
Alcohol and rare shades aren't the best combo.
I feel for you bro, I really do.

The person who has them probably doesn't even realize what they are!

Does the arcade not have CCTV??

Could be the Oakley frogskins lite again, this image is apparently from 2016 so if they are the frogskins he's had them for years

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220707-062746_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220707-062746_Samsung Internet.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
That is sickening!

Man that sucks!! :(
Alcohol and rare shades aren't the best combo.
I feel for you bro, I really do.

The person who has them probably doesn't even realize what they are!

Does the arcade not have CCTV??
It was a tiny arcade inside our local mall, unstaffed room with some crappy machines… I’m sure it has CCTV but security wasn’t willing to look into it for me. I was there until it closed that night and in the morning when I realized what had happened I called the lost and found and drove to the mall right away but they were gone:/ they took my name and number in case they show up… yeah right lol. Oh well, lesson learned! Still pretty damn bummed, IM2 came on tv the other day and I had to turn it off lol. It’s still a sore subject haha

Pretty unreasonable of them not to be willing to look at CCTV when a possible theft of a customer's personal belongings has occurred on their premises.

I suppose it's a catch-22 situation, they might just think it's "just a pair of sunglasses" and not worth the investigative hassle, but in telling the staff that they are rare and expensive would probably only decrease your chances of getting them back.

There's probably a cleaner out there with some very nice shades.

Wise to steer clear of IM2 for a while dude. You might wanna steer clear of donuts for a bit too.:oops:

Last edited:
Oh man, just realized what your avatar is!! That can't be good. o_O
Haha exactly man I was actually just modeling and getting ready to 3D print a giant Donut for my MK IV figure and my glasses… that lil project is goin in the dump for now and yeah, I bet you’re right about that cleaner lol. I keep checking Craigslist and FB marketplace with my fingers crossed…

Could be the Oakley frogskins lite again, this image is apparently from 2016 so if they are the frogskins he's had them for years
Well spotted man, nice ID'ing!! (y)

Yeah, they do look like them...
20220707_084447.jpg

Looks like the light is catching that 3D Oakley arm logo...
20220707_084433.jpg

Maybe he rotates his eyewear in 6 year cycles :D

I left my ruby Oakley Juliets in a rental car years ago, realized I did about 2 weeks later and they turned up!!! Hold onto hope, my friend.

Wow, my condolences man, that is a tough loss. All I can do for you is this... I just saw a pair for sale online. $400 though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back