Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

My Caddis Eye Appliances Mister Cartoon arrived today...:p

20220427_142417.jpg 20220427_142443.jpg 20220427_142302.jpg
20220427_141714.jpg
20220427_141806.jpg
20220427_142200.jpg

A nice sturdy pair of quality frames.
The anti-blue light HEV coating is really quite striking when the light catches the lenses.

20220427_131853.jpg 20220427_131949.jpg 20220427_131823.jpg

The striking anti-blue light coating gave me a crazy idea!! o_O

When the light catches these type of lenses just right, they really do almost appear to "light up" blue...
20220427_160537.jpg
It reminds me a lot of...
20220427_145705.jpg
I believe the blue "effect" was done with CGI in post-production.

I have 3 pairs of Dita Flight 006, so I don't get to wear my Magnoli replica frames much. I thought I'd try them with some custom anti-blue light reading lenses. Similar to the Mister Cartoon lenses, they appear clear, then with just the right light source reflection, "light up" blue...
20220427_144351.jpg 20220427_145641.jpg 20220427_152436.jpg 20220427_152539.jpg

It's really hard to capture how blue these can actually manage to get, (I should have went outside to photograph them with an uninterrupted "full" light reflection from a clear sky), but so far, I'm impressed with the outcome. The stark contrast transition between clear and then blue is really neat.

IMO, a worthwhile little mod to give the frame a bit of that E.D.I.T.H effect, without the use of LED's and unsightly wires etc!!

So much so, I think I'll have to make a set of custom anti-blue light lenses for one of my pairs of Dita's.

Now E.D.I.T.H can assist you when reading that really small print!! :cool:

Last edited:
A company in the UK called Lensology.

They do all my tints.

I actually got all the spec from your good self, sent them and the usual images over to my contact at Lensology, Hugh, and he did the rest.

They are excellent. When they did the Johnsons I wasn't happy with them so Hugh re-did them at no charge.
Do they do international jobs?

I am curious what they charge... looking at getting tints now that I have a good library of frames. Also in US myself.
It really depends on what you want, ie Anti reflective coating, anti scratch - there's lots of options.

My lenses are usually about £50 which is very reasonable but the key for me is the customer service. Obviously I've sent many sets of frames to them these last couple of years and in working with Hugh each time have developed an excellent relationship whereby Hugh really "knows" what I want, and how keen I'm going to be, that's where the customer service is brilliant, they really take pride in their work.

It really depends on what you want, ie Anti reflective coating, anti scratch - there's lots of options.

My lenses are usually about £50 which is very reasonable but the key for me is the customer service. Obviously I've sent many sets of frames to them these last couple of years and in working with Hugh each time have developed an excellent relationship whereby Hugh really "knows" what I want, and how keen I'm going to be, that's where the customer service is brilliant, they really take pride in their work.
That is is a quite attractive price for a plain sunglass lens compared to my local shop which gives good albeit expensive service but charges just as much for nonprescription as prescription lenses. They quoted me $180 for tint plus AR.

That is is a quite attractive price for a plain sunglass lens compared to my local shop which gives good albeit expensive service but charges just as much for nonprescription as prescription lenses. They quoted me $180 for tint plus AR.
Obviously I can't speak about delivery costs etc but yeah, Lensology does appear to be very competitive.

You can take the quality of service from me, it's second to none.

View attachment 1569866
I just got my Dior 137s back yesterday. I was very happy with the result

I thought I'd share some of the recent or not so recent pick ups alongside the Dior :)
I use lensology too, didn’t realise they could make the lenses for the limo silhouette scene though…might get in contact with them! How accurate would you say they were? Obviously they darken on the face, but they look like really bright blue on the pic, opposed to the kinda turquoise from the film! Did you use deckards printout from a while back to get them created?

I use lensology too, didn’t realise they could make the lenses for the limo silhouette scene though…might get in contact with them! How accurate would you say they were? Obviously they darken on the face, but they look like really bright blue on the pic, opposed to the kinda turquoise from the film! Did you use deckards printout from a while back to get them created?
I think it was deckards specs, although Gotmeth shared the actual lens shape.

Honestly, I think it's close to impossible to get the "correct" shade.

If you and I were to watch Homecoming off the same dvd on our respective TVs it would most likely be different based on our personal settings.

I've taken photos in different lighting wearing my Silhouette and the actual colouring of the tint varies massively.

That said, I'm 100% happy with them, I think they're pretty close based on the info I gave Hugh and the Lensology team

I think it was deckards specs, although Gotmeth shared the actual lens shape.

Honestly, I think it's close to impossible to get the "correct" shade.

If you and I were to watch Homecoming off the same dvd on our respective TVs it would most likely be different based on our personal settings.

I've taken photos in different lighting wearing my Silhouette and the actual colouring of the tint varies massively.

That said, I'm 100% happy with them, I think they're pretty close based on the info I gave Hugh and the Lensology team
Yea that’s true, might get in contact with them soon, were they still £50 like the others considering they had to be created from scratch and drill mounted etc? Wonder if they could make the lenses a little bigger too…the larger frames suit me better so will ask if hey could do that

For those, this scene will be helpful. Since that scene was shot with the green sheet in the background, the green element is reflected in the lens. The non-synthesized footage from this studio looks dark blue.

Attachments

• 5D51951C-1638-4195-9DD1-CADEF12E6314.png
    5D51951C-1638-4195-9DD1-CADEF12E6314.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 67
Yea that’s true, might get in contact with them soon, were they still £50 like the others considering they had to be created from scratch and drill mounted etc? Wonder if they could make the lenses a little bigger too…the larger frames suit me better so will ask if hey could do that
I think they were a bit more expensive, but not much. That was based on the lenses being slightly thicker to allow drilling.
I'm pretty sure they could produce them to size you specify.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back