Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

man, I could be interested but you don't ship to Italy! plus, what you say about the size in the description makes me worry a bit, maybe they'd be too small for me too. they are in black anyway, right?
Well I can give my opinion on the ease of removing the paint and the size as I have 55s but I'm not the seller, so nothing I can do about the shipping. He probably doesn't want to talk up his own auction here on account of forum rules.

I have a pretty normal size head and the size seems fine to me... I would get 58s if I found them because of accuracy, not because of any problem. The paint or enamel removed pretty easily with steel wool, the softest grade called "0000" in the Anglophone sphere, I use it (with a generous amount of oil) on delicate steel finishes like blued gunmetal to remove rust. If feeling paranoid, one could even go a step softer and use bronze wool instead. I have used that on nitre-blued steel, which is pretty much the most delicate finish around.

I think one forum member said he softened the paint in solvent an then scraped it off?

Well I can give my opinion on the ease of removing the paint and the size as I have 55s but I'm not the seller, so nothing I can do about the shipping. He probably doesn't want to talk up his own auction here on account of forum rules.

I have a pretty normal size head and the size seems fine to me... I would get 58s if I found them because of accuracy, not because of any problem. The paint or enamel removed pretty easily with steel wool, the softest grade called "0000" in the Anglophone sphere, I use it (with a generous amount of oil) on delicate steel finishes like blued gunmetal to remove rust. If feeling paranoid, one could even go a step softer and use bronze wool instead. I have used that on nitre-blued steel, which is pretty much the most delicate finish around.

I think one forum member said he softened the paint in solvent an then scraped it off?

oh sorry!! I thought it was you because of your reply to ken! thanks also for your advices about the paint.

about the size, I know that we have talked about this a lot, and that tanya from propspecs sent the actual lenses to some of the forum members, so I'm not saying he's not wearing 58, it's just that it looks so strange to me since we all know how tiny his head is and the way bigger frames tend to look on rdj's face.

I agree the movie frame doesn't look overlarge on RDJ, but the 55 does not feel small to me. If the question of how the size will look on you is what is troubling you, when I get home I can easily take a picture of the 55s on me and one with another frame that we both own for reference, maybe we have one not too different in overall size that will help you judge. I think I have about 3 dozen options! I can PM you later, the work day has just started here.

I agree the movie frame doesn't look overlarge on RDJ, but the 55 does not feel small to me. If the question of how the size will look on you is what is troubling you, when I get home I can easily take a picture of the 55s on me and one with another frame that we both own for reference, maybe we have one not too different in overall size that will help you judge. I think I have about 3 dozen options! I can PM you later, the work day has just started here.

thanks! no hurry, really it was just a curiosity.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211028-184838_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028-184838_Gallery.jpg
    667.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20211028-184838_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028-184838_Gallery.jpg
    667.6 KB · Views: 70
Naihanchi, I'm not 100% sure right now, but I think that they may be Christian Dior 0069/S 0AWN(29) (rhodium silver frame with stock gradient grey lenses)...
20210513_153044.png

20210624_072014.png 20211028_224831.png 20210514_093530.png 20211028_231022.png

Maybe just as a placeholder, there's also a quite similar looking (in terms of just the nose bridge detail) super budget cheap version that I've found too, made by "Eyelevel" model: "Officer" (on ebay and Amazon)...
20211028_224704.png

Naihanchi, I'm not 100% sure right now, but I think that they may be Christian Dior 0069/S 0AWN(29) (rhodium silver frame with stock gradient grey lenses)...
View attachment 1507396
View attachment 1507397 View attachment 1507400 View attachment 1507401 View attachment 1507404

Maybe just as a placeholder, there's also a quite similar looking (in terms of just the nose bridge detail) super budget cheap version that I've found too, made by "Eyelevel" model: "Officer" (on ebay and Amazon)...
View attachment 1507399
Great find UV. They look very close. I was searching through Police and Moschino frames but didn't find anything close.

As usual the Diors are not readily available at first search!

In other news I finally got around to picking up some Endgame Johnsons yesterday :) I have the black frame with blue lens version already but I'm real happy to finally pick up the "correct" version as I really like the style.

Hi Guys, does anyone have a picture of the lenses that Tanya created for the black all-ins, Johnson’s and the persols? I messaged but haven’t heard back, so was thinking of getting them made by a company local to me…would be easier if I had a pic of them all though so they can see what I want. Thanks

Hi Guys, does anyone have a picture of the lenses that Tanya created for the black all-ins, Johnson’s and the persols? I messaged but haven’t heard back, so was thinking of getting them made by a company local to me…would be easier if I had a pic of them all though so they can see what I want. Thanks
Go to post 4030, a member got some some Persol lenses from Tanya and took good pictures!

Out of interest how close is the stock Tom Ford lens to Tanya's on the Johnsons? They look quite similar on images

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211028-223546_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028-223546_eBay.jpg
    962.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20211030-154445_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-154445_Samsung Internet.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 51
Out of interest how close is the stock Tom Ford lens to Tanya's on the Johnsons? They look quite similar on images
The stock brown lenses from the 53F frame will be a lot darker brown in color than Tanya's screen accurate lenses that were used in the 52N frame.
IMO, the 53F lenses are a more dark brown/grey...
20211101_132905.png
Above...53F frame with stock brown lenses (top), 52N frame (middle) with my own first attempt brown custom lenses and the stock green 52N lenses (bottom).

Side by side, 52N first customs and 53F stock lenses...
20211101_132842.png
First customs...
20211101_132809.png
I first put the 53F lenses in the 52N frame before trying the first set of customs of my own. I found that both were far too dark and the eyes weren't visible in the top part of the gradient.

I've since made even lighter custom gradients so that the eyes are more visible in the top of the gradient...
20211101_134234.jpg

I thought some better quality screencaps might be of some assistance in illustrating just how light Tanya's screen accurate gradient brown lenses must actually be (in particular how visible the eyes are in that upper part of the gradient) if you ever need to go down the route of matching the lenses up yourself...
20210124_233555.png 20210124_233517.png 20211101_135055.png

Hope this helps!! :D

Last edited:
The stock brown lenses from the 53F frame will be a lot darker brown in color than Tanya's screen accurate lenses that were used in the 52N frame.
IMO, the 53F lenses are a more dark brown/grey...
View attachment 1508320
Above...53F frame with stock brown lenses (top), 52N frame (middle) with my own first attempt brown custom lenses and the stock green 52N lenses (bottom).

Side by side, 52N first customs and 53F stock lenses...
View attachment 1508321
First customs...
View attachment 1508326
I first put the 53F lenses in the 52N frame before trying the first set of customs of my own. I found that both were far too dark and the eyes weren't visible in the top part of the gradient.

I've since made even lighter custom gradients so that the eyes are more visible in the top of the gradient...
View attachment 1508322

I thought some better quality screencaps might be of some assistance in illustrating just how light Tanya's screen accurate gradient brown lenses must actually be (in particular how visible the eyes are in that upper part of the gradient) if you ever need to go down the route of matching the lenses up yourself...
View attachment 1508327 View attachment 1508328 View attachment 1508329

Hope this helps!! :D
That is a massive help! Thanks.

It would seem I'm sending them off for customisation once they arrive

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back