Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

Finally decided to press buy on the Isba in Rose.
I originally bought the white framed edition but they just didn't look right, which is quite unusual for me. I've put it down to the white frames. I wore them around the house but realised I was never gonna wear them outdoors.
My daughter tried them on and the white instantly looked great, so now she's got a nice pair of Oliver Peoples :)

Fingers crossed the clear Rose looks good!
Screenshot_20210609-195048_eBay.jpg

It's bizarre, I can't see them on either ebay.com or ebay.uk
I have noticed that the ebay app on my phone omits many results that appear on my web browser results, so much so that I simply stopped using it for searches at all. I found when this happened even when I looked at the auction in a browser and typed in the exact title the app would still be unable to find it.

Loosely RDJ related:
Went to Disneyworld on a whim and popped into Edward Beiner to see what they had and they had a whole display of JMM!! Being a passholder I get 20% off so naturally I HAD to pick up another pair of Ascari, this time in Vader (matte black). I love these, maybe more than my Crystal ones.

Attachments

• 20210611_153433.jpg
    20210611_153433.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20210610_184657_456.jpg
    IMG_20210610_184657_456.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 92
I know this isn’t exactly eyewear related, but I know you guys buy a lot of glasses online and eBay etc so maybe someone could help!!! So I said a while ago I bought the Dior blackties from America and told you guys that when they came they didn’t really fit! So I sent them back on the 11th may paying $60, and now on the 11th June they still haven’t arrived due to customs and issues etc! Fair enough, can’t be helped, but now the seller is refusing refund stating it hasn’t been returned in time, even though they can see from the tracking number I sent them that I sent them back well in time!! What would you guys do?? Maybe one of you has had a similar situation with your glasses! Thanks

I know this isn’t exactly eyewear related, but I know you guys buy a lot of glasses online and eBay etc so maybe someone could help!!! So I said a while ago I bought the Dior blackties from America and told you guys that when they came they didn’t really fit! So I sent them back on the 11th may paying $60, and now on the 11th June they still haven’t arrived due to customs and issues etc! Fair enough, can’t be helped, but now the seller is refusing refund stating it hasn’t been returned in time, even though they can see from the tracking number I sent them that I sent them back well in time!! What would you guys do?? Maybe one of you has had a similar situation with your glasses! Thanks
If you bought them on ebay, I would assume that you may have used Paypal.

If this is the case, I would contact Paypal first (they are always really helpful) and explain the situation.

Under Paypal's policy you are entitled to a refund up to 180 days(y), despite what the seller may like you to think.
It would be interesting to know what timescale the seller is quoting!!

I would scan your shipping receipt and have it ready in case you need to email it to Paypal. Paypal should contact the seller and straighten this out for you.

In the past, even without "scanning" a shipping receipt, Paypal have processed a refund for me with just the return tracking number over the phone, even before the returned item arrived back with the seller. My "proof of postage" was all they needed.

Any shipping delays with customs/Covid etc. are out of your control and this should be understood by the seller.

Maybe the seller is trying to pull a fast one, in keeping your money and keeping the glasses, knowing full well that they have been shipped and will eventually receive them at some point.

You could also call ebay too, but I find they are more focused on the item/transaction and seller/buyer history etc. where Paypal is committed to looking after just your money and payment.

If you bought them with a credit card, contact your card issuer as your payment is covered under section 75 if there is a problem.

Hope this helps and that you get your refund. :D

If you bought them on ebay, I would assume that you may have used Paypal.

If this is the case, I would contact Paypal first (they are always really helpful) and explain the situation.

Under Paypal's policy you are entitled to a refund up to 180 days(y), despite what the seller may like you to think.
It would be interesting to know what timescale the seller is quoting!!

I would scan your shipping receipt and have it ready in case you need to email it to Paypal. Paypal should contact the seller and straighten this out for you.

In the past, even without "scanning" a shipping receipt, Paypal have processed a refund for me with just the return tracking number over the phone, even before the returned item arrived back with the seller. My "proof of postage" was all they needed.

Any shipping delays with customs/Covid etc. are out of your control and this should be understood by the seller.

Maybe the seller is trying to pull a fast one, in keeping your money and keeping the glasses, knowing full well that they have been shipped and will eventually receive them at some point.

You could also call ebay too, but I find they are more focused on the item/transaction and seller/buyer history etc. where Paypal is committed to looking after just your money and payment.

If you bought them with a credit card, contact your card issuer as your payment is covered under section 75 if there is a problem.

Hope this helps and that you get your refund. :D
Yea great thanks! I’ve messaged the company that sold them to me, will get on to PayPal too I think! Surely if they refuse a refund now and I’ve shipped them back, they’ll have to return the glasses to me??

Yea great thanks! I’ve messaged the company that sold them to me, will get on to PayPal too I think! Surely if they refuse a refund now and I’ve shipped them back, they’ll have to return the glasses to me??
They can't have both the payment and the returned item, the universe would implode!!

Haha I think you were right originally though buddy, I’m guessing that’s what they’re trying to do, not give the refund and keep the glasses when they turn up!! I messaged them to resolve and no reply…So cheeky!! I’ll have to message and say that look if they’re not gona refund then they’ll have to send back the glasses at least, want one or the other…if it’s glasses I’ll just sell them myself

Just ordered another pair (black + silver this time).
Even common sense was on my side (for a change) with an eyewear purchase!!

An unbelievable price for $359 British Steel's.

Thanks again for the heads-up on this epic deal which just keeps getting sweeter!!! :D

Thanks again for the heads-up on this epic deal which just keeps getting sweeter!!! :D

me too... black with light red gradient lenses. thanks builtinacave !

And I've just ordered mine in Black & silver.

As you say, the price for $359 glasses is just too good to pass up (plus they look freakin awesome!!)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back