Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

Hi everyone.

So I'm trying to get some Black Bernardos. Does anyone have any ideas where I might locate some at a good price. I'm not bothered about matte or gloss black, and pre owned would be ok if I can get a real good deal and the condition is very good.

Any help would be really appreciated

I am convinced these are the New Wayfarer in red and black and but can someone verify?

Was there any clear video of him turning to the side or anything?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210225-145746_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210225-145746_Chrome.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 77
  • SmartSelect_20210225-145518_Instagram.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210225-145518_Instagram.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 72
Has anyone watched the deleted scene where Tony shaves rocket? There's a pair of glasses on him that I don't think were featured in the film but I can't tell.

Got a crazy deal on some (frame only) Matsuda M3023 dark blue 57's...o_O
20210211_143029.png 20210211_143126.png 20210211_143154.png
...Arrived today and after a thorough and meticulous "UV400" service, turned out to be in really excellent "as new" condition.

Considering possible lens options at the moment - with completion pictures to eventually follow :D

Just when it seems you are destined to have to "bite the bullet" and pay full price for certain frames and can't seem to find a bargain!!
The deals are always out there!! - Perseverance and dedication will always (eventually) be rewarded!!:D

Last edited:
View attachment 1430970 View attachment 1430971 View attachment 1430972
...Arrived today and after a thorough and meticulous "UV400" service, turned out to be in really excellent "as new" condition.

Considering possible lens options at the moment - with completion pictures to evenrually follow :D

Just when it seems you are destined to have to "bite the bullet" and pay full price for certain frames and can't seem to find a bargain!!
The deals are always out there!! - Perseverance and dedication will always (eventually) be rewarded!!:D
That is awesome!!

Can I ask, where do you guys find (eventually) these amazing deals?

I posted the other day that I was looking for Black Bernados. The kind of deal you've achieved there is exactly what I'm thinking about - 45-50$, approx £50-£60.

The best I've found so far is £145 from the US, but then there's £11 delivery plus £50 taxes to the UK. Add on the custom lenses and it finishes up as no bargain at all

That is awesome!!

Can I ask, where do you guys find (eventually) these amazing deals?

I posted the other day that I was looking for Black Bernados. The kind of deal you've achieved there is exactly what I'm thinking about - 45-50$, approx £50-£60.

The best I've found so far is £145 from the US, but then there's £11 delivery plus £50 taxes to the UK. Add on the custom lenses and it finishes up as no bargain at all
A lot of the deals "right place right time" or come from a listing that's incorrect or vague. Example is 2480s instead of 2430s or vague listing as "Oliver peoples black sunglasses."

Most of mine were just right place right time. You gotta be fast and diligent. You're competing with a lot of us out there!

A lot of the deals "right place right time" or come from a listing that's incorrect or vague. Example is 2480s instead of 2430s or vague listing as "Oliver peoples black sunglasses."

Most of mine were just right place right time. You gotta be fast and diligent. You're competing with a lot of us out there!
Ha!

There is that.

If I was searching for the Endgame Dior or Persol I guess that would be very true, and expected. I was surprised to see a shortage of black Bernado though.

I think my problem is how and where I search

View attachment 1430970 View attachment 1430971 View attachment 1430972

Considering possible lens options at the moment - with completion pictures to evenrually follow :D

that’s great!! I have those in 57 too and I have to say though they look a bit darker than the 52 version I like that shade of blue way more, so that’s not a problem for me

Does anyone have reccomendation for lens colors for the WP Eaton?

I have 3. Would love to see your ideas.

And if possible leave the color in terms of hex codes. :D

Hey guys! it appears that a lot of us are still looking for various pairs we need for our collection. For instance, I need the Paul Smith Shawford.

To that end, I have acquired several duplicate pair that I was going to try to use as trade material For the pair/pairs that I needed.

However, I have decided that I’m just going to sell the duplicate pairs that I have as I’ve been lucky enough to find most of the pairs that I need at this point.

As everyone I’ve dealt with on this forum have been fantastic, I want to say thank you so I’m going to offer you guys the frames first if any of you are interested. I’m not looking to make anything in addition to what I’ve paid (just recoup my expense) and hopefully you will keep me in mind for pairs that I might need. If not I will list them at the higher price point on popular auction sites starting in April.

The available pairs:

Oliver Peoples Bernardo in Storm Grey
Von Zipper Fulton red/black check (version 2)
Robert Marc 719 (gold frames)
Oliver Peoples Copter in gunmetal

As I don’t wish to potentially run afoul of any policies, I won’t list prices, but if you are interested, please send me PM and I will respond.

All the best!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back