Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

Just a couple of shots (older pics, but I’d not seen before) of RDJ wearing the IE Superunknowns.

Attachments

• 3B26962A-DD2F-4EB0-BBFB-F9338656B2BA.jpeg
    3B26962A-DD2F-4EB0-BBFB-F9338656B2BA.jpeg
    493.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 88D16053-A5E8-42E8-9BBB-275B2BC52D01.jpeg
    88D16053-A5E8-42E8-9BBB-275B2BC52D01.jpeg
    524.8 KB · Views: 88
Those look like the curved in older models I have!

I personally prefer this style to the newer ones but thats just personal taste.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210110-164309_Instagram.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210110-164309_Instagram.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 62
Hi everyone.
I've managed to get the Cortland's which Ken flagged up the other day. Happy days!!
Does anyone have some good quality images of the Cortland lens colour from Civil War which I could use as a sample for my optometrist?

Anyone know when the Hardaways are coming back? I do want that pair for my Stan Lee collection.
I don't believe they are. Jason sourced a pair for me in 2019 from most likely one of the peeps here. They were in mint condition and screen accurate.

Having said that, the Australian agent for Intium had two pairs on hand in Queensland. I'll reach out to David and see if he still has them and shoot you a DM.

Does anyone know if the new owner has officially taken over Initium? One of my last conversations with Jason, he mentioned how another eyewear company was buying Initium and the new owner was going to take it over back in November. I don’t remember the name of the company who bought them out before Jason passed, and everything on their website still has all the old info and the old PO box address as the official location.
In a post from Jason's sister not long after he passed, she said Initium was staying within the family. And going by the Instagram posts from before the end of the year, Jason's brother is or was running things.

Jason was heavily and involved in his work and I'm sure he had a blast visiting movie sets.

I'm just really hoping we get someone on the team who carries the same energy who gives us the inside scoop on things while promoting customer loyalty.

I got several frames given that one warehouse sale promoted in my dms. Loved that. :)

Last edited:
Do you want to play a game....??? (Sorry I watched Saw). Post a pic of your grail pair. It doesn't matter if it's RDJ/TS/MCU or not. Let's see the pair or pairs you're most proud of or that took you the longest to find.
Been holding out replying to this as I’ve been hot on the trail of a particular pair for a while now and wanted to wait until I actually had them in hand! So, I’ll play...
I have 3 answers I’m afraid.

1. My favorite and most special pair are the Persol 2430S. I love the frames for sure, but that SA lens is amazing as well. The thing that makes them the most special pair that I have is that they were a gift from a friend who knew how very much I wanted a pair and no matter what I offered, he wouldn’t sell them to me. Then out of the blue he sent them to me as a birthday gift. Pictured with stock lens as gifted as I would not want to change anything about these and his amazing gesture.
4C1FA7D3-1C04-456F-A4A1-D2C1B27A5E4B.jpeg

2. The pair that I probably like the most to wear frequently are my Matsuda M2002 in brown and gold, with screen accurate amethyst prescription lenses. I just really love everything about this particular frame and lens combination.

FDFCF8A4-2EB2-45FA-B4D9-EB1259C6A63B.jpeg

3. The grail pair that I have sought the most and actually had the most difficulty in acquiring are my Silhouette Allure 8141 in purple. I just received these yesterday and it was no small task I assure you. While I initially didn’t care for these at all (didn’t really even care to acquire them until a few months ago), I really do like them and actually will wear them (I did today).

6BB0BBAC-A066-420D-9589-2004A3D6B610.jpeg

So...I basically have three grail pair but all for different reasons.

Who’s next?!

Been holding out replying to this as I’ve been hot on the trail of a particular pair for a while now and wanted to wait until I actually had them in hand! So, I’ll play...

1. My favorite and most special pair are the Persol 2430S. I love the frames for sure, but that SA lens is amazing as well. The thing that makes them the most special pair that I have is that they were a gift from a friend who knew how very much I wanted a pair and no matter what I offered, he wouldn’t sell them to me. Then out of the blue he sent them to me as a birthday gift. Pictured with stock lens as gifted as I would not want to change anything about these and his amazing gesture.
View attachment 1413749

2. The pair that I probably like the most to wear frequently are my Matsuda M2002 in brown and gold, with screen accurate amethyst prescription lenses. I just really love everything about this particular frame and lens combination.

View attachment 1413750

3. The grail pair that I have sought the most and actually had the most difficulty in acquiring are my Silhouette Allure 8141 in purple. I just received these yesterday and it was no small task I assure you. While I initially didn’t care for these at all (didn’t really even care to acquire them until a few months ago), I really do like them and actually will wear them (I did today).

View attachment 1413751

Who’s next?!

Great find! Congrats! [emoji41][emoji1360]

View attachment 1413749

View attachment 1413750

View attachment 1413751

Who’s next?!
I’m glad you found those!!

View attachment 1413749

View attachment 1413750

View attachment 1413751

Who’s next?!
Congratulations on getting those!

I'm still trying to decide what my grail pair would be. I think once I decide it will also have to be a list of three :)

Hey guys, can you guys show how you keep your glasses organized? I need advice.

I have this poor system where I just shove all my glasses in their hard cases in a drawer without labels and its a little frustrating digging through several hardcases of the the same brand to find a certain pair.

Hey guys, can you guys show how you keep your glasses organized? I need advice.

I have this poor system where I just shove all my glasses in their hard cases in a drawer without labels and its a little frustrating digging through several hardcases of the the same brand to find a certain pair.

I keep them in these cases, so it’s easier for me to choose which one I want to match my outfit:

IMG_8104.jpg

And I store all the original hard cases and boxes in another box, since I don’t use them regularly:

IMG_8105.jpg

I hope this helps.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back