Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

I have the black MT Bromley's too and mine are the same, I thought the logo might have been silver at some point and that it had worn off, but your pic reinforces that the logo is probably just black.:D

The frames in your pic are, I think, Giorgio Armani "Garconne" AR7019-K 5017 gloss black frame 54□18 145 with custom yellow lenses...
View attachment 1370686 View attachment 1370687 View attachment 1370688

Shown here too...
View attachment 1370684 View attachment 1370685

;)(y)
I managed to pick up a pair of the Giorgio Armani Garconne for a great price. I had to settle for the 52 - 18 - 145 but I'm ok with that. Once they arrive they'll be sent to my opticians for the yellow lenses

To my friends and brothers on this side of the pond, a Happy Thanksgiving To those located elsewhere, a Happy Thanksgiving to you ALL as well!

I for one am thankful that I discovered this group and the friendships that I’ve made as a result.

All the best to you all!

Anyone looking for a bit of extra Christmas $$$? I’m looking for OP Strathmore in Workman grey.

Just saying!

PM if you can help/we can help each other.

Silver Corsairs on ebay if you havent seen them, along with the Cass, silver and brown 2430s and etc. A few dior 137s you can paint black, real gold mine if you havent gotten some of these pairs

Anyone looking for a bit of extra Christmas $$$? I’m looking for OP Strathmore in Workman grey.

Just saying!

PM if you can help/we can help each other.

I'm feeling a bit bad as we were both in such friendly competition for the grey Strathmore's!!;)
After ages of what seemed like endless searching for the discontinued Oliver Peoples Strathmore's in Workman Grey, I've eventually just found myself a brand new pair!!...
20201130_113618.jpg 20201130_113555.jpg 20201130_113402.jpg 20201130_113821.jpg

I had put the Strathmore's right at the back of my wanted list, mainly due to the tiny amount of screen time and screen "size" appearance in Endgame.
I passed on a used pair a while back that went past the $200 mark and regrettably decided to stop bidding, as I thought another pair would "just turn up"...Yeah right!! D'oh!!:oops:

I found them after a quick Google search led me to Pretavoir in the UK - The company is legit and with awesome customer service - I ordered my Dita Flight .006 7806 "A" from them a while back, when no other retailer had any stock.
I'd give Pretavoir a full 5 star ☆☆☆☆☆ rating.

I'd previously looked there for the Strathmore's many times before, but it was always an old web page saying "out of stock".
I just happened to click on it and it showed "in stock" in green.o_O..I was like, wait....what?!

I checked with their online chat facility and they confirmed they had a pair in stock.

I didn't hesitate and ordered immediately. I got the discounted "brand new" price, also a free pair of Superdry aviator's in their early Black Friday event and opted for the fastest shipping method.
However, I was still a tiny bit sceptical, so cautiously waited until I had them "in hand" before I could fully confirm my find here.

It's genuinely killing me that there was only 1 pair left and you (and our entire group) couldn't benefit from the find too!!
I would have loved to post the link with "stock available" for everyone here that might need the Strathmore's.

The Google search result showed...
20201130_111858.png

...but then the main site went straight back to showing this again, right after I ordered...

The exact same thing happened a while back that I mentioned here on the thread, when I found a pair of Raen Ditmar at SmartBuyGlasses..."discontinued, no stock", then ages later, suddenly "1 pair in stock" appeared on the site.

I will obviously still stay on the hunt and will endeavour to help find these OP's for you;), but now it has happened to me twice, I think maybe we should all keep regularly checking eyewear retailer's old "out of stock" web pages for "random appearing stock" of sought after frames.

I'd like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for the extra set of eyes in the hunt for the Strathmore's and I'd also like to thank budashlock for also kindly helping to keep an eye out for these too. (y):D(y)

I think that's me all complete now (like some lucky others on here too:D) with my movie frames, inc. 2x safety eyewear and Thorlabs and basically just need 3 sets of custom lenses now (purple for Strathmore's included) to finish my movie collection off.

I did it, phew, what a ride!! - It only took 4 (long) years!! Lol!!o_O

A genuine thank you to every member for their time, interest, help and input on this fantastic thread, you are all what makes this thing just keep going.....just awesome!!

Now, if I can just get all the 4 years of searching back:lol:

UV.

I made police from Dubery to practice making eyeglasses.

Attachments

• B9B83E69-BB1B-4A45-A8AB-9F47628638B3.jpeg
    B9B83E69-BB1B-4A45-A8AB-9F47628638B3.jpeg
    668.2 KB · Views: 95
  • CA827FDD-A5A6-4F33-8C6D-63C94C75A739.jpeg
    CA827FDD-A5A6-4F33-8C6D-63C94C75A739.jpeg
    424.3 KB · Views: 99
  • B103EBE6-BB5D-460A-9F47-88B820FDE3C0.jpeg
    B103EBE6-BB5D-460A-9F47-88B820FDE3C0.jpeg
    403.5 KB · Views: 89
  • F2CF18CF-6BBE-49EC-B907-6451CB33FC8C.jpeg
    F2CF18CF-6BBE-49EC-B907-6451CB33FC8C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 99
  • CD6F2E99-96D5-4190-A7F3-66FB4E69A52A.jpeg
    CD6F2E99-96D5-4190-A7F3-66FB4E69A52A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 90
  • E6AE1ED2-73DC-4D79-959F-279AADB81800.jpeg
    E6AE1ED2-73DC-4D79-959F-279AADB81800.jpeg
    697.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 817B3527-B861-4309-BA86-DF4AB1BFD20E.jpeg
    817B3527-B861-4309-BA86-DF4AB1BFD20E.jpeg
    754.5 KB · Views: 91
I'm feeling a bit bad as we were both in such friendly competition for the grey Strathmore's!!;)
After ages of what seemed like endless searching for the discontinued Oliver Peoples Strathmore's in Workman Grey, I've eventually just found myself a brand new pair!!...
View attachment 1373335 View attachment 1373336 View attachment 1373337 View attachment 1373338

I had put the Strathmore's right at the back of my wanted list, mainly due to the tiny amount of screen time and screen "size" appearance in Endgame.
I passed on a used pair a while back that went past the $200 mark and regrettably decided to stop bidding, as I thought another pair would "just turn up"...Yeah right!! D'oh!!:oops:

I found them after a quick Google search led me to Pretavoir in the UK - The company is legit and with awesome customer service - I ordered my Dita Flight .006 7806 "A" from them a while back, when no other retailer had any stock.
I'd give Pretavoir a full 5 star ☆☆☆☆☆ rating.

I'd previously looked there for the Strathmore's many times before, but it was always an old web page saying "out of stock".
I just happened to click on it and it showed "in stock" in green.o_O..I was like, wait....what?!

I checked with their online chat facility and they confirmed they had a pair in stock.

I didn't hesitate and ordered immediately. I got the discounted "brand new" price, also a free pair of Superdry aviator's in their early Black Friday event and opted for the fastest shipping method.
However, I was still a tiny bit sceptical, so cautiously waited until I had them "in hand" before I could fully confirm my find here.

It's genuinely killing me that there was only 1 pair left and you (and our entire group) couldn't benefit from the find too!!
I would have loved to post the link with "stock available" for everyone here that might need the Strathmore's.

The Google search result showed...
View attachment 1373339

...but then the main site went straight back to showing this again, right after I ordered...

The exact same thing happened a while back that I mentioned here on the thread, when I found a pair of Raen Ditmar at SmartBuyGlasses..."discontinued, no stock", then ages later, suddenly "1 pair in stock" appeared on the site.

I will obviously still stay on the hunt and will endeavour to help find these OP's for you;), but now it has happened to me twice, I think maybe we should all keep regularly checking eyewear retailer's old "out of stock" web pages for "random appearing stock" of sought after frames.

I'd like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for the extra set of eyes in the hunt for the Strathmore's and I'd also like to thank budashlock for also kindly helping to keep an eye out for these too. (y):D(y)

I think that's me all complete now (like some lucky others on here too:D) with my movie frames, inc. 2x safety eyewear and Thorlabs and basically just need 3 sets of custom lenses now (purple for Strathmore's included) to finish my movie collection off.

I did it, phew, what a ride!! - It only took 4 (long) years!! Lol!!o_O

A genuine thank you to every member for their time, interest, help and input on this fantastic thread, you are all what makes this thing just keep going.....just awesome!!

Now, if I can just get all the 4 years of searching back:lol:

UV.

UV,

Congratulations my friend! I am genuinely very happy for you. I love stories like this. If I’ve gotta lose, I’m happy someone on here was able to win. You have been an invaluable resource not only to me, but to the whole community.

Once again, sincere congratulations my friend. I mean that whole heartedly.

UV,

Congratulations my friend! I am genuinely very happy for you. I love stories like this. If I’ve gotta lose, I’m happy someone on here was able to win. You have been an invaluable resource not only to me, but to the whole community.

Once again, sincere congratulations my friend. I mean that whole heartedly.
Thank you for your kind words my friend, they really are genuinely appreciated...had they not been the last pair to complete my IM collection, they would have been yours.;)

Here's to locating a pair for you too, there will be a pair out there somewhere with your name on it!! - I'm certain of it.
I'll apply all of my good fortune into helping you (and everyone here) and with a lucky rabbit's foot or two, let's get the Strathmore box ticked for everyone who needs it!!

As my thoughts and sights now also turn to completing the huge and ongoing non-movie frames collection, I can't help but realise that the thrill of the chase (ID'ing & finding), although it never seems like it at the time!!o_O, is ultimately, all part of the enjoyment and "job satisfaction" of the end result of ownership and adding that all important hard-fought and rare piece to our proud collections!!:cool:

As you know I like to document these RDJ pairs on instagram. Does anyone know where he was spotted wearing these and possible video edivence?

I just got these on posh.

Attachments

• robert_downey_jr-333.jpg
    robert_downey_jr-333.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_2020-11-30-22-03-41.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-30-22-03-41.png
    397.6 KB · Views: 62
Also I got these fun pairs for $30 on poshmark a Jimmy Fallon x Warby Parker collab called the Spinnies! :)

Attachments

• 20201130_214139_HDR.jpg
    20201130_214139_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
Ok MCU eyewear family....question.

I have always avoided the Silhouette Allure 8141 6223, from the deleted scene, having far many more pairs on the the priority list, and not really drawn to their....style. I had an opportunity to buy a pair a while back, but didn’t think I’d really ever want these so I passed them up. However, now I am reconsidering.

So, any of you who actually own a pair, I would very much appreciate your thoughts and impressions. I still have many higher priority pair in my wish list, but want to rethink my initial thoughts on these.

If you own a pair and wouldn’t mind sharing your impressions (do you ever actually wear them, quality, etc) please drop me a DM.

I’ll be sure to keep checking my dms.

Thanks to you all!

All the best!

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back