Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

I don't know what to say. I talked to him last week. I'm still kind of in shock. He's one of the main reasons I started collecting. I'm glad I got to meet him once. He paid for mine and my girlfriend Shakey's pizza in Anaheim. He took my credit card out of my hand like he was going to pay with it and threw it on the floor so i coundnt pay. He said "get me next," it hurts to know that the next time will be in another life. I can go on and on and bore everyone here about the conversations he and i had, but i won't, because i know how much he meant to all of us. He knew i was a sucker for something new and "limted edition." When i saw his name on my phone i knew i was about to spend around $300. Im a guaranteed sale and was a pretty much a sure thing! much like all of us here, i wish i got to say a proper goodbye. So today, I'm wearing my shiny silver All-Ins with the custom silver faded to blue lenses (probably my favorite lens he made for me). He made the weather outside gorgeous just so i could! Kaz, you're missed, you're loved and in the words of Peter Venkman, see ya on the other side! Cheers, my friend!

Thanks to everyone on here that has reached out to me the day or so. i love all you guys! it's everyone here and J that made is hobby a true family!

I don't know what to say. I talked to him last week. I'm still kind of in shock. He's one of the main reasons I started collecting. I'm glad I got to meet him once. He paid for mine and my girlfriend Shakey's pizza in Anaheim. He took my credit card out of my hand like he was going to pay with it and threw it on the floor so i coundnt pay. He said "get me next," it hurts to know that the next time will be in another life. I can go on and on and bore everyone here about the conversations he and i had, but i won't, because i know how much he meant to all of us. He knew i was a sucker for something new and "limted edition." When i saw his name on my phone i knew i was about to spend around $300. Im a guaranteed sale and was a pretty much a sure thing! much like all of us here, i wish i got to say a proper goodbye. So today, I'm wearing my shiny silver All-Ins with the custom silver faded to blue lenses (probably my favorite lens he made for me). He made the weather outside gorgeous just so i could! Kaz, you're missed, you're loved and in the words of Peter Venkman, see ya on the other side! Cheers, my friend!

Thanks to everyone on here that has reached out to me the day or so. i love all you guys! it's everyone here and J that made is hobby a true family!

Well said my friend.

Such a lovely heartfelt post, well said brother.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Jason in person and only spoke via email, but I knew I was communicating with a gentleman.

This small community can't all be together in the same room, so pour yourself a large one my friends, put on your favourite Initium frame and make a toast....."To Jason, a genuine gentleman, successful businessman, and kind hearted soul, who touched and enriched so many people's lives across the globe without even having to meet them, you won't be forgotten, you live on in us, rest in peace".....

I propose we do this every year on this very day and keep his legendary eyewear legacy alive.

Makes you realise how fragile, precious and short life is.

Such a lovely heartfelt post, well said brother.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Jason in person and only spoke via email, but I knew I was communicating with a gentleman.

This small community can't all be together in the same room, so pour yourself a large one my friends, put on your favourite Initium frame and make a toast....."To Jason, a genuine gentleman, successful businessman, and kind hearted soul, who touched and enriched so many people's lives across the globe without even having to meet them, you won't be forgotten, you live on in us, rest in peace".....

I propose we do this every year on this very day and keep his legendary eyewear legacy alive.

Makes you realise how fragile, precious and short life is.

Fantastic idea! We must definitely make that a priority! A celebration of life toast! I am in!

Right there with you on that... Last spoke to him a few weeks ago and I didn't get the sense anything was up at all until I saw post from him on Facebook about his health, but he didn't say much, which I can respect.

I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times on my trips to California and Vegas (I'm from Australia and travel to the USA twice a year pre-corona). I first met him in 2016 when he came to my hotel after I messaged Initium direct about trying to buy the crystal Radio Radio frames and looking for stockist in Cali at the time to try them on. I only owned the original All-In at that point after seeing them in Iron Man 2 back in the day. I didn't realise that the owner of Initium would come to see me. I just thought it would have been a sales rep etc. But he turned up with two cases of frames to choose from and we sat in the lobby of my hotel in Hollywood chatting and going through the frames he brought. Needless to say I didn't just buy the Radio Radio that day. After that, the rest is history...

Like yourself, whenever I saw his name on my phone I'd be opening up my wallet soon enough! There was no ******** between us. I'd give him stick and he would do the same, but it was all good even if we didn't see eye to eye on occasion. The last time I saw him was in 2018 while I was in Vegas after he drove from Cali to see me. We went to lunch at Javier's in the Aria and he insisted that I put my card back in my wallet. He paid for our lunch and I walked away with over $3K worth of glasses that day, which he told me to fix him up when I was back home in AU. And to not worry about it while I was on holiday. There were so many times that he'd send me stuff and say fix me up when you can. He knew I was good for it. You don't get that sort of service anywhere. He was gentleman and I'm glad to have had the honour of his friendship.

Rest easy, Jas.

JK.jpg

I’ll try to make that quick,
I was really shocked by that news, I woke up one day to see a text from Gotmeth and couldn’t believe it...
I never met Jason in person but I’ve been in contact with him regularly to spend more money, it is rare to meet someone so involved in his work and so dedicated to his customers, us.
I’m from France and always planned on visiting him and Initium in the future, this is one of those situation where you realize time flies by quicker than expected. I’m really saddened to know I’ll never meet him now.. I must admit reading all your messages and stories made my eyes wet.
Now I know I’ll go to Initium one day as some sort of pilgrimage, Jason’s legacy will live within his company, and he’ll always be a part of our lives every time we put on one of his pairs, and that thought, brings back a little bit of joy to me

Congrats you whomever got the Red/burgundy Bromley on poshmark!! You lucky person!!

Anyone have the black pair and can answer me a question... What color is the logo on the temple tip, mine is black. I can't find pics of it anywhere on the internets
20201121_151242.jpg

Also, any idea of these?
Screenshot_20201122-174426_Instagram.jpg

Congrats you whomever got the Red/burgundy Bromley on poshmark!! You lucky person!!

Anyone have the black pair and can answer me a question... What color is the logo on the temple tip, mine is black. I can't find pics of it anywhere on the internets
View attachment 1370670

Also, any idea of these?
View attachment 1370672
I have the black MT Bromley's too and mine are the same, I thought the logo might have been silver at some point and that it had worn off, but your pic reinforces that the logo is probably just black.:D

The frames in your pic are, I think, Giorgio Armani "Garconne" AR7019-K 5017 gloss black frame 54□18 145 with custom yellow lenses...
20201122_230023.png 20201122_225952.png 20201122_230038.png

Shown here too...
20201122_225931.png 20200822_144615.png

;)(y)

I have the black MT Bromley's too and mine are the same, I thought the logo might have been silver at some point and that it had worn off, but your pic reinforces that the logo is probably just black.:D

The frames in your pic are, I think, Giorgio Armani "Garconne" AR7019-K 5017 gloss black frame 54□18 145 with custom yellow lenses...
View attachment 1370686 View attachment 1370687 View attachment 1370688

Shown here too...
View attachment 1370684 View attachment 1370685

;)(y)
You're a GD machine!!! Thanks!! I'm with you, I thought the paint wore off too. I was about to have my sister-in-law make silver stickers for me because I figured that is what I had to be.

You're a GD machine!!! Thanks!! I'm with you, I thought the paint wore off too. I was about to have my sister-in-law make silver stickers for me because I figured that is what I had to be.
I couldn't find any reference pics either and making the logo silver was on my to do list, but thanks to you, that box is ticked, I now know it's supposed to be black!! :D

Man, it's hard to capture the MT logo in a picture, it's only visible at a certain angle!!...
20201122_233230.jpg
(My black Bromley's with custom light blue lenses).

It wasn't me on the burgundy Bromley's BTW, but I do have some brand new Ivory Bromley's arriving soon ($80 bargain) that I'm pretty excited about!!:D(y)
20201117_132158.png
As is already known, the ivory frames have the gold frame and same spice gradient lenses as the burgundy...
20201117_094301.png 20201117_094322.png

I'll post some pics when they arrive, but I'm seriously thinking about having the lens orbitals and temple tips 3D printed in gloss burgundy using my black or ivory Bromley parts as a template.:unsure:

I have 3 of the 5 colorways and we all know how I am with a complete set soooooo if anyone wants to make some money and unload the burgundy and ivory let me know!

Hey UV I was thinking of buying a dremel and some files to cut my own lenses, do you have any recommendations on brands and tooling and the average time it takes to make lenses to see what I'm getting into? Thanks! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back