Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

and while we are here, my optician called to say that the red lenses for my op ennis were ready (thanks uv400!). small frame but I like the way it turned out

View attachment 1362762
What size are they?
I have some Gregory Peck, the clear frames option. I changed out the photocromic lenses for some nice pink lenses. They are really nice but I'm never sure on the look when I'm wearing them as opposed to say, my Sheldrakes

As he's also been spotted in the Vogue brand, "In Vogue" VO2777-S W44/71 52□18 146, matte black with stock green lenses...
View attachment 1361254 View attachment 1361255 View attachment 1361256

...and VO2777-S (again, but W656/13) tortoise with custom orange/red lenses...
View attachment 1361257 View attachment 1361258 View attachment 1361259

(Apologies for some of the bad quality images there!!)
Thanks UV, I always knew he wore those in tortoise but I never found those pictures, now it justifies the black ones I got brand new with tags from eBay last year for ~100€, another long discounted pair, for the ones who don't know, these are from The Judge, a 2014 movie. Here's mine :
IMG_0909.JPG
IMG_0910.jpg

What size are they?
I have some Gregory Peck, the clear frames option. I changed out the photocromic lenses for some nice pink lenses. They are really nice but I'm never sure on the look when I'm wearing them as opposed to say, my Sheldrakes
it’s a 48, one of the smallest frames I have. but in this case the wider arms help a bit

Nice!!
Great find on those matte denim blue DENH Neymar's!! ;)

Speaking of Neymar's and to officially add them to the non movie RDJ frames collection, in addition to the already well known turquoise NV8H...
View attachment 1362715
...the NK5H & NVAH (with non Civil War standard lenses)...
View attachment 1362716 View attachment 1362717 View attachment 1362718
Maybe he has all the Neymar colors!!:D
I'm not sure anyone mentioned it here and it may be common knowledge but he also wore them in GBKV (green) on Instagram:
NEYMAR XX.jpg

aren’t these the teal and black we all have but the light/filter make them look darker?
i gotta say I'm only 80% sure they're the green, they can possibly be the teal, but the GBKV don't have split mirror lenses, they may be stock lenses in the pic (we all know that without AR coating, stock lenses can sometime look mirrored in pictures taken in interior). Tell me what you all think
(I just saw UV's post popping above as I'm writing this one ahah)

i gotta say I'm only 80% sure they're the green, they can possibly be the teal, but the GBKV don't have split mirror lenses, they may be stock lenses in the pic (we all know that without AR coating, stock lenses can sometime look mirrored in pictures taken in interior). Tell me what you all think
(I just saw UV's post popping above as I'm writing this one ahah)
They GBKV's also have that solid opaque matte black lower frame half, as opposed to the NV8H's grey semi-transparent lower half...
20201028_163510.png
20201028_163526.png

Thanks UV, I always knew he wore those in tortoise but I never found those pictures, now it justifies the black ones I got brand new with tags from eBay last year for ~100€, another long discounted pair, for the ones who don't know, these are from The Judge, a 2014 movie. Here's mine :
View attachment 1362770View attachment 1362771
Nice find!! :D

Those "The Judge" movie Vogue 2777-S W44/71 also have that "duality" factor and need adding to the non movie frame list...;)
20201028_161453.png 20201028_161559.png 20201028_161559.png

Picked up these Prada PS52FV TFZ-1O1 for a crazy $10, as the seller thought they were broken (it was only a missing prescription lens!:oops:).
I only bought them anyway just for the arms, as if I can't, at some point source the PS04FV variant with the right temple arms, as a back up I'm going to hopefully be able to surgically transplant the arms over in theatre.
20201028_184000.jpg 20201028_184020.jpg 20200820_185216.png20201028_194056.png
20201028_194457.png
Managed to find another pic, confirming the temple arm variant (1st frame of the 2 product pictures above)...
20201028_194430.png

While on Prada, after remembering reading Naihanchi had bought some PR50VS and rightly commented on how cool they are, I started to suffer from the early signs of chronic FOMO, so in responsible support of my well-being (yeah right!! :lol:), had to take the plunge too!! I'll deal with the guilt later!! Lol

Thanks Naihanchi, you're totally right, these things are very cool, especially in person!!;)(y)

They arrived today amidst the "exciticipation" of that great uplifting sound of the courier at the door with an eyewear shaped parcel!!:D
20201028_184422.jpg 20201028_184334.jpg 20201028_184302.jpg 20201028_184348.jpg

Picked up these Prada PS52FV TFZ-1O1 for a crazy $10, as the seller thought they were broken (it was only a missing prescription lens!:oops:).
I only bought them anyway just for the arms, as if I can't, at some point source the PS04FV variant with the right temple arms, as a back up I'm going to hopefully be able to surgically transplant the arms over in theatre.
View attachment 1362856 View attachment 1362857 View attachment 1362858View attachment 1362859
View attachment 1362860
Managed to find another pic, confirming the temple arm variant (1st frame of the 2 product pictures above)...
View attachment 1362861

While on Prada, after remembering reading Naihanchi had bought some PR50VS and rightly commented on how cool they are, I started to suffer from the early signs of chronic FOMO, so in responsible support of my well-being (yeah right!! :lol:), had to take the plunge too!! I'll deal with the guilt later!! Lol

Thanks Naihanchi, you're totally right, these things are very cool, especially in person!!;)(y)

They arrived today amidst the "exciticipation" of that great uplifting sound of the courier at the door with an eyewear shaped parcel!!:D
View attachment 1362870 View attachment 1362871 View attachment 1362872 View attachment 1362873
you're welcome.
They have quickly become one of my favourite sets. They have a really different look I think, they look great on and compliment a lot of different looks

I'm just waiting for my Polaroids to arrive. I ordered both the yellow and green versions. They look really cool actually, I can't wait for them to arrive
Both colors are great for matching to outfits.:D
I'd recommend Polaroid's to anyone as they are made by Safilo, who's licensed eyewear brands include Carrera, Dior Homme, David Beckham and Givenchy.

They are certainly on a par quality wise, to the Carrera 180-F-S that some of us have.

The cardboard case lets them down slightly, but I like the case that gio's 6115's came in on the previous page...maybe it's time for a color matching case upgrade x4!! :cool:

Both colors are great for matching to outfits.:D
I'd recommend Polaroid's to anyone as they are made by Safilo, who's licensed eyewear brands include Carrera, Dior Homme, David Beckham and Givenchy.

They are certainly on a par quality wise, to the Carrera 180-F-S that some of us have.

The cardboard case lets them down slightly, but I like the case that gio's 6115's came in on the previous page...maybe it's time for a color matching case upgrade x4!! :cool:
I definitely agree regarding the comparable quality against the Carrera 180fs.
Like many of us I have the 4 Polaroid frames we've often discussed (once the yellow and greens arrive). I really like the small details which seem to me to be quite unexpected considering the price compared to the type of brands and frames we all frequently buy. Clearly my Dita and Matsuda have a much more premium feel, and a wow factor if anyone ever asks "how much did they cost" but the Polaroids are definitely a great addition to my collection.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back