Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

So the Dita's with custom lenses look more accurate to infinity war, however they have silver nose pads. Tony had gold if I'm not mistaken?. So to get nose pads in gold, you have to get the mirrored. UGHHH it's so frustrating.

Yeah, Tony’s pair had gold nose pads, but I think you can order some nose pads from DITA. Last ones I ordered from DITA for a different pair was something like $12.

Yeah, Tony’s pair had gold nose pads, but I think you can order some nose pads from DITA. Last ones I ordered from DITA for a different pair was something like $12.

This would be perfect. Going to wait for them to restock custom lenses. Order them with nose pads to a US address lol, then have a friend ship them.

This would be perfect. Going to wait for them to restock custom lenses. Order them with nose pads to a US address lol, then have a friend ship them.
I asked them about just selling the lenses and in classic dita fashion they didn't even respond i love thier products but hate thier customer relations

Ugh!! I should've waited to pull the trigger on the HBs! Now what am I gonna do with those!!??
In my case, despite an early guess "mis-ID", I'm keeping my HB's 'cos I got them real cheap and IMO they are a classy shape and a nice fit, just like I kept my OP Connolly's, which I also really like the shape of. Similar to your goodself, it's nice to appreciate all designer eyewear and widen any eyewear collection beyond "Stark only" frames, or achieving only the 36 frames would be the "endgame!"...lol!...I can't imagine reaching a point where I would lose interest in buying eyewear, my Prada searches for the Sport VPS have already inadvertently got me interested in some (non Stark) rectangular PR 03 SS!

I asked them about just selling the lenses and in classic dita fashion they didn't even respond i love thier products but hate thier customer relations
I was even trying to get them made available on the Canadian website but they said they are sold out. But I was clearly still able to add them to my cart and proceed to checkout at the time.

Dita was an under radar brand. Not a lot of people wanted the 006. Now after the FFH(no spoilers), it's in high demand I guess. They replied to my email, but it was not helpful and really didn't answer my questions.

Slightly off topic, but having trouble getting hold of the Strathmore's. I noticed they are a bit similar to Paul Smith Hoban's, especially in the see-through arm detail. Obviously, not them, but as Paul Smith are made by Oliver Peoples the quality will be there.
Hoban.jpg

Strathmore.jpg

In the meantime, I knocked up some super cheapskate
cheapies to make do until I manage to get some, lol!
20190711_170725.jpg

Not sure if this is totally obvious and already realised, but with higher res. pics the Givenchy 7125 are havana and not black.
7125.jpg
7125 havana.jpg

Did anyone buy a pair yet? I'm looking to, 'cos the style is "stand out" unusual....also, as a big plus point for me, I like to wear frames as often as possible, but night time is a problem with darker lenses lol! - you look cool but walk around like Mr. Magoo!
If I put light yellow driving lenses in, they'll have a functional "duality" to them, 'cos aswell as normal wear, I get to wear them at night driving! Win win! They are 55's so I think the size will be fine.

Last edited:
Wait... So I could have paid less than $40 bucks instead of the freaking $500?
Lush Crate previously only had these in gold frames... No longer.

I may order a pair just to see what I get.

Cheers
Steve

Wait... So I could have paid less than $40 bucks instead of the freaking $500?
Lush Crate previously only had these in gold frames... No longer.

I may order a pair just to see what I get.

Cheers
Steve
I got a pair from eBay after I got the real pair just to compare, they're terrible.

I got a pair from eBay after I got the real pair just to compare, they're terrible.
Yes but how terrible?
They cost around 5% of the total cost of the Ditas. Are they 50% worse? 80% worse? I mean they would have to be like those metalized plastic frames for them to be THAT bad. I'm curious to see...

BTW - Don't get me wrong. I know what quality glasses feel like compared to cheap. I'm just wondering.
I ordered some from Lush Crate so we'll see.

Cheers
Steve

Yes but how terrible?
They cost around 5% of the total cost of the Ditas. Are they 50% worse? 80% worse? I mean they would have to be like those metalized plastic frames for them to be THAT bad. I'm curious to see...

BTW - Don't get me wrong. I know what quality glasses feel like compared to cheap. I'm just wondering.
I ordered some from Lush Crate so we'll see.

Cheers
Steve
The same copies are all over ebay and wish for under $10, they seem to be all the same copies, just some places charge way more.
If I'm not mistaken, they are way bigger too, compared to real Dita's (52mm)...if you could put up with the bad quality, they might look rather big, IMO.

So, the Prada's are pretty slick, the 56mm is a much better fit.....
20190712_112907.jpg

20190712_113028.jpg

20190712_112919.jpg

20190712_113009.jpg

I see now how the "silver hinge bit" was only a reflection on the shiny carbon fibre arm detail!..it only happens at a certain precise angle....d'oh!!
20190712_114650.jpg

And just for size comparison with the 55mm HB's and 51mm CD's....
20190712_113951.jpg

20190712_114244.jpg

And for my next trick....lol...took ages to balance all 3 of them!!
20190712_114533.jpg

Need some lenses now, light grey tint, or may push the boat out and go for grey transitions!

So, the Prada's are pretty slick, the 56mm is a much better fit.....
View attachment 1037835
View attachment 1037844
View attachment 1037837
View attachment 1037838
I see now how the "silver hinge bit" was only a reflection on the shiny carbon fibre arm detail!..it only happens at a certain precise angle....d'oh!!
View attachment 1037840
And just for size comparison with the 55mm HB's and 51mm CD's....
View attachment 1037841
View attachment 1037842
And for my next trick....lol...took ages to balance all 3 of them!!
View attachment 1037843
Need some lenses now, light grey tint, or may push the boat out and go for grey transitions!
Nice! Where did you find the Pradas?

Not sure if this is totally obvious and already realised, but with higher res. pics the Givenchy 7125 are havana and not black.
View attachment 1037613
View attachment 1037614
Did anyone buy a pair yet? I'm looking to, 'cos the style is "stand out" unusual....also, as a big plus point for me, I like to wear frames as often as possible, but night time is a problem with darker lenses lol! - you look cool but walk around like Mr. Magoo!
If I put light yellow driving lenses in, they'll have a functional "duality" to them, 'cos aswell as normal wear, I get to wear them at night driving! Win win! They are 55's so I think the size will be fine.
Hello all new to RPF stumbled upon the forum looking for IM Glasses. Thanks to all for all the Info ordered a bunch from Jason already !
Looking to pick up these Givenchy’s what online seller is trusted?
Thank you in advance

Hello and welcome!!
Amazon has the Givenchy's but you could try Otticanet, Shadestation, SmartBuyGlasses or ebay. Plenty other places look like they also stock them, but I haven't had experience ordering from them.
Only just ordered mine from Amazon, so they aren't shipped yet.

Hello and welcome!!
Amazon has the Givenchy's but you could try Otticanet, Shadestation, SmartBuyGlasses or ebay. Plenty other places look like they also stock them, but I haven't had experience ordering from them.
Only just ordered mine from Amazon, so they aren't shipped yet.
Awesome thank you !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back