Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

Although the lens shape here isn't quite accurate, just need to get the HUD image onto a super thin clear adhesive decal sheet to apply to the inside of the lenses.
Actually, better still, a non-adhesive "static cling" type decal would be better, to remove and re-apply to the lenses whenever necessary.....
SPX 1.jpg

SPX2.jpg

A bit of a better zoomable image of Deckard's VFX HUD concept art file that he donated to the thread.
To apply to the inside of the lenses, I suppose the image would have to be reversed too and enhanced etc.
SPX3.jpg

Does anyone here catalog their frames. Either by a spreadsheet or app or however. I'm trying to figure out a way to do it so I can keep better track of what I have other than by memory.

Does anyone here catalog their frames. Either by a spreadsheet or app or however. I'm trying to figure out a way to do it so I can keep better track of what I have other than by memory.
That's a really good idea man!
Not sure if it is classed as cataloging, but I've been doing a kinda sheet for each IM frame, to try to keep track a bit...(I've put 4 random ones below as an example - they are a bit basic!!:oops:):
EG6.jpgEG5.jpgEG4.jpgEG 1.jpg
Compiling these sheets is probably a bit weird, but to an outsider looking at a collection, there is more relevance to be able to show the cost and visual reference of each individual eyewear piece as it is featured in the films.

I suppose cataloging the frames is especially important if your frames are on display!.....it's then hard to remember which frames go in which cases & boxes, and to a greater degree, if you have lots of frames from the same brand!...(multiple same brand cases that are all slightly different!)
We also have the headache of keeping the original lenses from each frame organised too, most IM frames have custom lenses in!
I thought of using a random frame suppliers screen page of the item, then adding in which movie it's from + a pic or two showing which exact scene they featured in too.
I have each RRP, but should also add in what I actually paid..(might come in handy later if I wanted to sell anything!)...defo going to add in pics of their correct cases too etc. to avoid getting them mixed up. Future values will be higher with the correct box/cloth/case!

Not only would an app be a good idea, but also saved on cloud or the like.
When I had completed the IM frames, I kinda envisioned a nice professional looking album/presentation folder (or leather designer eyewear information portfolio), to give a bit of background on the IM frames to compliment the collection, with the inside pages almost like a glossy catalogue from a high end auction house, prior to an exclusive collection going under the hammer.
I can see it now in years to come - "Sotheby's lot number 1: The entire and complete rare and vintage Ironman movie eyewear collection, can I start the bidding at $$$$$$$!"...lol!!

It could perhaps have a numbered index using Wolfshire's IM frames reference list in the first pages/introduction! (I'm sure he wouldn't mind!).
A numbered album book or PC file could then take you direct to where that corresponding frame is, in the display cabinet/rack.
God, this is all starting to sound a bit OCD! Lol!!

Last edited:
I really like the lenses on the shawfords, where did you get those done? And are those the matte grey frames? They’re the ones I have, but yours look like a darker black...might be lighting

I really like the lenses on the shawfords, where did you get those done? And are those the matte grey frames? They’re the ones I have, but yours look like a darker black...might be lighting
Mine are the matt black Shawford's just like yours, it must be the lighting, as the frame fronts are a matt black, but the side arms are like a gunmetal dark grey.
I have the tortoise ones too and I think the only other color available is matt blue.
I made the blue lenses myself in my underground optical laboratory facility.
20190714_192529.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a couple quick pics, original pair on top, re-issue on bottom. And the special pouch that Sunglass Garage included. If I'm being honest, I kind of like the re-issued pair a little more.
View attachment 1014411
View attachment 1014412
View attachment 1014413
hebrewersfan,
May I ask if the original VZ lenses are identical to the re-issues?
It always looked to me on the original product images (still on google images), like they had a green tint as opposed to the dark grey.
VZip.jpg

I'm only asking because I found a few tiny marks on my re-issue lenses that I'm not happy with.
I thought that if I replace them, due to their rareness, I would order from VZ and put the original color in, but wondered if both are the same.
Many thanks in advance.
20190714_195248.jpg

hebrewersfan,
It always looked to me on the original product images (still on google images), like they had a green tint as opposed to the dark grey.
View attachment 1038433
I'm only asking because I found a few tiny marks on my re-issue lenses that I'm not happy with.
I thought that if I replace them, due to their rareness, I would order from VZ and put the original color in, but wondered if both are the same.
Many thanks in advance.
View attachment 1038423
Wore my gen2s to work today

Attachments

• 15631336870622358731598269832925.jpg
    15631336870622358731598269832925.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 98
hebrewersfan,
View attachment 1038433
Many thanks in advance.
View attachment 1038423

yea the original pair's lenses are definitely more green than the re-issue. Tried to get a decent comparison shot here

yea the original pair's lenses are definitely more green than the re-issue. Tried to get a decent comparison shot here
View attachment 1038448
Thanks dude for the comparison, I really do appreciate that great pic, as there aren't many people with both.
I thought it was just my eyes, but they are indeed a totally different color. Time to email VZ to see what they can do for me, as I just decided I would like both sets of lenses for my re-issues, if they have them!

Those that have watched Spider-man: FFH and paid attention: what color are the noise pieces on the DITAs? The ones in Avengers: Infinity War was gold, so I am curious if they used the same prop or used a brand new one.

I watched Spider-man: FFH again today and am reasonably certain that the DITA props had gold nose pads. So, movie production used model 7806-A rather than any of the other models with smoke grey/palladium frames.

The gold is more difficult to see than it was in Infinity War due to the angles, but you can see the contrast between the silver and gold in some scene. I am looking forward to the movie hitting Blu Ray so I can pause/slow motion certain scenes.

I also think there were two or three different versions of the custom blue lenses in the movie. POTENTIAL SPOILER:

One light blue like the custom ones DITA put out for the bus scene; one near clear version for the bar screen where it was darker lighting; and darker blue like the Initium ones for the airport.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back