Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

Just got shipping confirmation on my CD's (51's).
At this point, I'm not so bothered now about the fit, as much as I am getting the purple tint right, the same with the HB's (not confirmed yet) which look light grey tint to me??
There is only 2mm difference, or 4mm total width, between the two CD's...just breath in and suck in cheeks when wearing them!..lol

Last edited:
Every time I use this cup I'm constantly reminded of our quest to find these glasses.

Attachments

• 20190509_082536.jpg
    20190509_082536.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
If anyone is looking for the HB frames, there are two sellers on eBay, one in New York and one from China. The NY seller says they're on backorder but won't pull his auction. The China seller says they're available. Just an fyi.

If anyone is looking for the HB frames, there are two sellers on eBay, one in New York and one from China. The NY seller says they're on backorder but won't pull his auction. The China seller says they're available. Just an fyi.
I had an order cancelled on the HB's, saying the same, that they were on back order. I've ordered from somewhere else instead, but some sites do show them as a "discontinued" frame.
Ok, so not great news with the CD's.
The 51's are pretty small as expected, but wearable...just.
Problem is, I'm just totally underwhelmed by the quality on these things. IMHO, they are like reading glasses that cost a few bucks. That's exactly what I'll use them for, readers. The hinges are flimsy and a bit wobbly and what I thought was a kinda "carbon" effect on them, is just "scratchy" plastic.
I will keep them, as they are obviously part of the collection, but to anyone having difficulty obtaining a pair, I honestly wouldn't worry, they just aren't all that good (again, IMHO).
20190509_133635.jpg
20190509_133753.jpg

I had an order cancelled on the HB's, saying the same, that they were on back order. I've ordered from somewhere else instead, but some sites do show them as a "discontinued" frame.
Problem is, I'm just totally underwhelmed by the quality on these things. IMHO, they are like reading glasses that cost a few bucks. That's exactly what I'll use them for, readers. The hinges are flimsy and a bit wobbly and what I thought was a kinda "carbon" effect on them, is just "scratchy" plastic.
I will keep them, as they are obviously part of the collection, but to anyone having difficulty obtaining a pair, I honestly wouldn't worry, they just aren't all that good (again, IMHO).
View attachment 1017509 View attachment 1017510
Lol im still super jealous!

Like i said earlier of you aren't happy with them I'll buy them from you
View attachment 1017509 View attachment 1017510

Ok, so its my lucky day!
2 frames in 1 day....the courier just handed me the Persol's!
Now these are a different level!
They remind me a bit of my matt black All-ins.
The weight is just right and so is the quality.
The lenses are photochromic polarized with that blue-ish anti reflective and oleophobic coating on the back of the lenses...nice...

They are etched "Persol Ph.P" on the top right lense (Ph.P - Photo Polar).
The arm ends are sturdy black matt plastic, which is almost rubbery. The smaller grey temple arm detail may seem to have an almost "blue" look when pictured, but is most definitely grey. (This small part will probably end up the same color as the rest of the arm, when I switch out the lenses and make the black frame front polished silver).
As they are brand new, I'm going to wait on crystal clear 4k images, before I even begin any mods!
In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy wearing these just as they are!
20190509_143032.jpg

Last edited:
Like i said earlier of you aren't happy with them I'll buy them from you
Thank you for the kind offer, but its like Wolfshire said earlier, its just a completionist thing. There are a few frames/styles in this collection I have a few gripes with, but have to hang on to them!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back