Can anyone ID Joel's watch from The Last of US (tv series)

stopmo

Apologies if there's already a thread on the watch, I tried searching but I'm only finding old threads about the videogame.

I'm not a watch guy but it reminds me a lot of the Timex Weekender though the face is not the same.

Attachments

• watchid.jpg
    watchid.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 311
Apologies if there's already a thread on the watch, I tried searching but I'm only finding old threads about the videogame.

I'm not a watch guy but it reminds me a lot of the Timex Weekender though the face is not the same.
I agree, the case definitely looks like a Timex Weekender. The dial and hands have been replaced with aftermarket parts. The dial could easily be custom. Difficult to tell about the hands as there are so many aftermarket hand mods available nowadays. Looks like maybe the hour and minute hands were originally all white, and were then painted black halfway down.

Because the movement has the seconds hand stacked with the hour and minute hands, I don't believe the subdial at 6 o'clock is functional. Usually a subdial in that position would be reserved for the seconds hand.

I dug through every model of Weekender, I think you're absolutely right. The 40mm. This is my build so far. I found the guy who built the original; Andrew Taylor is a WW2 reenactor that was hired by someone in the props department to build it, I reached out to him for confirmation but I haven't heard back yet. I'm 95% confident on the watch band, 92% on the body. I still feel like the body is too small, but that could be the camera warping. I found someone on Etsy who makes a great face, I just haven't found the hands. The hands are very specific. I believe they were painted black and white for the pilot colors, but the base hands must exist somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_20230301_130634.jpg
    IMG_20230301_130634.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 464
  • IMG_20230301_112019_1.jpg
    IMG_20230301_112019_1.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_20230301_130533.jpg
    IMG_20230301_130533.jpg
    838.4 KB · Views: 319
I build watches as a hobby. The top 4 watches in my case were built by me. I may have to build one of these for fun and sell it. I dont find Natos that comfortable. I have some watch part connections so I'll have them look for these hands.

watches.jpeg

I remember people mentioning it was a Lum-Tec Combat B2. But apart from the hand and the centered dial, and mabe the band, the numbers have a different typography, and the shell has ridges... But they could have had it mix and match.

LUMTEC_SUPERCOMBAT_B2_WHOLE3.jpg
LUMTEC_COMBATS_DUO2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back