Question Can´t -successfully- edit the header of my thread.

OdiWan72

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Posted about this problem already in the past, but the issue still does exist...

I edited the title in the first post of a thread of mine, BUT the change only shows in the thread itself.

The headline of my thread in the SW subforum, as well as the "root", once i click on my thread still shows the OLD title.
Please take a look at the attached pics:

OLD: 10-21.2014
NEW: 01-22-2015

What´s going on here? :confused

Thanks in advance, Markus

Last edited:
Re: Can´t -successfully- edit the header of my thread...

Posted about this problem already in the past, but the issue still does exist...

I edited the title in the first post of a thread of mine, BUT the change only shows in the thread itself.

The headline of my thread in the SW subforum, as well as the "root", once i click on my thread still shows the OLD title.
Please take a look at the attached pics:

OLD: 10-21.2014
NEW: 01-22-2015

http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy138/OdiWan72/Headline_zpso34etrft.jpg
http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy138/OdiWan72/Headline2_zpsznouiyay.jpg

What´s going on here? :confused

Thanks in advance, Markus
This happens when only the last few characters of a relatively long thread title are changed. As a test, you can add the word "ever" before the word "growing" in the thread title and it should then reflect the entire title change. It's related to a bug in one of our add-ons.

Thanks for your reply.
Tried what you suggested, but the title still doesn´t update...seems like I have to alter it even more

Markus

Thanks for your reply.
Tried what you suggested, but the title still doesn´t update...seems like I have to alter it even more

Markus
I fixed it for you. That fix should have worked as that solved the problem previously. Clearly, more testing is needed.

Re: Can´t -successfully- edit the header of my thread... (answered)

Any updates on this?
Still having this problem...

Markus

Sorry to bug you guys again, but I really would like to edit the header of my thread and NO MATTER what I change, the header won´t update :(
(it´s embarassing to have it still at 01-22-2015)

Here´s a link to my thread again, would like to change its title to "OdiWan72s blaster family" and have the chance to put a date or theme behind that, when I post new pics...
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=70950

Has this problems reason ever been identified?

Thx, Markus

Sorry to bug you guys again, but I really would like to edit the header of my thread and NO MATTER what I change, the header won´t update :(
(it´s embarassing to have it still at 01-22-2015)

Here´s a link to my thread again, would like to change its title to "OdiWan72s blaster family" and have the chance to put a date or theme behind that, when I post new pics...
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=70950

Has this problems reason ever been identified?

Thx, Markus
I have changed the thread title for you and if you have a need to change it in the future, please just post here and we will take care of it.

We have been unable to narrow down the reason for this issue and it is one of many reasons why we are moving away form vBulletin in the near future. Sorry for the inconvenience.

STILL having this problem...has the reason ever been identified?
Why can other people with long thread titles successfully edit these, while I can not :(

Don´t want to bother you guys every time I make changes :confused

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=70950&p=993534#post993534

Thx, Markus
Over the years we have had to install a lot of addons and do a bunch of custom modifications to the software. We have run into many strange issues that only affect certain users. As a result, vBulletin is really no longer a viable platform for us going forward. So we are definitely not ignoring your situation but ultimately the solution will be our upcoming migration to new software. Until that time, we have no problem with doing what is necessary to get us there, so if you need a thread title change (and you can't get it to change yourself), just let us know and we will take care of it.

ok, thanks a million!
Just didn´t want to waste your precious time

Please change thread title to a more common...

"OdiWan72´s prop family"

That should do for a while ;)

Markus

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back