Calling All 3D Modellers And Unfolders - Hulkbuster Has Arrived

PepMaster

Sr Member
Ok this is obviously not going to be a simple one or two person task, and certaintly not something I can do on my own without spending weeks working on it and tuning it down. But about a week ago I got a message from "isusuperman" here on the RPF that he would like to see a set of Hulkbuster files made, and this is'nt the first time I've heard that request.

So after searching I found one source for the model from a Gregory Hall ( I Am Gregory Hall ), and I sent him a message explaining what I would like to do, what would be created, and that he would recieve credit of course.

In return I recieved this. Now what I ask of the community is no simple task, if there are any 3D Modellers that would like to help out, the 3D Model will be put below. As for unfolders, that will be needed later on. Let the fun begin.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hulkbuster.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
greg really did an awesome job on this

not a lot of open edges, as most amateur 3d models have

does the model come in pieces or is it 1 whole piece

I'm not sure on the model if it has sections, where it can be broken down into bicep, chest, back, etc. I tried earlier opening the model with Milkshape and for some reason my 3D Software does'nt like models with over 100k Polys. You'll tell it to import a OBJ file and it won't import it.

I'm able to open the file in 3ds max and break out the different elements. The geometry got pretty farty, I'm guessing during the optimizing process. Is it possible to get the model without the optimization done to it? If not I can work with this but It won't be as clean when Pepped

Alright, I'll run with it.
The suit looks symmetrical so I'll probably just split it and make one file for each part and the builder will just mirror them.
I'll post the .obj files for the parts In the next 2 days or so but don't think I'll have time to Pep them for a while so if someone wants to take a stab at it, have fun. ;)

Alright, I'll run with it.
The suit looks symmetrical so I'll probably just split it and make one file for each part and the builder will just mirror them.
I'll post the .obj files for the parts In the next 2 days or so but don't think I'll have time to Pep them for a while so if someone wants to take a stab at it, have fun. ;)
awesome :)

Hulkbuster 3d model is separated and .obj files are ready to download HERE.

I did a tiny bit of cleaning of the 3d elements and tried to fix a few things but the model wasn't set up to be a costume and there are some strange geometry issues so builders will have to get creative with some of these parts for sure.
Good luck!!!

6435001405_e470c688cd_z.jpg

I did a tiny bit of cleaning of the 3d elements and tried to fix a few things but the model wasn't set up to be a costume and there are some strange geometry issues so builders will have to get creative with some of these parts for sure.
Good luck!!!

WOW can't wait to see this pepped =D GREAT JOB GUYS!

Also guys don't unfold the helmet yet. I'm waiting to hear back from him on a more accurate, cleaner helmet, but if you would like to do that one go for it.

Im busy for another week, so I wont have time to participate.

May I suggest to fix these geometry issues, to retopologise to fix the meshes?

Here is an example of retopolgy : Timelapse retopology - Bsurface - YouTube

I prefer to use blender 2.49b (pre major update) for all retopolgy as it just works smoother IMO. It will retain the original meshes shape with MUCH fewer surfaces than appearing on this model.

Good luck!!!

Only thing I see when I try to open that .rar is the abs, for some reason?

Another costume goes onto the "To Do" pile... :lol

Im busy for another week, so I wont have time to participate.

May I suggest to fix these geometry issues, to retopologise to fix the meshes?

Here is an example of retopolgy : Timelapse retopology - Bsurface - YouTube

I prefer to use blender 2.49b (pre major update) for all retopolgy as it just works smoother IMO. It will retain the original meshes shape with MUCH fewer surfaces than appearing on this model.

This is the correct way to go for sure. I can do it in 3ds max as well but won't have time for at least another month. Did anyone else have problems with the .RAR file not having all the pieces? If so I can reupload. Let me know.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back