Calling All 3D Modellers And Unfolders - Hulkbuster Has Arrived

sooo, i got the helmet file, but the polys need to be reduced
i tried unfolding it the way it was, but it gets way to detailed. anyone willing to do it, pm me for the model :)

heres a shot of my try to unfold :D

i tried unfolding it the way it was, but it gets way to detailed. anyone willing to do it, pm me for the model :)

the helmet is allready unfolded
Sperate the helmet- yellow by yellow red by red- you should have 2 uv maps
i just found my maya version of this helmet - which is 1686 faces

Let me know what you people want.

The helmet is allready unfolded - seperate it
yellow by yellow - red by red - 2 uv maps
i've found my maya model as well - 1686 faces
let me know what you people want

The helmet is allready unfolded - seperate it
yellow by yellow - red by red - 2 uv maps
i've found my maya model as well - 1686 faces
let me know what you people want
this is the very nice guy who supplied the awesome helmet file :)

welcome to the rpf :)

the maya model with the lower faces would be awesome, i reduced the faces of your model allready to about 5000 faces, via meshlab, so i got this :D
i didnt want to go any further xD

this is the very nice guy who supplied the awesome helmet file :)

welcome to the rpf :)

the maya model with the lower faces would be awesome, i reduced the faces of your model allready to about 5000 faces, via meshlab, so i got this :D
i didnt want to go any further xD

if you have patience i will put the maya helmet in your account at target view
first thing tomorrow, it's 1 am now and my wife is waiting for me - rofl.

expect it somewhere in the morning - just check out your account to see if it's availlable.
do you need 1 uv map or should i leave it with the 2 uv maps ?

pfew - what can i say ?
i'm a marvel fan myself and if i can help out someone once in a while
that's fine by me ;)

so i finished the helmet, there are quite some parts that dont need to be built, its all described in the file itself. the reason is that the model is modeled on the inside too, and those parts are not needed. if you want to build them, you have to unfold them, i only did the inside unfolds roughly
so here is the finished pep hulkbuster helmet, have fun with it and thanks to ionisys for the file :)

File-Upload.net - Hulkbuster_Helmet_ionisys-model--EyeofSauron-unfold.pdo

picture of the helmet in pepakura designer:

I love the idea of a HulkBuster, but have any of you considered the most diffacult part ? How do you fit a human into a costume that is FAR to wide ? The person inside will have there elbows sticking out, just to reach the inside curve of the sholders. If a person was about 6' tall, and has sholders about 2' wide, the HulkBuster would need 3' on the inside just to keep the right proporations , and thats assuming you are building without adding much height ( about 6'6" with helm ) I am not saying it cannot be done, only that it should be addressed, before people start there builds. As far as I can see, if you put your forarms into the bicepts, and have arm extenions at the elbow, it might look right, but bending the elbo would be a *****.
I hope I'm convaying me fears corectly. It is not that I do not think it can be done, only that it should be addresed, Before people start to build...Good luck all, I'll be watching

I was just wondering if there was any progress on this suite. It has really caught my eye and I would love to build it. This would be my first try at pep though.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back