I'm making my costume out of many sets of free files, based on how well they work/accurate they look.

These are the main files that most people have been printing. They are the Jesse M. files. They appear quite accurate, but I've discovered that there are many differences from the screen used suits. (only fanatics would really notice)

These files are scans of recasts of the actual suit. They are decently accurate to the original trilogy version, but some parts aren't the best for working for a costume, and there are some parts that aren't quite movie accurate for some reason, its as if they've been resculpted in some areas.

Eventually I had my own files made for the torso to be much more of a replica. Made both a sequels and original trilogy version.

Last edited:
These Jesse M files and the don post 3d scan files are using a smaller scale than the real screen used suit. This is because they are based from the Don post statue, which had shrinkage when they casted it from the screen used suit. Nobody in public really reveals the proper measurements of the screen used suit. But most people say to scale the files up to 104-106%. I printed mine at 105% for most parts. Know that the biceps can run too tight at 105% if you have too much muscle or slightly thicker arms.

Last edited:
Here are the legs printed at 105%, but modified in meshmixer to fit my shorter legs. I had to take off almost 5 inches of length to get these to work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210128-132850.png
    Screenshot_20210128-132850.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 241
Last edited:
The don post scans shorts don't fit inside the thighs all the way for some reason. This would be a problem, but I'm going to use printed shorts as a mold to make new ones out of rubber. this will allow it to be easier to walk and fit the thighs on all the way.

Last edited:
If you dont want to mess with rubber, than you'll probably have to use the Jesse M shorts and print in TPU or FPLA. I eventually made a FPLA version because the molded rubber one was pretty fragile, but it seriously limited the flexibility and leg movement.

Last edited:
The shoulder spinning system on the Jesse M. torso isnt very good for easy arm movement. I decided its possible to cut off the track of the torso and glue this on. My torso files on etsy have this included.

this will allow the shoulders to spin loosely. I'll put one on the back plate, and one on the chest plate.

Last edited:
For the feet, I bought a pair of Kung Fu shoes from Amazon. They add over an inch to my height.

Attachments

• 20210129_181817.jpg
    20210129_181817.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 127
  • 20210129_181748.jpg
    20210129_181748.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 163

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back