How C-3PO suit has changed in the Sequel trilogy. C-3PO Torso Comparison

Agreed with Xeno. I have always given credit to the scans as being the most important reference I had when I created my models. Without the scans, I would not have been able to get the level of accuracy in scale and detail placement that I was able to achieve. But with that said, it is clear that I did 100% of the modeling on my files myself.

Plus, even if mine were modified from yours, which they aren't, shaping every contour on the model would require so many changes that not a single thing would match up to yours anymore. A complete resculpt would erase any work you did on the model. So it wouldn't even count as your model anymore, you wouldn't have the right to claim its stealing from you.
I have filed an IP report on Etsy's reporting portal for the Head listing. The file is a direct re-work of the front half of my model.

To be clear on the Torso, my issue is not with the main front and back halves. Those look to be modeled independently of my models. My issue is with the back plate, neck ring, shoulder bells, throat valve, antennas and belly circle. All of those items come directly from my models. Since you are packaging them all together in your Etsy listing, I take objection to the listing as a whole. I have not yet placed an IP report on the Torso listing yet because the items that are derivatives of my models are accoutrements of the main torso model. If you remove the back plate, neck ring, shoulder bells, throat valve, antennas and belly circle from your Etsy listing, then I will no longer have any objection to it. Otherwise, I will file an IP report for that listing as well.

I have filed an IP report on Etsy's reporting portal for the Head listing. The file is a direct re-work of the front half of my model.

To be clear on the Torso, my issue is not with the main front and back halves. Those look to be modeled independently of my models. My issue is with the back plate, neck ring, shoulder bells, throat valve, antennas and belly circle. All of those items come directly from my models. Since you are packaging them all together in your Etsy listing, I take objection to the listing as a whole. I have not yet placed an IP report on the Torso listing yet because the items that are derivatives of my models are accoutrements of the main torso model. If you remove the back plate, neck ring, shoulder bells, throat valve, antennas and belly circle from your Etsy listing, then I will no longer have any objection to it. Otherwise, I will file an IP report for that listing as well.
The only part of the front head that is from yours is the tabs that I pasted onto it. That is because I wanted it to be compatible with your back head piece. I promise you the actual face has no relation to yours. It was made the same way as the main torso halves. I was actually planing this week on possibly making a whole new back head piece thats asymmetrical.

I also have to include your back head piece, because you updated your model, you took down the only back of head that was compatible with my face piece. So its mandatory that I include your old version.

As for the torso, people are buying it for the actual main halves. I'm not making money off of your decoration parts. I sell it so cheap. Even the description on my etsy says that these extra parts were found for free online, and aren't mine. I can mention your name specifically if you'd like. But I'd really appreciate it if you'd be ok with me including the decoration parts, considering that my listing never claimed those to be mine.

I've edited the listings to mention you specifically, stating that I didn't make the extra parts and am not actually selling them. I hope you can be willing to accept this, and be ok with me including your extra parts in the mock-up images.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back