Download files and build them with your 3D printer, laser cutter, or CNC. Thingiverse is a universe of things.
These files are scans of recasts of the actual suit. They are as accurate as you can get, but some parts aren't the best for working for a costume. I used this set of files for the thighs and the shorts because they had the most inaccuracies in the Jesse M. files
Hey guys ! This is the full C-3PO costume (without head and greeblies) from a Don Post statue. My files are big, sorry for that but to work I needed maximum polygons. Thank you Xeno to scanned that ! I worked hard to modified all that models, so please, don't make money with this stuff. Xeno is...
These files are using a smaller scale than the real screen used suit. This is because they are based from the Don post statue, which had shrinkage when they casted it from the screen used suit. Nobody in public really reveals the proper measurements of the screen used suit. But most people say to scale the files up to 105-107%. I printed mine at 105% for most parts. However, if I could go back in time and redo it, I would have printed it at 103% scale, as I am barely 5'6" and 130 lbs. 34" chest, 31" waist, 36" hips. So, I could have easily printed it smaller and it would have fit me completely fine for the most part and by having all parts being slightly skinnier, I would have appeared to have slightly taller legs than at 105% scale. This also would have made the arms not so long on me. The biceps can run too tight at 105% if you have too much muscle or slightly thicker arms. My older sister couldnt get the bicep on just because she wasnt super skinny like me. I have 10.5" bicep. If your bicep is more than around 11.5" it may be kinda tight or too small at 105%. For the chest it was huge on me width wise, but a little tight in the chest, but not too bad. If you want you can make the side profiles of the torso extra wide if you have a bigger chest and it would look like C-3PO in the sequel trilogy, or indistinguishable if only slightly bigger. I'm considering making a 2nd torso to be bigger for the sequel look, it would be way more comfortable. If you change proportions of the chest, the shoulder ring system wont work. but it never worked good in general, so I recommend cutting the shoulder slider off and gluing a full circle new one on, one on the chest, one on the back. I posted a file for it later on.
Here are the legs printed at 105%, but modified in meshmixer to fit my shorter legs. I had to take off almost 5 inches of length to get these to work, despite only being a couple inches shorter than Anthony Daniels. Those other few inches of my height are in my torso, not my legs, causing the belly wire section to be bigger than in the movie, and giving me shorter legs.
The don post scans shorts don't fit inside the thighs all the way for some reason. This would be a problem, but I'm going to use printed shorts to make new ones out of highly flexible, brush on silicone rubber. this will allow it to be easier to walk and fit the thighs on all the way.
Heres a picture from months ago when I was getting the head and chest ready for priming. I rubbed wood filler on to smooth them out because my print was kinda bumpy. The Jesse M head has a line under the nose, which should be smoothed flat, so I put the wood filler on that to flatten that off.
New shorts printed that are slightly smaller at 103% to not be as loose, but stretched to about an inch taller to shrink the belly gap. had a print fail on the top so had to glue the top on. going to use this to make my real one out of brush on silicone rubber eventually.
This will allow smoother shoulder rotation to a c3po torso merge the 2 pieces into eachother in cura and it should print fine. These pieces can be added onto jesse M c3po torso, just cut off the shoulder rotation system off the jesse m torso and glue this in its place. one on chest, one on...
this will allow the shoulders to spin loosely. I'll put one on the back plate, and one on the chest plate.
I'll modify it so the ring doesn't slide off.
in order to be able to wear 3po shoes, I bought 3 vacuformed ones from Starbuckcylon (1 extra one for making silver). The Shin did not rest on the right foot properly. It looked horrible, there was a gap. However, the left seems like a decent fit. I regretted buying them, but then I figured out a solution. To fix this, I modified the right calf file to have a 1 inch bigger ankle opening. However I decided It would be better to just make flexible rubber copies and use them instead.
I decided to print a more accurate asymmetrical face from the don post scans. I downloaded the face from thingiverse. I then added the connector parts from the Jesse M face. An accurate face is now compatible with the Jesse M files. I will put it on Thingiverse soon. The missing spaces on the sides are actually present on the real helmet, atleast in the originals. Sadly the lower lip of his mouth wasnt defined enough and is lacking the indentation. I tried sculpting it with some moldable plastic, but the paint and primer ended up hiding most of it.
Jesse M's c3po head is innacurate because it is symmetrical. I took c3pos face from the Don Post scans and modified it to fit with the jesse m back of head file (this file is scaled up to 105% so rescale accordingly). 3pos lips lost detail, you may want to do some post procesing to make his lips...