BURN BABY BURN!! Batman Returns Penguin FINISHED!!! Last page!!

Re: BURN BABY BURN!! Batman Returns Penguin (Coat progress!!)

OK, some coat progress...finally!!! Sorry school got kinda tough for a few weeks so I'm back to working on stuff. This is the coat progress I have so far. I modified some patterns I bought and ended up with this so far. I know his coat drags on the ground but being at a Con with a ton of people I don't want it dragging simply because when I did the shredder costume some one stepped on my cap and it torn right off. So I may add a longer piece with some velcro incase I want it to look longer but I also dont wanna sweep the floor for the convention center so we will see

So heres the start of it

IMG_0850_zps3eb1e9ff.jpg

IMG_0848_zpsf9a0ddfc.jpg

IMG_0847_zpsf4d845cf.jpg

So in the last picture you can see it sits on the ground a bit with the fat suit on and with the boots I bought it shouldn't drag on the ground. So back to modifying some sleeve patterns I should have some more updates tomorrow or tuesday for sure!! Then all thats left is the make up test,wig shopping, and button mods on the union suit I bought. I'm gonna try and make the red umbrella that spins with the squeak toys on it if I have time. So enjoy til tuesday!!!

IMG_0857_zps0f1ed05e.jpg

IMG_0856_zps9deb840b.jpg

IMG_0854_zps13c1f0db.jpg

IMG_0853_zpse9f41b1f.jpg

as more things finally arrive, here is the union suit!!!! And it fits great!!! gonna dirty it up and change the buttons for more accuracy. The face prosthetics should be here shortly and then ill start the makeup stuff. Hopefully I will have this ready to test at C2E2 in chicago if not phoenix con will be its first go!!

ok so since the costume is done and I haven't updated in a long time I'll show some of the rest of the progress pics and its debut...

So after that union suit arrived I finished the coat...
IMG_0898_zps29e5a179.jpg

and then finished up the bibb and tie... this pic was before they were sew and modified
IMG_0873_zps6961e37d.jpg

then a make up test, which didn't go very well. I choose to use silicone cause I wanted it to look more life like and translucent, but its very tough to work with especially being my first time doing any sort of make up. The silicone was dripping and kept running and as it was doing that it was curing leaving lift wrinkled areas on my face. So I ended up using more thickening agent to help turn it more into a paste.
IMG_0911_zpsae3ec6e0.jpg

So heres the finished costume with no make up
IMG_0901_zps140b200d.jpg

And finally the finished costume with everything...
IMG_0916_zpsa9e56f74.jpg

I ran into a few hassles along the way of getting this finished and looking how I want, but in the end I believe it paid off very well. I have more pics to upload and as soon as I do i'll post them.

I am impressed! The costume and face look great!
I wish the darker make up was softer around the edges, but this is really good. :D

Thanks, it was my first time using alcohol makeup so I didn't quite get the eyes right. I can see why movie makeup takes hours to do sometimes

And Wasteland I don't have kids lol

Ryan, if you're still coming to Wizard World Chicago youll probably get to see it in person, and I have a ton of pics now so I'll upload more later

Hey Salamander thanks for the notice!

AbsoluteZero-I look forward to meeting you, maybe I'll even have more buttons to pass around

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back