BURN BABY BURN!! Batman Returns Penguin FINISHED!!! Last page!!

Re: BURN BABY BURN!! Batman Returns Penguin (Sculpt progress pics)

Justindzs was nice enough to send more pics

penside1_zps6c912856.jpg
pengside2_zps21b62d4b.jpg

the sculpt IMO looks amazing....everything I wanted so far

some stuffing arrived today so tomorrow night and saturday I will get more work done and post more on the fat suit. I'm sure you're tired at looking at batting glued to fabric

So untill then enjoy the sculpt, I sure am!!!!

Alright some more fat suit work finally

here is the actual fat suit from the movie
fatsuit_zps9bfa2ad2.jpg

and here my progress so far

IMG_0811_zps96013829.jpg

IMG_0812_zps00875e7e.jpg

as you can see he has a really big gut, and thats what I went for. Finding the screen used fat suit pic was a nice advantage so I can see when all the padding needs to go to get his right shape. So its a nice quick update for you guys, and i'll get back to covering the batting with the fabric to help smooth it on, then the search for fabric for his union suit will begin!

Holy bat guano. That is impressive, gonna be an amazing suit. Love the prosthetic work too, will that be in silicone or latex?

The prosthetic will be silicone, I can't wait to see the final sculpt

amazing work!!! can't wait to see it finished!!
lookin at the screen used fat suit I think you need bigger boobies lmao

amazing work!!! can't wait to see it finished!!
lookin at the screen used fat suit I think you need bigger boobies lmao

Haven't gotten to the chest yet, that'll be tomorrow

IMG_0818_zpscc940418.jpg

IMG_0817_zpsa3c78e67.jpg

IMG_0816_zpse426281e.jpg

IMG_0815_zpsfcc37e74.jpg

so I did his chest and I think I need to separate it down the middle so it looks more like the screen used one

And justindzs has finished the sculpt
penguinpan_zpsaadc3a8b.jpg

it looks awesome!!

Can't wait til the castings show up so I can test apply one and do the make up

This weekend ill be finishing the suit and buying fabric so this can be finished up!

Looking awesome brother. I find myself more excited about your build than I am about my current one. LOL..keep on keeping on.

Looking awesome brother. I find myself more excited about your build than I am about my current one. LOL..keep on keeping on.

I appreciate the interest Caharin, as well as the comments of everybody else. Very anxious to get this done, and see the final result!!

BURN BABY BURN!! Batman Returns Penguin (Sculpt progress pics)

Rubies made (makes?) good Penguin gloves out of black latex which capture the classic webbed fingers look he sported in the movie. I have seen them in a costume store relatively recently so I think they are still being made. I have them on in this photo of a costume I did when the movie first came out (1992)!

amymyhab.jpg

My wife went as Catwoman and she carried my son (age 3 then, 24 now!) went as Batman. The umbrella has a magician's flash paper launcher in the tip wired to a button on the handle so it could shoot fireballs!

Your costume looks to be coming along great and your fat suit is amazing. Silicone will be great for the prosthetic! I could only manage slush cast latex but it worked pretty well because it avoids the mouth area and so doesn't have to move too much.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I really second the comments about this being an underrated and under cosplayed character. Tom Savini's book Grande Illusions has a great tutorial on teeth which you can follow step by step to make his hideous choppers!

Thats a great looking penguin!! I planned on doing that version for the Geek Prom they have at the Convention but I won't have the time sadly. Was that custom made or did you use the pattern they had back in the day for that costume? I bought the pattern but will only be using it for the gloves. And his gloves are pretty shiny so i'm going to use a pleather material for those, but I looked online for the ones you suggested and I can't seem to have anything come up for those.

And my facial prosthetic is going to be silicone

Pleather is perfect! The coat is two women's coats ( big women's!) one on top of the other with the outer one cut short to be the "cape."

The photo doesn't show it well but there is Armor-All on the latex gloves to make them look sort of like patent leather.

Re: BURN BABY BURN!! Batman Returns Penguin

So the hat arrived this weekend!!

IMG_0823_zps83074cf6.jpg

and I finished the fat suit
IMG_0827_zpsfa09a040.jpg

IMG_0828_zps5f059ee1.jpg

And just to make sure it fit and it looked right I put it on....

IMG_0829_zpsdff951d9.jpg
IMG_0831_zps872843d9.jpg

Think its fat enough???

I think it came out pretty good. I need to put an extra roll of fat on the back of the neck or re-adjust the fat roll so it sits up a bit higher, but other than that fat suit is complete!!!! Now the costume part will be getting focused on. I'll probably take measurements tomorrow, and buy fabric and buttons on tuesday. So stay tuned!!

BURN BABY BURN!! Batman Returns Penguin (Fat Suit DONE!!)

The hat is beautiful! Can I ask where you got it?

Thanks!

Re: BURN BABY BURN!! Batman Returns Penguin (Fat Suit DONE!!)

Damn man your fat......and thats a compliment, the fat suit looks badass

The hat is beautiful! Can I ask where you got it

actually got it on ebay....they're a custom top hat maker....the quality is great but i'm not sure they have a grip on how head sizing works....I told them I needed it to fit a 23 1/8'' head, hat arrived and didnt fit. I measured the inside of the hat and it was barely at 22'' And they never answered any of me emails from ebay, so I wouldn't recommend using them. I had to purchase a hat stretcher so it'll fit better.

RDmaul- thanks...we should stomp some batmen together at PCC. You break the backs, and i'll hit the spalsh!

sorry for the lack of updates guy, but I will have some after the weekend!! The coat is in the process of being made!!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back