Builds By Baz - Armoured Mech Freestyle

sandbagger

Master Member
In between a thousand other projects, large and small, I thought I'd have a bit of fun with a heap of junk destined for landfill.

Mech has been a bit of an interest never followed up, so it's time to try my hand. There are lots of cool mech references and artists online to take inspiration from, but I really want to come up with my very own shape.

Aside from a very loose stick-figure sketch to begin with, I am essentially making this one up as I go along, very much dependant on the materials at hand.

I still have a lot more tech-looking gear to attach to it before the armour plating goes on, then a paint job with my new airbrush system I got for my birthday.

iIiVhdF.jpg

MOpUpng.jpg

ZQFps4G.jpg

ZSOUaAz.jpg

g6u2bPi.jpg

JrDkFOK.jpg

AiZwyKA.jpg

0W4uFBO.jpg

JFn0LC1.jpg

Thanks crew. :D

Update:

Front filled in and base coat applied. That makes it all one machine. I have a few armoured plates and shields to screw on over some of the round parts to break them up. The last few airbrush accessories will arrive tomorrow, then I can start the paint detailing proper.

5UvLkYQ.jpg

R4sZn2u.jpg

tinOHw8.jpg

9Bwb35Q.jpg

yB7mvVc.jpg

I am really digging this..as soon as you pulled out the spruce, aluminium extrusions and drywall screws, I was hooked..
Looking great ... Cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back