Building the Sandcrawler

ckwanwoo

Sr Member
Hi friends~!

I'd like to have a plan to make SS Sandcrawler.
According to research for a few months, I know ANH models have a lot of common donor parts. (Especially, ISD, SC and Escape pod)
Fortunately or unfortunately, I already own many parts to make SC because I spent a lot of money for ANH ISD as you know.:cry
But SC is required the additional costs than ISD because of 4 sets of Tamiya 1/16 Sherman.

Actually, I'm planning to make it for future 2 years. (kits indentify, dimension drawing, modeling, painting and so on...)
1st step, I'm finding kit parts as ref. photo (the photo is quoted from Kurt's webpage...thanks to Kurt).
Please help me, if you know for 1~3 parts

thanks Eric.

Click to enlarge
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17948&d=1259315131

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New challenge...Sandcrawler

Wow Eric that looks awesome!! And you are actually using the real Sea Lab parts... your a wild man.

Isel

OMG Eric! I've never seen all the kit parts laid out on a sandcrawler before. The engine area of the sandcrawler has always been one of my favorite parts of a star wars vehicle. It's cool to see all of the separate parts.

WOW! Looks great! Thanks for posting such good pics of it too.

You never cease to amaze me Eric, fantastic work, and so nice to see you building again....cant wait to see more buddy!

lee

Eric,

Fantastic work. Thanks for sharing those detail build-up pics... sometimes I wish that no primer/paint was required, since those shots of all the parts laid out always in SS are stunning. Will be watching this one closely. Amazing.

Absolutely gorgeous! And on my "one day want to build" list - so I am envious and in awe!!!!!!

Awesome Eric!! And I never even had any clue where the Koolshade went until you posted these. Thanks for sharing your progress :thumbsup

Stunning, stunning work Eric, haven't heard from you in a while, I can see why, judging by this amazing build!. Just jaw dropping stuff my friend, talent at it's best!. I love seeing these builds in it's raw form, all the kit part colors give a clue to it's origin, shame to cover in paint dude!.
Stu:love

Thanks for posting so many detailed shots. I look forward to more of your excellent work.

TazMan2000

Woooooooow !!! Eric ! That's just incredible, that's one of my fav ANH model and Im very glad you build it ! Your work is top notch (as always), gonna follow this thread with great interest ! So what do you plan to do for the 4 Shermans ?

Isel,
I'm a soft man. :) I just got some parts of sealab from my friend to make SC because my casting skill is not enough.

Vegetariian,
It can be possible by your kit information. thanks

Dave,
I also got one of the sealab part, which was used on engine baffles of ANH SD and will retry casting...

Lee,
Do you know? Actually that is inspired form your rebel transport

Matt,
I'm doing SC and Hero Tie at the same time~!

Scott, Cowen, PH, Kevin, Jason, JPagaduan, Stu and TazMan
Thank you so much for your kind words~!
I'll keep unpainted view and all of colors until finish of it.

Juile,
I like your ESB ISD than my SC:)
First of all, I'm planning main body excluding tank track parts and
I will add RC tank parts after save money...:lol:lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back