Building the Sandcrawler

Re: New challenge...Sandcrawler

WOW Eric you seriously don't muck about mate. Its nice to see you killing another scratch build. hows the Star Destroyer going? This is an awsome subject :eek

Thanks to friends for your kind words:)
Here is small update~!

Jason,
Currently, I postpone the ISD project to identify unknown kit parts and re-construction to more accuracy...

thanks Eric.

soooo ....damn.....beautiful
it feels like burning in my eyes.

stunning work eric.
all my hats off to you.
amazing is your coping of the saturn engines around the revell (?) engine.
really appreciate your pictures too (like scott said), i've never seen this guy built up piece by piece and feel lucky to see somebody posting it.

thx.

Beautiful Eric, bout time we saw somebody build this in SS anyway, and who better than you i say!

lee

Totally inspiring. I'm endlessly impressed with the skills on display here at the RPF.

Thanks for all kind words:)

My SC's engine side is updted....
As you know the below pics, the panel lines is too many complexity...and it is killing me..:cry

And I'm finding some parts yet to finish the engine side...

Please let me know if you know the donor kits:)

<Click to enlarge>

Awesome Eric !

Part #4 is a motor plate from 1/24 Porsche (you can read the name ;)) made by Heller, cant remember which Porsche though... but it's 1/24 and from Heller, that's all I can remember !

Eric,

Awesome build. Love the pics showing all the kit parts :cool.
Part #1 in the picture is from the Monogram 1926 Mack Bulldog Truck.

It's just been re-released. I got one from my hobby-shop today. The large part under part #7 is the other half of the engine. Both engine halves have other smaller parts (not from the mack truck) stuck on top of them. Don't know what they are though.
Cheers, JT

I can only speculate, but 6 looks like a motorcycle engine cylinder head...maybe

The actually look about the same size and section as the mack truck engine. Maybe from the same kit?

Eric, that is crazy sweet my friend. This will be the "end all" of sandcrawlers. :)

Many thanks Dave~!

Awesome Eric !

Part #4 is a motor plate from 1/24 Porsche (you can read the name ;)) made by Heller, cant remember which Porsche though... but it's 1/24 and from Heller, that's all I can remember !

OK. I found some kit thru ebay search.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Testors-Heller-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c10992d5f

Can you confirm it? Julien:)

Eric,

Awesome build. Love the pics showing all the kit parts :cool.
Part #1 in the picture is from the Monogram 1926 Mack Bulldog Truck.

It's just been re-released. I got one from my hobby-shop today. The large part under part #7 is the other half of the engine. Both engine halves have other smaller parts (not from the mack truck) stuck on top of them. Don't know what they are though.
Cheers, JT

I'm Really thanks for your information~! I also buy it :)

I can only speculate, but 6 looks like a motorcycle engine cylinder head...maybe

The actually look about the same size and section as the mack truck engine. Maybe from the same kit?

Hi Scott,

Actually I couldn't find this part from Tamiya motor cycle...I will try to find it from other manufacturer.

thanks Eric.

Eric, I cant remember if that's the 917 or 934 (or even another) :( you should maybe ask guys on car modeling boards ?

The 917 is correct. It's a Heller kit, but it's also available from another maker as well (can't remember the exact one off the top of my head). I believe Marc Tognaccini originally identified that kit.

Finally, the engine and body were connected.
The original model was only finished for the right side and the left side was unfinished to maintain and repair.
I would like to apply the same approach for my model to add the caterpillar tread and to consider R/C function in future.
Next step, I will describe the panel lines on the hero side.

thanks Eric.

Impressive Eric ! Im very happy you're following the ILM way with a hero side !
You found most of the parts, that's great !

That really is beautiful Eric....why when i look at the use of donors on this, id not want to paint it.
Your an ANH building guru....and thats no lie!

lee

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back