Building The Death Star - PRODUCTION

I finally started a new thread. Here's the link:
I' m going to need some time to upload everything I have done so far from the beginning.

Last edited:
Removed it (although I do not understand what your problem is)

* jasonh1234 if possible please remove the post. Thanx

Would you want other people to post their work on your thread? It's like 'thread hijacking'.

There were several members who also asked you kindly to start your own thread which you did. There is no need to post the same work on other threads that aren't your own, unless you are commenting. I'm not being nasty, but there is a certain level of etiquette here.

Your work is amazing, but I'm sure everyone would like to follow just one thread on your project and not several.

TazMan2000

Would you want other people to post their work on your thread? It's like 'thread hijacking'.

There were several members who also asked you kindly to start your own thread which you did. There is no need to post the same work on other threads that aren't your own, unless you are commenting. I'm not being nasty, but there is a certain level of etiquette here.

Your work is amazing, but I'm sure everyone would like to follow just one thread on your project and not several.

TazMan2000
Well an other member also posted his work on my thread and it never crossed my mind that he could be 'thread hijacking’! Instead he gave new ideas on how to proceed.

However your opinion is respected and for that reason the threat has already been deleted. Ι’ m sorry if I insulted PHArchivist who is building a fantastic model and I look forward to see the progress of his work .

Want to show someone some pics from this thread...I read the first post and you say you think it should take 6 to 12 months to finish.....11 years later and still not quite done. But I sure have no room to talk after taking like 20 years to build a star destroyer thats not even close to accurate...haha.
LOL...

I have a geography problem. The model is in California, and I've been in Texas for the past four years.

Ironic - the first and ONLY lights the "new guy" has are the trench lights. Those are the only lights I do NOT have (except a few Brad did).

Doing the trench lights is all that is unfinished on mine.

Well an other member also posted his work on my thread and it never crossed my mind that he could be 'thread hijacking’! Instead he gave new ideas on how to proceed.

However your opinion is respected and for that reason the threat has already been deleted. Ι’ m sorry if I insulted PHArchivist who is building a fantastic model and I look forward to see the progress of his work .

Not sure if this is directed at me... (?)

Thanks to my friends for the support with regard to RPF posting etiquette.

I'm not upset over piggy-backing on my thread, though I DO fully agree that it is always best / better to start your own build thread rather that hijacking a thread of someone else.

That being said, I find it intriguing to see this new project...

I'm not a fan of 3D printing. I'm old-school and have always viewed 3D printing as sort of "cheating", or taking short-cuts.

Also not a fan of the Rogue One / new model surface texturing and detailing, but it is indeed a different subject matter and thus a different approach.

Curious why this model lacks surface lights...

Regarding the north pole (and that I'm "old-school"), my model was built the same exact way the original was, and was meant to emulate the original. In fact, I made many discoveries along the way that "taught" me (allowed me to figure out) how and why the original was built the way it was.

Anyway, I digress...

The north pole on the original did not have any such detailing; just a raised ring, which mine has as well.

Again, to my tried and true friends, thanks for the unending support, after all these years.

I've been "quiet" around these parts of late, and it is encouraging to see you all standing up for and still supporting my little project!

LOL...

I have a geography problem. The model is in California, and I've been in Texas for the past four years.

Ironic - the first and ONLY lights the "new guy" has are the trench lights. Those are the only lights I do NOT have (except a few Brad did).

Doing the trench lights is all that is unfinished on mine.
Didn't even realize you had moved to Texas.
Being such a big death star fan, this thread and everything you did were the reason I even found the RPF in the first place, trying to research what is now my spinning little avatar.
Also a reason that anytime I see something wrong or out of place on a DS model, I can usually notice.
Mine is by no means perfect, but I did what I could on such a small model.
How many times did you end up redoing you're dish? haha

Didn't even realize you had moved to Texas.
Being such a big death star fan, this thread and everything you did were the reason I even found the RPF in the first place, trying to research what is now my spinning little avatar.
Also a reason that anytime I see something wrong or out of place on a DS model, I can usually notice.
Mine is by no means perfect, but I did what I could on such a small model.
How many times did you end up redoing you're dish? haha

Touched... Truly.

LOL at least twice; did both the main dish and the center disc, twice each.

Did the radial detailing on the main dish with plastic strips, then re-did it with something even thinner. Can't even remember why I re-did the center disc, but did that twice too, AND want to do it a third time (so that it is convex instead of flat).

Touched... Truly.

LOL at least twice; did both the main dish and the center disc, twice each.

Did the radial detailing on the main dish with plastic strips, then re-did it with something even thinner. Can't even remember why I re-did the center disc, but did that twice too, AND want to do it a third time (so that it is convex instead of flat).

June of 1977.
George walks into the model shop.
"So ummm, Rob, the movies out, it was a big hit. But, we're not going to need that model after all. We just had Ralph paint something up for us instead."

"I'm almost done. Here, we can use it for the next movie."

No Rob, just no"

June of 1977.
George walks into the model shop.
"So ummm, Rob, the movies out, it was a big hit. But, we're not going to need that model after all. We just had Ralph paint something up for us instead."

"I'm almost done. Here, we can use it for the next movie."

No Rob, just no"

Wish I could have talked with Ralph...

I'm not sure if this has been asked anywhere yet (I'm sure it has) but has anyone saved/archived all the pics from Rob's build at all?
I have. Just in case the image hosting ever failed. I have an album in Google Photos set to private with 84 pics. Faster for me to view too while referencing for my own build.

Clearing images off my phone...

There is no progress shown here, but not sure these have been p
IMG_8522.JPG
IMG_8525.JPG
IMG_8526.JPG
IMG_8528.JPG
IMG_8530.JPG
IMG_9638.PNG
osted (they may have)...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back