Building the BR Voight Kampf Machine - Completed for molding - 8/8/12

If you do a kit be sure to mention it here so those of us who don't troll the junkyard will see it coming.

Thanks,
BrianM

Any reason why you did not do the soft edges on the front? (blue) or the larger distance between the "edge" and "button" (red)
The image area (with the eye) also looks more rectangular as opposed to your square shape.
bladerunnerf.jpg

Looks good otherwise :thumbsup

Nice work! It is good to see someone tackling this particular prop! I look forward to seeing the finished product (fully working - of course!) :)

The build has been with the moulder since September. It sustained some damage in transit, I'm still trying to find out exactly what and what needs to be done at his end.

The one prop from a movie that I would kill to have is a Voight (Voigt for all you fans of the book) Kampf machine. How is the build coming along please mate?

I'd love to see a kit for this as I could then give it to a talented mate along with a pile of cash and look at him with pleading eyes until he made it for me. :D

It spent a year in the US doing nothing (was supposed to be having moulds made) before eventually returning to me, where it's currently sitting in a box waiting to be repaired (damage was sustained during it's transatlantic adventures) and completed.

I believe I worked with the man who made this prop originally. I worked with him on the vfx for the movie "Dante's Peak"...

I believe I worked with the man who made this prop originally. I worked with him on the vfx for the movie "Dante's Peak"...

Mike Fink......??? I believe there are a lot of people who would love to ask him a lot of questions about this fantastic prop :)

Not Mike - (although I've met him when he was working on aDisney Haunted Mansion restoration...) The man's name is Nicholas Seldon. And the last time I saw him was the screening of "Dante's Peak" for the vfx crew at Universal Citywalk...many moons ago...

Several months ago,I asked Mike Fink to provide me with some kind of info on the V.K. build (measurements, pics, blue print of some kind). He responded right away, stating that it was a team build, 12 days of tweaking, building, transforming the prop we all admire. Gene also has given me (as well as the folks at Propsummit.com) the same info.
Tom Southwell was the one who really stepped to the plate with detailed pics and various Polaroid of the build as well as the finished prop (a interview with Stephen Dane was also the cherry on top kind of moment).
One of our member on Propsummit was working with one of Ridley's son in Vancouver and got the info that the prop was in his Father's office in London (albeit the U.K-V.K. that was transformed for additional photography into some kind of a hybrid; screens had to be adapted for the PAL format, therefore changing the original in various ways).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back