BTTF - Ultimate Delorean Cozy Coup

I think the mirrors are a nice touch. I didn't notice that you had not included them, but after seeing the mirrors / no-mirrors comparison, I think you should include them.

Hi Everyone,

OH YES it's coming together

y83xgHciSsWZK8sABPuThg.jpg

KILIscBrRDSudVlI83pFYg.jpg

The front is kind of wonky so I still need to do some work on it but it's coming out niceeeeeeee

giphy.gif

DBX

Hi Everyone,

Grinding out a bit of stuff while I've got a bit of time off!

The latest! I've been working on the time switch. I had put a temp object in Fusion to simulate the glass over the switch.

I had ordered some 2mm acrylic sheets with the intent of using them for the exterior rails BUTTTT I decided to use a bit to do a proper clear cover to the switch.

V-lghA76Sxukt7kDVobqcA.jpg

First I made a buck.. Luckily I had a piece of wood the exact width of the switch. I took a dremel to it and BAM shape!

4bXj49exSeGLd2bXkcdqTg.jpg

d2lLL8hMRZma1PngvPT-2A.jpg

I cut the plastic up, put it on top of the buck and then heated it up to where it started to bend and BAM!

DT6WvY1fQ2GqINvmX4DElw.jpg

Clear plastic coverage.

ALSO, started painting the car the base grey. Let me know what you guys think. Good color? I had bought a few but the more realistic "silvers" didnt look all that great.

vPUNCGY4SI2fQaiOXyB5Lw.jpg

UJodfsJiQByESIJBA0IVMg.jpg

DBX

The gray looks passable. Silver is always difficult to find. Any identical silver would be in a tiny Touch-up paint volume. It would take huge quantities of touch-up pens to cover that whole vehicle.

I love this!

I think it’s Rustoleum that makes a stainless steel spray paint for painting appliances to look like stainless. It of course won’t look like real stainless but it would put you in the right colour family. Or get some brushed metallic vinyl wrap and try to do it that way!

I love this!

I think it’s Rustoleum that makes a stainless steel spray paint for painting appliances to look like stainless. It of course won’t look like real stainless but it would put you in the right colour family. Or get some brushed metallic vinyl wrap and try to do it that way!

I second what Doc said. The aluminum from Rustoleum is a really good color.

Wes

Have you considered a brushed aluminum vinyl wrap? I’ve covered a few golf carts and the stuff is extremely durable. Wear gloves tho! 3 years on and still no hair on my hands from the heat gun.
Vinyl wraps would probably look good but that’s a bit more time and effort than I can afford at the moment lol

Hi Everybody,

Got some “stainless steel” spray paint, what do you think?

qeUg_Of8Rw2pT0aW_O9VAQ.jpg

oN1Tc73IQZe3VokMRiydNw.jpg
7eXBehEVRmec00T3U6-Q-A.jpg

ALSO, I got some good red model car spray paint for the tail lights. Now I need to find some orange/amber to do the turn signals

FBU3DJISSWu97UaRaqg-PQ.jpg

More updates soon, November is going to be a busy month!
DBX

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back