BTTF Plutonium Case Thread

The font on the HANDLE WITH CARE looks like Franklin Gothic bold, as opposed to the Helvetica used above. I could cut these in vinyl and recreate theRadioactive stickers if dimensions required are PM'd over - I'm a signmaker/designer by trade so I think I'll be useful on this forum lol!

Very useful indeed. I believe the stickers are 4x4. I would have to measure mine at home to be sure. I don't know about the letters, I could just measure mine if people think size wise they look close.

Very useful indeed. I believe the stickers are 4x4. I would have to measure mine at home to be sure. I don't know about the letters, I could just measure mine if people think size wise they look close.

Standard diamond hazard labels are 100mm x 100mm so just shy of 4", I'd imagine they are that. As I'm a new member etc and not allowed to sell stuff if you send me a stamped addressed envelope I'll knock them up FOC if someone can supply a good image for me to recreate

Look what i got in the mail today :) Time to start making a blueprint.
74507337.jpg

Look what i got in the mail today :) Time to start making a blueprint.
http://imageshack.us/a/img401/7130/74507337.jpg

I'm excited for you!

1. Could you tell me where you got the hardware and roughly how much it was? I have my eye on a used case that has all the metal bits I need, I'm trying to decide how much it is worth to me.

2. Were you able to get the trim peices as well? What about the hinge at the back?

And one more general question - is the yellow plastic textured at all, or just smooth?

HAZA!

The yellow plastic is just a smooth styrene "danger kids playing" road sign that i was thinking of adding to the plywood. But now it got a few cans of really yellow paint and thinking of painting the plywood instead.

Great, how's your progress, Contec?

Actually I wanted to order one "real one" directly from Anvil, but shipping to Germany seemes too expensive. It looks like I have to build it on my own. I made shopping list with all the parts needed from a special seller from its catalogue, but before I could mail it, I lost it somewhere and then forgot about it. Well, no real problem ;)

Contec, Did you order the hardware through Anvil or where did you pick it up? I'd love to do one myself and if it's significantly less for me to build it I'll go that route rather than ordering a case from Anvil.

I ordered it from this swedish site: Lister I dont think they shipp outside sweden.
However, I think this site do: Penn Elcom

Here is my Plutonium Amp Case. It isn't screen accurate as it actually houses an old Fender Dual Showman Reverb. So it is more of a tribute case.

The lettering isn't perfect but they are just the vinyl letters you get at an office supply place. 1/2 inch vinyl letters. The lettering tip came from Brandomack.

Thanks to everyone for tips and inspiration. Now I just need to order a plutonium cannister and find a remote control or camcorder.

IMG_0043.jpg

Hi all. I want to try and recreate my own plutonium stickers like the ones on the side of the case. I've got some pretty good examples off this forum but the screen version appears to have some fine text at the bottom underneath the 7. I can't read it no matter how much I zoom in on the film screenshot! I'm probably being a bit over fussy but I like to get things right.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi all. I want to try and recreate my own plutonium stickers like the ones on the side of the case. I've got some pretty good examples off this forum but the screen version appears to have some fine text at the bottom underneath the 7. I can't read it no matter how much I zoom in on the film screenshot! I'm probably being a bit over fussy but I like to get things right.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

You're right. You can't read that small text, even on very good HD screen caps. The new stickers you can buy, have not the accurate text, but here is a picture of an original 1980's sticker. The text is "L-16 LABELMASTER" on the left side and "CHICAGO, IL 60646" on the right side.

bttf-plutonium-case-thread-radioactive_flickr_image.jpg-243962d1382101715

Attachments

• radioactive_flickr_image.jpg
    radioactive_flickr_image.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 1,793
You're right. You can't read that small text, even on very good HD screen caps. The new stickers you can buy, have not the accurate text, but here is a picture of an original 1980's sticker. The text is "L-16 LABELMASTER" on the left side and "CHICAGO, IL 60646" on the right side.

http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f...adioactive_flickr_image.jpg-243962d1382101715

Hi, thanks for replying and the info! Much appreciated...

- - - Updated - - -

Those stickers are easy to obtain and cheap enough. Why go through the trouble unless you just want the challenge or something.

I think you're right, probably not worth the hassle. I found some almost exactly the same off a website now.

Thanks.

Hi, if this is still active: I made a set with all parts pre cut and drilled as a kit to build you own Plutonium Case (professionla flight case), real Plutonium stickers included. Have a look on Ebay searching for "Plutonium Case" , it should pop up.
As I'm in Belgium, might be interesting for non US residents.

Greets!

Hello gang,

I have seen a plutonium case for sale, but it is way more than I would like to spend. Anyone ever work on one of these and might be able to point me in the right direction?

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/5131/bttfi10024kn0.jpg

That's an "Anvil case" - I have a couple of larger ones I use for equipment & tools out in the garage. Check industrial surplus, they often pop up there.

Any shelves or dividers installed are likely slid into channels rivetted into place - the shelves are wood (usually 1/8" ply) and may be slid out; then the rivets drilled, the channels removed (they're aluminum, the rivets usually are as well,) and the holes filled with plastic filler of choice, sanded smooth, and painted.

If you look around at the hardware store, you can also find hardware to build one (rounded corner guards, aluminum angle iron for the edges, strip aluminum for around the cut edges of the lid & opening - if not channel stock - and use whatever hinges are appropriate (I've seen Anvils with either continuous piano hinge or individual hinges.) You can use 1/8" plywood, apply spot-fill putty, and sand for a smooth surface to paint. Rivets are usually used to hold things together, insert from the outside, and I suggest the use of backup washers on the inside. Pop rivets are often used, they're easier.

Foam may be sourced from wherever, most foam will cut most easily using metal tube, heated to a dull red (of whatever metal - you just need it to be hot enough to drop through and take out a plug.)

If you can't find the hardware locally, you can find most (if not all) of it through Parts Express - Anvil cases are often used for audio equipment, and concert gear often needs case repair... Google them.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back