BTTF Madrid Valterra Skateboard

For the black base I just used acrylic spray paint, and for the purple splashes I bought a bottle of acrylic paint.
You cannot use different types of paint, because it may cause weird chemical reactions like bubbles or something.
That’s why I used acrylic paint, and of course because it’s waterproof.
Your a star thank you hope your good

Decided to post on this thread because you inspired me to go make my own replica board, here’s my take on it!

Used pretty much every method you discussed except building the board from scratch; I just repainted one of the Madrid OG cruisers.

Attachments

• 3C181A2A-6F35-47BE-8E73-A7C2A01B665B.jpeg
    3C181A2A-6F35-47BE-8E73-A7C2A01B665B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 287
  • 5AF12F1A-91E7-405B-89C7-BD0C6EC5F67B.jpeg
    5AF12F1A-91E7-405B-89C7-BD0C6EC5F67B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 263
Decided to post on this thread because you inspired me to go make my own replica board, here’s my take on it!

Used pretty much every method you discussed except building the board from scratch; I just repainted one of the Madrid OG cruisers.
Looks great ! How did you get the stickers printed?

Looks great ! How did you get the stickers printed?
The splatter sticker came with the board I bought, and the circle Madrid sticker I found on eBay. For the top and bottom valterra graphics, I used the files that the OP provided, converted them to vector files and tweaked them a bit, then got them custom printed from a car sticker company.

This thread still 'active'?
Been inspired, but need help

Do you apply grip tape to the FULL top part of the board and then apply sticker, or do you apply sticker and then do the grip tape on the non-stickered bit?

This thread still 'active'?
Been inspired, but need help

Do you apply grip tape to the FULL top part of the board and then apply sticker, or do you apply sticker and then do the grip tape on the non-stickered bit?
First the sticker, then the grip;)

Those are the info from a 2016 thread:

Reactions:EvilLincoln1 and Spyhunter2k

[ATTACH=full]1645385[/ATTACH]

Spyhunter2k

Sr Member​

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Great stuff @TheRealMcFly. So that brings us to (revisions in BLUE, remaining questions still in RED):

• Trucks
    • Brand/Model: Tracker per Jerry at Madrid. Model: Extrack (Though when 2015 re-issue wheels are used, SixTracks trucks provide a more-accurate wheelbase. See "Wheels" below for more info.)
    • Hangar and Baseplate Color: Black
    • Board Attachment BOLTS: 1.5" Black Philips, likely non-recessed Philips trusshead (as seen on Madrid-owned "C" board)
    • Board Attachment NUTS: Silver/zinc-plated
    • Board Attachment Washers: Flat, not modern speed ring
    • Risers: unknown brand, Black, likely 1/2", but possibly anything from 7/16"–9/16"
    • Kingpin and nut: Silver/zinc-plated
  • Bushings
    • Kingpin upper (conical) and lower (cylindrical) bushings
      • Brand: likely Vintage Tracker
      • Color: Reddish-Orange or Red? Per TheRealMcfly: "Vintage Trackers. More red than orange and the cone is slightly darker than the barrel. Modern Venom bushings are nearly a match." They look a true red to me, despite orange being used on the re-issues. I will post a montage of pics of the real boards sowing just the bushings...
    • Pivot bushing:
      • Brand: likely vintage Tracker
      • Measurement: 3/4" OD X _____ length?
  • Wheels
    • Yellow 2nd Generation Madrid Fly wheels with inset letters and _________ offset (need measurement). I can measure my 2010 wheels as used on the first 2015 boards when I have access to my board to get that offset, which TheRealMcFly said should be very close to the vintage offset. Silver/zinc-plated wheel bolts. Flat washers used for wheels as well (as opposed to speed rings)?
    • Re-issues: Screened letters as opposed to inset. Further differences are as follows:
      • 2010 Re-issues: The 2010 re-issues were used on the 2010 25th Anniversary replica boards, and leftover stock was also used on initial wave of the 2015 30th anniversary boards. They have similar internal construction as vintage. They also have a similar offset as vintage, meaning their use with Extrack trucks will result in the film-correct wheelbase of about 4.625" (4 5/8") between the wheels.
      • 2015 Re-issues (also sold separately on Madrid's website in 2016 while stock remained): The 2015 re-issues were installed on the second wave of 2015 30th anniversary replica boards. Lighter in color, harder, plastic core. Higher offset, which results in them tucking further in towards the center of the board. To restore the film-correct wheelbase of 4.625" (4 5/8") between the wheels, the slightly wider SixTracks trucks by Tracker must be used.
  • Copers
    • Color/Brand: White flat-bottomed made by unknown manufacturer. Vintage white Z-flex copers are very close.
    • Width: About 1/16–1/8" from each wheel. Assuming the correct wheelbase of 4.625" (4 5/8") between the wheels, the copers will be about 4 3/8"–4 1/2" wide.
  • Bearings
    • Unknown manufacturer. Unseen, so not important for visual purposes.
  • Grip Tape
    • Type: Madrid "Flypaper"
  • Stickers
    • All are Vintage Madrid
    • Board top surface: 3D Banner
    • Board bottom surface: Explosion, early version, NOT the green Day-Glo version (top), 2" circle with "mfg" (bottom)
    • Copers: Madrid logo with white or clear background

Last edited:
£283.90 for a set of wheels? :oops:
Yep, I'm afraid that the market for this type of vintage wheels is always fairly high. You understand that those are in very good shape, from the early '80s and Kryptonite to boot. Those are in a semi-soft polyurethane used for street carving and skatepark bowl riding.
I've been skateboarding since the early '70s and had my fill of different skateboards, wheels, trucks and the likes. Kryptonite wheels were my fav for a mix of street/skateparks surfaces.
Last time I checked for vintage Sims wheels (in their original package) they were going for more than $240 (example)o_O
You could try to contact Valterra Skateboard to see if they still have the re-issued wheels.
Longboarderlabs.com might have a re-issued Kryptonite yellow original softness for less $$

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back