Borg Queen: costume under way.

Are mirrored contacts painful? I remember reading that Alice Krige could only wear them long enough to film a scene and then had to have them quickly removed because they hurt her so badly.

Are mirrored contacts painful? I remember reading that Alice Krige could only wear them long enough to film a scene and then had to have them quickly removed because they hurt her so badly.

They are hard lenses and must be worn over soft contact lenses.. so yes.. they are very uncomfortable.. but once I got use to them.. they're ok.

However.. it's hard to see out of them. You get somewhat of a tunnel vision when you wear them. Your peripheral vision is blurry but the center vision is ok. Wearing them indoors is like wearing a pair of sunglasses.

I strongly recommend not driving when wearing them, of course :)

hey....whatever happened to this build? I finally got on board and was surfing through the forum when i saw my borg stuff posted...Did you finally get to make this and complete it? just curious

I'd be very interested to see how the mold was done on the head and what sort of material was used for the final appliance.
Also, I alway's thought that the contacts were just too hard to see in the movie so I suggested to the guy's at 9mmSFX (http://www.9mmsfx.com/index2.html) a while ago that they make a sclera lens with the mirror lens in front of it.
They came through big time and now offer them for sale as "Mirrored Black Sclera". While not accurate to the movie make-up they are truly frightening to look at.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back