Borg Queen: costume under way.

Wow, very ambitious project! How are you going to do the body costume? Just don't do what the movie costume/props department did. When they made the costume for Alice, the material they used shrunk so it was actually too small for her. They shot a few scenes with her wearing the painfully small suit :eek but then they made her a new one that didn't shrink.

Oh, I found this image: Unimatrix Zero

It's from a Voyager episode, but I think they probably kept the movie and tv prosthetics the same, or close enough. Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
Wow, very ambitious project! How are you going to do the body costume? Just don't do what the movie costume/props department did. When they made the costume for Alice, the material they used shrunk so it was actually too small for her. They shot a few scenes with her wearing the painfully small suit :eek but then they made her a new one that didn't shrink.

Oh, I found this image: Unimatrix Zero

It's from a Voyager episode, but I think they probably kept the movie and tv prosthetics the same, or close enough. Hope that helps. :)

Excellent pic.. thanks.. The difference between the Voyager queen and the Enterprise one is the top clear plastic "tower" that's in the middle between the loom wires.. AND it has LED lights in it.

:)

Check out this guy's sculpt.. now if I can get his email address..

http://www.geocities.com/masaguyver/sidney.html

Well.. I found his address and was able to send him an email to the sculpture who made the BQ bust and he was so kind enough to email me some photos of the clamps.. here's what he sent me:

clamps1.jpg

clamps2.jpg

clamps3.jpg

clamps4.jpg

clamps5.jpg

clamps6.jpg

clamps7.jpg

He even provided me with a diagram and measurements :banana:
clamps8.jpg

What a great guy :biggrin:

I did some work on her last night.. nothing to brag about.. I was simply re shaping the head to make it more symmetrical.

Thanks.. any helpful advice? Should I use a wire armature?

If the whole thing is going to be clay I'd say yes, but if you'r able to piece it together with existing parts maybe not. I don't think that answer helped. So for future thoughts of molding it I would definately do anything to make it as strong or anything to maintain the integrity of the shape as much as possible--so a wire armiture is a good idea.

If the whole thing is going to be clay I'd say yes, but if you'r able to piece it together with existing parts maybe not. I don't think that answer helped. So for future thoughts of molding it I would definately do anything to make it as strong or anything to maintain the integrity of the shape as much as possible--so a wire armiture is a good idea.

Thanks JP.. I may be calling you to see when your available so that you can help me on the sculpt.. I seam to be "stuck" on the tube insertion on the head and could use your expertise :)

I'd forego the sculpting and shape the pieces from balsa wood. Clay, even resin, is going to be too fragile with this design. Balsa is sturdy and very light weight. It's easy to carve and you can cover it with sheet stryene when it's done so it doesn't look like wood.

-Fred

Thanks JP.. I may be calling you to see when your available so that you can help me on the sculpt.. I seam to be "stuck" on the tube insertion on the head and could use your expertise :)

Sure, call me anytime and let me know how I can help.

Hey D, from the looks of the contraption/fork assembly you could make only one arm with fork and then mold it to cast all three parts. This would be a faster and more efficient way to build it. You may of thought of that already.

Hey D, from the looks of the contraption/fork assembly you could make only one arm with fork and then mold it to cast all three parts. This would be a faster and more efficient way to build it. You may of thought of that already.

LOL!! Yup.. that's the plan.. once I have a moment to construct this contraption.

Im currently spending my time modifying my BSG BDU's and construction a burgundy Seven of Nine costume for Dragon Con `08.. so the Borg Queen currently on hold :confused

OK.. I got to work on the sculpt tonight and I must say.. I did manage to get a lot accomplished within 2 hours time (y)

Here are some LONG AWAITED progress pics:

cast73.jpg

cast74.jpg

cast75.jpg

cast76.jpg

cast77.jpg

cast78.jpg

cast79.jpg

cast80.jpg

cast81.jpg

cast82.jpg

cast83.jpg

cast84.jpg

Im now at a stopping point until JtotheP decide to answer my PM *hint, hint* :rolleyes:

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back