Bored

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNeill

Sr Member
So I'm sitting here waiting on epoxy resin and Alumilite to show up and I can't stand it! It's holding up my 66 inch TOS Enterprise build darn it!

I was going through my electronic stash and found this nice blue anodized laser I got a few years back. You can aim this laser a half mile away and still see it on street signs, trees and objects. So I figured the beam would show up well in the dark. Hmmmm...

So I get out my old playmates phaser from the 90s (I have a few don't we all?) and in about 2 hours had it working. Lucky for me the laser was 3 volt and so was the voltage to the old incandescent light they used. A little soldiering and some hot glue and I was in business. I drilled pressed the emitter so the beam could have a straight shot out.

Nice thing about this laser is it can be focused to wide beam.

When I was in high school and TOS a new show I watched it and dreamed about how one day we would have real lasers and could put them in a phaser. Wow wouldn't that be neat. Blasé to you young guys born with a mouse in our hand but for this veteran of Star Trek (and I worked on the first movie) it was an old dream come true.

Now to get a good phaser or scratch one myself and put a laser in it that will, well, you know...;)

The Video

IMG_7775.jpg

IMG_7774.jpg

IMG_7771.jpg

IMG_7769.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

robn1

Master Member
As long as they aren't boring threads, I don't think we need to worry about that with Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.