Borderlands Male Mechromancer Cosplay with guns!!!

I can get a Pic of the Pistol. Its a Captain Malcolm Pistol Replica I bought there (for a steal!) The costume on the other hand is pretty disassembled so I can work on the remake.

Hey everyone. After about a month of starting and new job, new semester and fighting a personal problem, I'm going to bite the bullet here and say my last attempt was a failure. I didn't plan the method out enough and didn't give myself enough time for something of this scale.

This time I'm going to make the guns you see below:

The Bitch Actualizer Transmurdera
2013-09-11_00009.jpg 2013-09-11_00001.jpg 2013-09-11_00021.jpg

I chose these three in particular because they have the same manufacturer and thus the same body style.
My plan is to split the blueprints into the body that each gun uses and each piece. These will include about 2 to 3 blueprints for each piece depending on the piece.

The next step to this will be carving MDF into each layer, then joining each layer together to make what I'll call "blanks" for now. I want to use MDF pieces instead of clay so I can reuse them for mold for however long I need to if I ever need to make more. hint hint hint

These blanks will serve as master-pieces for mold making. I want to use a nice sturdy resin, maybe something on the industrial size that's a little heavier to give them an accurate gun weight.

After making these resin cast pieces, I only need to put them together. These guns will have no moving parts, but will have include lights and places for batteries. If I tried to implement sound, that would require a board of some kind and accurate gun noises. I myself prefer to run around and yell pew pew pew.

Good luck with this!

I attempted to model the Actualizer in Sketchup, quickly realised the limitations of my modelling abilities. (I have no idea how people can make things from 2D plans; it baffles me.)

Have you seen the SMG parts matrix images, that shows all the manufacturer configurations? Helps a lot when it comes to determining what sort of SMG you want.

Hey Bro, I have been working on some Borderlands props as well, Kreig Axe (in the process of casting the original) and Maliwan SubMalevolent Grace (Bondo phase- nuff said). I'd be glad to talk shop if you want.

I have WIP for both on the gearbox forums under the username "Machinist-psycho"

Last edited:
No I have not, definitely going to look those up. Modeling from 2D needs reference images I usually use printed out in front of me. I've seen alot of people just make angled blueprints.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet, thanks. What do you have under the bondo?

Agreed. Please consider posting your builds here, too, BRDencklau.

And yeah, I can't imagine how your missus (or you) could possibly put up with Bondo indoors. That stuff will kill you no-time flat. I think you've saved your marriage by taking the sculpting to your day job. :)

It definitely relieved any tension that may have been mounting, no doubt.

I've been waiting to cast the molded components to my buzz axe... for no reason... Good story.

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!"

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Moar progress! Luckily the semester is over and my class load will be significantly less so I can get some more work in before DragonCon.

For casting the guns, I was thinking of just using Durhams and some plaster. My only concern is the gun like weight I want to achieve. Has anyone here worked with Durhams?

I have worked with Durhams in the past. Pretty simple stuff. Slight odor but nothing like bondo. Tends to flake over time.

Thanks. looking into it more I think I'm juts going to use some resin from Smooth-On. ordered a trial size of some of their cheaper stuff to try out.

PROGRESS UPDATE!!!!!

These are around 20 blueprints of layer all scaled and set to match, now time to go to Staples....

Had to put it in JIF form for you guys.

Actualizer Bitch & Transmurdera Blueprint.gif

Smooth-on is great. Costly in trial size if you are doing something big, but bulk cost is quite reasonable.

I'll check out your FB page too. Feel free to stop by mine.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back